Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] It’s a bit blowy in Worthing!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not quite what the OP meant with this thread title ..but I see we are in for some strong winds overnight and into tomorrow morning ....quite stormy

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Talking of sex and murder in faded seaside towns then can highly recommend two current sitcoms "Don't Forget the Driver" and "Back to Life".
Both of which do incredible jobs of making both Bognor and Hythe look beautiful. Lots of shots of sunsets, empty beaches, and faded glory.
and there's a brief mention of Worthing in DFTD .

BBC iPlayer - Dont Forget the Driver
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m00042j7/dont-forget-the-driver

BBC iPlayer - Back to Life
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p0757vxm/back-to-life

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I've noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of homeless people sleeping in shop doorways etc. in the last year or two.

Been asked for money a few times but never been offered a blow job.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Lived and worked in Worthing quite a few years ago when it was a nice place. Shocked to see how much it has gone down hill in recent visits especially the High Street. Reminds me more of Littlehampton, although that looks like it has improved over the years.
Nice pier in Worthing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lived and worked in Worthing quite a few years ago when it was a nice place. Shocked to see how much it has gone down hill in recent visits especially the High Street. Reminds me more of Littlehampton, although that looks like it has improved over the years.
Nice pier in Worthing.

Food and drink in Worthing is on a definite upward curve, and has been for a few years - there are some really good choices. Kenny Tutt's Pitch is only going to further that when it opens in the near future.

But you're right - shopping is pretty poor. It's a pretty last resort for us to visit the town centre to go shopping.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lived and worked in Worthing quite a few years ago when it was a nice place. Shocked to see how much it has gone down hill in recent visits especially the High Street. Reminds me more of Littlehampton,.

Wow kick a town when it's down. :lolol:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Worthing is far from a hole. I rather like the town. Prefer shopping there than Brighton. Got good pubs, bars and restaurants and a lovely stretch of beach.

last time i was back feb last year , i was walking out of warwick st turning right to go up chapel road at about 1 a.m after a lock in at a boozer that shall remain nameless ...as i was going around the corner an oik jumped out of a shop doorway and just about screamed..."OI...!!" right in my face , i'm afraid it was more than i could deal with and i left him asleep on the pavement.....a complete defensive reaction i'm afraid and I'm pretty sure his next port of call was casualty where he was no doubt fixed up at the nhs 's expense....my bad ....his mate stood in the doorway that he had just jumped out of and said " fookin 'ell la , he was only gonna ask for a fag"......prrffft....*****

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
More filthy behaviour

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/17599359.woman-bares-bum-in-park-as-bad-behaviour-plagues-worthing/

Direct result of cuts to services and police cuts and despite what the Tories claim, also down to rising unemployment (yes, don’t believe what you have read, govnmt figures are false and misrepresentative). More people on the streets, less police = loss of control over public spaces.

This is Tory England.

good job they're not all tooled up isn't it although according to people in the town guns are becoming more visible in the albanian and romanian rackets ...won't be long before it all kicks off....where are all the men for **** sake ...?...this is bloody worthing were talking about ffs...!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wow kick a town when it's down. :lolol:

Worthing Centre is a shithole, I go to Chichester by default although Worthing centre is just a few minutes from where I live.

Mind you I also think Brighton centre is a bit of a shithole too, but with way more character :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Worthing Centre is a shithole, I go to Chichester by default although Worthing centre is just a few minutes from where I live.

Mind you I also think Brighton centre is a bit of a shithole too, but with way more character :shrug:

Yeah but there's shitholes and then there's comparing it to Littlehampton. :lol:

Oh and Brighton is a shithole.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah but there's shitholes and then there's comparing it to Littlehampton. :lol:

Oh and Brighton is a shithole.

I’m no longer brave enough to go to Littlehampton, especially at night.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Go to any town centre and standards appear to have dropped, a lot of people genuinely do not give a flying **** anymore, litter dropped as if it is acceptable, graffiti daubed all over the gaff, it is a sad site indeed to see the decline of the Country, thankfully I’ll hopefully be dead in 25-30 years and will not bare witness to the real demise of Great Britain, feel very sorry for people bringing youngsters into the world today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
last time i was back feb last year , i was walking out of warwick st turning right to go up chapel road at about 1 a.m after a lock in at a boozer that shall remain nameless ...as i was going around the corner an oik jumped out of a shop doorway and just about screamed..."OI...!!" right in my face , i'm afraid it was more than i could deal with and i left him asleep on the pavement.....a complete defensive reaction i'm afraid and I'm pretty sure his next port of call was casualty where he was no doubt fixed up at the nhs 's expense....my bad ....his mate stood in the doorway that he had just jumped out of and said " fookin 'ell la , he was only gonna ask for a fag"......prrffft....*****

Just goes to show the dangers of smoking.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Worthing is far from a hole. I rather like the town. Prefer shopping there than Brighton. Got good pubs, bars and restaurants and a lovely stretch of beach.

I love living in a Worthing. Now we have live sex shows in the town centre as well.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I expect the defendant will say he was told to go and get a job when he signed on earlier that day.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I've noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of homeless people sleeping in shop doorways etc. in the last year or two.

Been asked for money a few times but never been offered a blow job.

Like they would get money out of you. I heard you were tight........ I presume they meant about money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here