Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aston Villa

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
From reading a few of those comments, they want someone else in to be able to spend more money to compete :lolol:

I think only one person on there noted that billionaire owners aren’t as common as many of his fellow fans seem to think. What a load of delusional, entitled idiots. I especially liked the one who didn’t think he could stand watching a third season of Championship football. I’m sure supporters of Coventry, Rochdale, Plymouth, Sunderland and many others feel for the poor dear.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think only one person on there noted that billionaire owners aren’t as common as many of his fellow fans seem to think. What a load of delusional, entitled idiots. I especially liked the one who didn’t think he could stand watching a third season of Championship football. I’m sure supporters of Coventry, Rochdale, Plymouth, Sunderland and many others feel for the poor dear.

Yea I saw that one, it's puzzling really. VIlla were absolutely atrocious to watch for many years in the PL, at least they've been winning a few games in the Championship.

It's all about status with these 'fans', the only sense I can make of their attitudes is if they don't even watch the team they're supposed to support.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yea I saw that one, it's puzzling really. VIlla were absolutely atrocious to watch for many years in the PL, at least they've been winning a few games in the Championship.

It's all about status with these 'fans', the only sense I can make of their attitudes is if they don't even watch the team they're supposed to support.

Yes, it is weird that. When I was standing behind the goal with the likes of [MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION] and [MENTION=944]Inkerman[/MENTION] at Torquay, or Carlisle, or Barnet or Exeter, or Plymouth or up at the old Hull ground with [MENTION=3733]papajaff[/MENTION], I don't recall any of us saying wistfully that we are 'too big' for this division. My abiding recollection was that we felt lucky to have a team to support, and privilaged to see (eventually) some decent wins. I wore my Donatello shirt with pride (and still do - luckily I bought an XXL).

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Yes, it is weird that. When I was standing behind the goal with the likes of [MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION] and [MENTION=944]Inkerman[/MENTION] at Torquay, or Carlisle, or Barnet or Exeter, or Plymouth or up at the old Hull ground with [MENTION=3733]papajaff[/MENTION], I don't recall any of us saying wistfully that we are 'too big' for this division. My abiding recollection was that we felt lucky to have a team to support, and privilaged to see (eventually) some decent wins. I wore my Donatello shirt with pride (and still do - luckily I bought an XXL).

And now they're all on IGNORE, shameful

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I loved Minton and McDugald.

I saw us win away at Bournemouth, in torrential rain with the pitch a ball-halting lake, where Minton and McDugald played the conditions brilliantly.

That was my first proper away game(I'm not counting the play off final or going with the junior seagulls).

Tried to lob a bog roll on the pitch as a streamer when the teams came out...obviously didn't unroll as it was sodden mulch. Delighted with the 3-0 win, just a shame it was years before i next saw us win away...

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Villa about to lose again, this time at home, leaving them mid table.

With their large and very expensive squad of ‘names’, I thought that highly rated Dean Smith would’ve got them on track for promotion.

Nice to see that unlike the PL, money doesn’t always buy titles. Good for football.

Edit: Massive could only draw at their little neighbours Rotherham. Leaving them bottom half. It’s a funny old game. :lolol::lolol:

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Villa supporting acquaintance says the jobs too big for Dean Smith, reckons they'll give him his day in the sun on Sunday and then he'll be sacked. Rumours in the Midlands they'll go for Big Sam to keep them up this season and then go for Pochettino or Allegri in the summer.

el punal

Villa supporting acquaintance says the jobs too big for Dean Smith, reckons they'll give him his day in the sun on Sunday and then he'll be sacked. Rumours in the Midlands they'll go for Big Sam to keep them up this season and then go for Pochettino or Allegri in the summer.

I don’t know what it is with Villa fans, most of the ones I’ve spoken to seem decent enough but seem to have this deluded opinion that their manager (any of them) is not good enough. When Martin O’Neill was in charge in 2010 Villa were in the PL top six, were doing well in both cup competitions and playing good football. Yet still their fans moaned about him, about the style of play, tactics, you name it. Weird. :shrug:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Pochettino or Allegri, very good Crodo! [emoji23]

That's what their fans have been saying on their local radio phone in up there. My Villa supporting acquaintance says they've got money to burn and as one of the handful of true big clubs in England no-one is out of their reach.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here