Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Solskjaer

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is he the manager or the front man for Sir Alex who apparently visits the training ground every day?

What you're saying is, that at 77 and after a recent life threatening brain haemorrhage, he is now back at the training ground managing the football team every day? Really?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't really care about Man United enough to care about what Solskjaer says or thinks.

The Media are using him to take pot shots at Jose Mourhino with - Once they have shot him to pieces and they have Solskjaer on that pedestal - He will be next in the firing line, just as soon as the Champions League matches come around.

He should just keep his head down and be very humble. I think he is loving the adoration and might be getting swept up in the hype.

He seems a nice chap actually and I will be sorry to see the same Media who have raised him up solely to take pot shots at him in the coming months.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No what I am asking and suggesting is it possible that OGS is acting under Sir Alex instructions and guidance as regards training and possibly even team selection.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
No what I am asking and suggesting is it possible that OGS is acting under Sir Alex instructions and guidance as regards training and possibly even team selection.

I am sure he likes working for free, the same person who went to court over the stud rights of a horse gifted to him

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I am sure he likes working for free, the same person who went to court over the stud rights of a horse gifted to him
Fergie doesn't work for free, he is an ambassador and gets paid.

OGS is not only a legend amongst United fans but has been groomed for this job. Years ago fergie said he will be United manager. And he has managed the u18's with great success. Whether it is this season, or next, he will become United manager one day. I think he will be given it this season though.

Mourinho should never have been given the job, for many reasons but style of play was the biggest factor. I can't believe fergie gave his blessing to be honest.

Lastly, 7 out of 7, of course he will bask in the glory, who wouldn't?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Fergie doesn't work for free, he is an ambassador and gets paid.

OGS is not only a legend amongst United fans but has been groomed for this job. Years ago fergie said he will be United manager. And he has managed the u18's with great success. Whether it is this season, or next, he will become United manager one day. I think he will be given it this season though.

Mourinho should never have been given the job, for many reasons but style of play was the biggest factor. I can't believe fergie gave his blessing to be honest.

Lastly, 7 out of 7, of course he will bask in the glory, who wouldn't?

How do you know all that stuff about them? "Fergie", are they your 'second' team?

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Never really understood all this hatred for Man United. I get that it's common practice to dislike successful sides, but they're certainly less obnoxious in my view than teams like Man City (new club, disregarded years of mediocre history), Chelsea (same), and Arsenal (appalling treatment of club legends, arrogance above any other). I've always been pretty impressed with their youth policy - they've got a great history of allowing youngsters time in the 1st team, and their most successful time was with a core of local lads playing regularly.

Also got nothing against Solskjaer - seems like a fairly decent bloke, and is probably what they need after the LVG/Mourinho shit show.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Never really understood all this hatred for Man United. I get that it's common practice to dislike successful sides, but they're certainly less obnoxious in my view than teams like Man City (new club, disregarded years of mediocre history), Chelsea (same), and Arsenal (appalling treatment of club legends, arrogance above any other). I've always been pretty impressed with their youth policy - they've got a great history of allowing youngsters time in the 1st team, and their most successful time was with a core of local lads playing regularly.

Also got nothing against Solskjaer - seems like a fairly decent bloke, and is probably what they need after the LVG/Mourinho shit show.

The youth policy of ripping youth of other clubs, appalling treatment of club legends (Dennis Law, David Beckham, George Best arrogance above any other the cock o the North). Local lads like erm ahem Beckham, Giggs, Cantona, Cole, Schmeichel, Solskjaer, Keane and Ronaldo. I remember seeing City demote United with their disregarded legend (history).

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

yeah hatred is over the top. a mild dislike for their smugness. though they have Mata and Rashford two players i like.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I like him tbh..

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
yeah hatred is over the top. a mild dislike for their smugness. though they have Mata and Rashford two players i like.

My missus asked me during tonights game a) which team I disliked more (hard that one), and b) why did I dislike Man U so much. It's so difficult to explain isn't it - a complicated mix of disliking their smugness, their 'should be beating #TeamslikeBrighton', their sense of entitlement during the 1980s, stealing our cup final tickets, and to a large extent Ron Atkinson and his gold medallions! Just how do you explain it?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think this is emphatic evidence of just how anal Jose really was as a manager, Pogba has proved he is world class

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I like him, indeed I've liked United ever since that treble winning season, the football they played at that time is exactly the kind of football I most enjoy watching, and it seems that OGS has got a bit of that back

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I like him, indeed I've liked United ever since that treble winning season, the football they played at that time is exactly the kind of football I most enjoy watching, and it seems that OGS has got a bit of that back
Have you considered counselling? You LIKE Manchester United?

You aren't an actual football supporter are you. Can't be Brighton anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here