Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Today was a lesson in business management and ownership!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Nobody in business likes firing people, its unpleasant especially if you like and respect the person. "Cut deep, if anything cut too deep but make sure you only have to do the dirty once, don't do death by a thousand cuts its terrible for moral!" Gerry Robinson

Putting the other characters aside, I would imagine TB will be hurting today as well, it can be a lonely place when making such choices, but made it he has!

Today was an example of how TB can take emotion out of a choice and do what he believes is in the clubs best interest!

He hasn't waited for Christmas or conducted a panic sacking hoping for a bounce with 10 games to go like so many others! He's made his choice right at the end of the season giving the new guy a whole summer to clear out dead wood and build fresh for a new start!

It was brutal but it was decisive; today was a business call and a lesson in ownership!

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
TB has invested so much time and money into this football club and made our dream a reality.

He has every right to do what he believes is in the best interests of this football club, and believe me it will be a decision based on ‘what’s best’ for the club.

People need to remember this club means everything to him, he is one of us.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
You disagree that it was a business decision? Are you suggesting something more sinister?

Not not at all, the statement was it was a "lesson in business management and ownership", sorry but I wouldn't fire someone the day after they have wandered around the pitch with their family and friends to celebrate staying up for a 2nd season. This isn't Alan Sugar territory, I thought we were better than that, even in our business decisions...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
agree with the decisiveness and also the timing is imo the least damaging - a shock perhaps. every one knows where they stand, no weeks making plans that will be futile.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Surely a good business owner would also look at his/ her own part in any failures and whether the person concerned was properly supported.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Not not at all, the statement was it was a "lesson in business management and ownership", sorry but I wouldn't fire someone the day after they have wandered around the pitch with their family and friends to celebrate staying up for a 2nd season. This isn't Alan Sugar territory, I thought we were better than that, even in our business decisions...

I understand but when would be right time if you’ve made your mind up and you’re already on a clock?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Would seem the whole world are suddenly BHAFC experts.

Had spurs mates on the phone being overly protective of him despite slagging off his anti football weeks Ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
TB has invested so much time and money into this football club and made our dream a reality.

He has every right to do what he believes is in the best interests of this football club, and believe me it will be a decision based on ‘what’s best’ for the club.

People need to remember this club means everything to him, he is one of us.

Yes it's his club

Not ours. His!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here