Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

Thanks for that Das, I must have missed that particular episode of Question time, I must add that The Honourable Ken Clarke equipped himself admirably in his response to the original question when giving his response, though I must also add that the SHOUTY person at the end showed himself to be quite quite ignorant in his SHOUTY tirade! Is he someone you aspire to emulate Das ? (The SHOUTY man that is, obviously not Ken.)

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
Sometimes I do try!

The remain argument was basically “Brexit will be horrific”. Well, maybe so. But the first rule of marketing is simply don’t even mention the competition. Even if it’s to badmouth them. You do not mention them. You focus on the benefits of your “product” not the disadvantages of the competition.

Entry level error.

I have not noticed a great deal of talk on this thread how the EU is performing and the countries in it rather then in the UK .This might prove the argument for Remain or Leave because this is what we are arguing about , as in seeing the bigger picture ,and what the future is for the EU .

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

Hi Das, just a quick one here, when the lady (Anne Widdicombe) announced she would stand for the Brexit party in the upcoming European elections, she was asked why, her reply was to, embarrass the Conservative leadership and to be part of the said party to obstruct or be a nuisance to the European Parliament and to hopefully enforce an hard Brexit as the 17.4m who in her opinion voted for this outcome ! When the interviewer responded that if remain parties were to win the most seats rather than the Brexiteers would this change her tack as in that circumstance it would be obvious that people had changed their minds about leaving ! Her reply was "Oh no we've had that vote" so obviously the nation cannot change their minds in her opinion, are you of the same mind Das?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have not noticed a great deal of talk on this thread how the EU is performing and the countries in it rather then in the UK .This might prove the argument for Remain or Leave because this is what we are arguing about , as in seeing the bigger picture ,and what the future is for the EU .

Fair. It does good and bad throughout it’s member nations. I think it does more good than bad, by a large margin. Others don’t. ‘‘‘twas ever thus.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The fall-out following the local elections (disastrous for the Tories; poor for Labour) seems to be creating more impetus for a deal between the them, the logic being that May is terrified of the Brexit Party eating into the Tory vote if things linger until the Euro elections. If so, how ironic that Farage's party might be the (indirect) driver towards a softer Brexit. After all it was Cameron's fear of Farage Mark 1 that got us into the referendum and ultimately the Leave vote; now Farage Mark 2 might compromise the sort of Leave that he wanted.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The fall-out following the local elections (disastrous for the Tories; poor for Labour) seems to be creating more impetus for a deal between the them, the logic being that May is terrified of the Brexit Party eating into the Tory vote if things linger until the Euro elections. If so, how ironic that Farage's party might be the (indirect) driver towards a softer Brexit. After all it was Cameron's fear of Farage Mark 1 that got us into the referendum and ultimately the Leave vote; now Farage Mark 2 might compromise the sort of Leave that he wanted.

I think it will now be widely seen as a stitch up and both parties will pay a heavy price.......

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Thanks for that Das, I must have missed that particular episode of Question time, I must add that The Honourable Ken Clarke equipped himself admirably in his response to the original question when giving his response, though I must also add that the SHOUTY person at the end showed himself to be quite quite ignorant in his SHOUTY tirade! Is he someone you aspire to emulate Das ? (The SHOUTY man that is, obviously not Ken.)

Have you ever seen that loathsome shouty remainer Alistair Campbell when he's losing an argument? Very shouty and aggressive.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Have you ever seen that loathsome shouty remainer Alistair Campbell when he's losing an argument? Very shouty and aggressive.

He’s always been shouty and keen on trying to talk over people. If he were a Leaver you’d likely praise him for “telling it like it is”.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I think it will now be widely seen as a stitch up and both parties will pay a heavy price.......

In regards to this thread if a potential deal is cobbled together, I see 2 outcomes in terms of reaction to it, from leave voters:

1. Delight - that their faces have been saved on a football forum and they've got the exact Brexit deal they voted for 3 years ago.
2. Outrage - Because despite not understanding or caring about the nuances of it, they've heard a Brexit backing Tory with a posh accent say it's the greatest humiliation and capitulation this country has faced since Eton College lost by 10 wickets at Lord's to Harrow School in 1935 and agree with him as a result.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

... frustration with the idiotic arguments he faces I guess.
Sad that you think of him as loathsome though; he speaks so highly of you.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
... frustration with the idiotic arguments he faces I guess.
Sad that you think of him as loathsome though; he speaks so highly of you.

Doubt it. Horrible bully of a man . Comes across as very aggressive . Seen him through the years not just on the brexit debate but other political debates. Horrible man and a Burnley fan! What's to like?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I see Farage is warning May against a 'betrayal of the people' this morning. If she does do a soft-soft-soft deal with Corbyn next week will he demand that the people are given the power to stop it? Will this make him an undemocratic loon? And should the alternatives put before the people include the one that has the greatest support? Or would that be undemocratic?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Do you think the EU is in debt?

So you don't think the trillions spent on dodgy banking debts by Draghi's quantitative easing programme is debt?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It is obvious that you have no information on the Brexit Party's foreign sponsors 2p, but you clearly have blind faith in 'Nige'.... I acknowledge your desperate loyalty and I am sure you will tell yourself its okay whatever is unearthed later.
I hope Nige appreciates it.

I will be charitable,as Albion have survived,and just assume that English is not your first language.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here