Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Talk Sport

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yep, that just about sums it up. I just mentally block out the adverts, same as I do on the tele.

That's a disgrace - cricket should be on the BBC, or at least not on a station you can only get on a digital radio or on line. Really pi$$es me off that I can't listen to cricket in the car.
Don't most cars have DAB these days? Haven't had one without for about 10 years. Or just get it through your phone? Or buy a little cheap DAB for buttons to keep in the car?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Quinn is the worst thing on the station

How is someone that tortured horses allowed on national radio to discuss horses?

Well a convicted drunk driver had been voted top tv personality so ........

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
TalkSport is also the only place you can get ball by ball commentary on the cricket

Can you not get it via the BBC Sports app anymore? They used to have all the County matches on.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I was bitterly dissappointed recently to find out Tradepoint have dropped their iconic 'Vindaloo' radio jingles.

:nono:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Try podcasts. Pick your topic, huge range out there, and you won't find that wretched topic sneeking into the likes of the Telegraph Football Daily, or Flintoff, Savage and the Ping Pong Guy. The Infinite Monkey Cage is very good as well.

Honestly, there is so much more out there than just TalkSh1te as an alternative to endless brexitbollocks.

Aye ..I listen to podcasts when I am out almost every day.. The Daily is my current favourite ..but like to pop the radio on when I am doing the washing up or cooking etc ...background noise more than anything..they do that quite well

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I also like TalkSport.

That doesn't mean I like all the presenters.

Brazil is an ignorant **** who has very little knowledge of football in general and none about football outside the top 6. Much like most people down the pub and some on here. Some of his co-presenters are good. Dean Saunders talks a lot of sense.

Jim White loves the sound of his own voice too much but again, some of his co-presenters are OK. Simon Jordan is good value

Hawksbee and Jacobs are superb and their show is the stand-out. Perfect interplay between Hawksbee the professional journalist and Jacobs the hysterical fan who loves to have a moan about his team.

Durham is good. I always thought he was a professional wind-up merchant who deliberately sets up to have a row. I have spoken to a few paople who owrk as producers on his show and they say he isn't like that at all. Believes passionately in what he says. Good entertainment and Darren Gough has grown into his role as Durham's stooge.

Danny Kelly is excellent and has a number of very good co-presenters.

Andy Goldstein is good and as long as Jason Cundy isn't co-presenting, it's a good show. Darren Lewis is a good stand-in

At the weekend, Georgie Bingham is decent and Tony Cascarino ok as her co-host.

Mike Parry is a massive ****

Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning are very, very good and their show on Sundays is superb.

They also have, in Sam Matterface, one of the best commentators around.

I'd rather listen to people talking about football, even though some of them are bellends, than not.

And Micky Quinn is a complete prick

I'd go along with most of this. Don't mind Brazil though. Also not a huge fan of Saunders or Seaman. The worst was Ginola though but thankfully he doesn't seem to be on any more. McCoist is hit and miss. I do like Parlour and bizarrely (because I know sod all about his sport) Dallaglio.

Never liked Durham but I'm actually starting to listen to him more often on the way home.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't most cars have DAB these days? Haven't had one without for about 10 years. Or just get it through your phone? Or buy a little cheap DAB for buttons to keep in the car?

Never had one. Not in current nearly five year old car - never had one in hire car/vans either. Phone doesn't do t'internet.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've been on TalkSport a few times, mainly H&J for finance stories and TalkSport Two with Chris Iwelumo. They treat guests pretty well, allow you to get a point across and actually debate the issues well.

Like many others Brazil is a non-starter for me, mainly due to his spectacular ignorance which he wears like a badge. Simon Jordan, as much as I hate to say it, speaks a lot of sense and is smart with it. Jim White can be brilliant at times (his haranguing at the hedge fund vultures who own Coventry City was superb) and a dullard at others. Durham knows what he is doing, unlike Gough, and as a Poundshop Howard Stern is actually quite good. Rushden and Glendenning are excellent and Danny Kelly is a hero of mine from the NME, Q Magazine and Danny Baker days on Five Live.

The main reasons I will switch over is the predominance of adverts.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've been on TalkSport a few times, mainly H&J for finance stories and TalkSport Two with Chris Iwelumo. They treat guests pretty well, allow you to get a point across and actually debate the issues well.

Like many others Brazil is a non-starter for me, mainly due to his spectacular ignorance which he wears like a badge. Simon Jordan, as much as I hate to say it, speaks a lot of sense and is smart with it. Jim White can be brilliant at times (his haranguing at the hedge fund vultures who own Coventry City was superb) and a dullard at others. Durham knows what he is doing, unlike Gough, and as a Poundshop Howard Stern is actually quite good. Rushden and Glendenning are excellent and Danny Kelly is a hero of mine from the NME, Q Magazine and Danny Baker days on Five Live.

Simon Jordan is brilliant in all his media work. Giving an honest and very extensive insight into all the goings on behind the scenes in football, the greed, a mine of information on transfer shenanigans, and doesn’t give a XXXX about making enemies. Not afraid to criticise CP either.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Jim White can be brilliant at times (his haranguing at the hedge fund vultures who own Coventry City was superb) and a dullard at others.

I can't listen to White for long - He's a bell end of epic proportions - but caught him interviewing Roland Duchâtelet recently. There was definitely no haranguing and he was given a completely free ride to the extent that statements such as 'We got the communications wrong' as the main cause for his issues at Charlton went completely unchallenged. More or less all his guests are 'His great friend' or 'Fantastic company to the extent that it is like listening to a PR interview for whoever is on the receiving end.

He's only worth listening to when someone calls the MTL a pub league and he starts banging on about Rangers and Celtic. It's the only time the guard drops.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can't listen to White for long - He's a bell end of epic proportions - but caught him interviewing Roland Duchâtelet recently. There was definitely no haranguing and he was given a completely free ride to the extent that statements such as 'We got the communications wrong' as the main cause for his issues at Charlton went completely unchallenged. More or less all his guests are 'His great friend' or 'Fantastic company to the extent that it is like listening to a PR interview for whoever is on the receiving end.

He's only worth listening to when someone calls the MTL a pub league and he starts banging on about Rangers and Celtic. It's the only time the guard drops.

Not a fan of most of the crap on TS (bar Danny Kelly, Simon Jordan, and some other exceptions), but Jim White faces a dilemna of how to keep the communication lines open with the (alleged) crooks at Coventry and Charlton. If he went full throttle accusational, the communication would be cut in an instant and no one would ever learn anything.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

In relation to Roland Duchâtelet, he is asking £60 million for Charlton, a League One club, who have lost £180,000 a week for the last five years. Other L1 clubs can be bought for a fraction of this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Rushden and Glendenning are excellent that they are.

Their show is possibly the best thing on the radio, which is odd what with it being on the very very very radio station.

Rumour has it the shows being podcasted again, soon. :rave:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Never had one. Not in current nearly five year old car - never had one in hire car/vans either. Phone doesn't do t'internet.
Blimey. Even the worst car I've driven in over a decade (courtesy Fiesta shitmobile) had a DAB. Controls were almost impossible to decipher but it worked.

The idea of driving without 6 music, 5 live sport extra or indeed Talkshite (if that's where the cricket is) makes me feel slightly nauseous. And I don't even drive much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here