Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia’s goal. Best I’ve seen from him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was beginning to wonder why Locadia's magnificent strike wasn't being mentioned more.
It was a superb goal that any top player in the world would be proud of. He's now beginning to settle in nicely.
With Andone, Locadia and hopefully a new quality striker next season we will be well placed to remain a competitive PL side.

The goal was a wonderful combination of strength, power and skill which will give us all more confidence in our Dutch maverick.

Not much has been said of playing two central strikers either...that was novel (not that I'm complaining or giving CH advice)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
His offside goal was a case of striker making the moves and having the nous to be in the right place at the right time, which he does seem to have that striker's knack of doing, a bit like his goal against Derby or that other dissalowed onside goal against West Ham earlier this season. I think there's a useful player there.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I really rate Jurgen, but he won't settle faster unless the club show a bit more confidence in him and rotate him up front with Murray and/or Andone. Jurg is strong, has a great shot [kept both yesterday's shots on goal down when they could easily have skied], knows where the goal is and, like Andone [and Murray too I guess] has a bit of a 'street fighter' about him. I hope yesterday's crucial contribution helps the lad feel a critical part of this squad.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I really rate Jurgen, but he won't settle faster unless the club show a bit more confidence in him and rotate him up front with Murray and/or Andone. Jurg is strong, has a great shot [kept both yesterday's shots on goal down when they could easily have skied], knows where the goal is and, like Andone [and Murray too I guess] has a bit of a 'street fighter' about him. I hope yesterday's crucial contribution helps the lad feel a critical part of this squad.

He and Bissouma also look to pass forward more than most.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well for me he can now do no wrong. He sent us to Wembley so bit like the golden buzzer on BGT - he goes straight into Albion immortality.

#TeamJurgen!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
PSV fans said when we signed him (paraphrase)... doesn't look like a footballer but scores all sorts of goals. Both his goals yesterday were great finishes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Virtually every time the ball went to Jurgen yesterday he either held it up well, hit a decent pass, or turned his man. Off the ball, as usual he made a number of decent runs - other players still need to get on his wavelength a bit better but there's a real talent in there - just not sure of where he sits in our usual formation.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Made a real difference yesterday but still lacks consistency for me. That said, he shows flashes of genuine quality and his goal yesterday was top forward play. I still think there's much more to be seen.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, well, there's certainly a very decent footballer in there, that's now obvious. However, Locadia's inner footballer needs to come out to play a bit more often - if we can get him doing stuff like this regularly that £14M (?) we spent will start to look like good business. Hope this happens.

If, however, his moments of brilliance turn out to be all too rare and we need to replace, at least his Youtube highlights video will look a £M or two better!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It's not a massive list though, is it?

(Fantastic finish though)

I meant best move as a whole. Bad phrasing... punish:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The guy is a centre forward. You can see it.

I like Jurg. I can forgive making mistakes. I can't forgive a player not trying/hiding.

Despite it clearly not going well, he ALWAYS comes for the ball, ALWAYS gets himself into scoring positions and ALWAYS looks to do a positive pass first.

Sure, eventually he may well want to go and it goes down as one that didn't quite work, but he certainly isn't downing tools.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here