Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UPDATED: Dale Stephens SIGNS 3.5 Year Deal

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lovely to see him nearer the halfway line that the edge of the box.

[tweet]1162793715938791424[/tweet]

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Uncomfortable times for the fans who very vocally don’t rate Muzza, March or Stephens.

Another manager does rate them, they’re part of a PL first team playing some lovely football.

It could also be said that Hughton is to be blamed for his tactics. Nearly every player looks like they have got a new lease of life.

Who seriously thought March could be a wingback ? He got back and pulled off a great tackle.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It could also be said that Hughton is to be blamed for his tactics. Nearly every player looks like they have got a new lease of life.

Who seriously thought March could be a wingback ? He got back and pulled off a great tackle.

I know you’re correct.

But I’d say that March has had a quality defensive side to his game for some time. He owned the diving cheat in Palarse’s last visit to the Amex, in a great display.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I did and I imagine quite a few people did. It seems obvious to me that the attributes he has (good engine, quick feet, decent technique, mobility, defensive discipline) are suited to being a wing back, whereas his limitations (inability to beat a man, poor crossing) are shown up as a winger.

Going forward i agree, Tracking back and putting in tackles no. You seriously thought he was capable of that ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Been chatting about him being a LB or LWB for at least 3 seasons.........

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know you’re correct.

But I’d say that March has had a quality defensive side to his game for some time. He owned the diving cheat in Palarse’s last visit to the Amex, in a great display.

March as a wing back has been mooted for quite some time by plenty of posters.

I know that for a fact because every time I read it I instantly thought:-

'bollox, you clearly don't know shite'.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Going forward i agree, Tracking back and putting in tackles no. You seriously thought he was capable of that ?

The skinny, vulnerable to injuries, March was last seen in 2017/18.

Last season he came back visibly stronger in stature and in deeds on the pitch. Tenacious, an irritant to opposing wingers or flying FB’s, a great tackler.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looking back at Jan 14, most posters thought DS would be a shite purchase without knowing anything about him. There were however a few oases of rationality.

[MENTION=1530]mejonaNO12 aka riskit[/MENTION] comes out of it very well.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The skinny, vulnerable to injuries, March was last seen in 2017/18.

Last season he came back visibly stronger in stature and in deeds on the pitch. Tenacious, an irritant to opposing wingers or flying FB’s, a great tackler.

This! This! This!

I sit too near to a couple of very vocal March haters.
One of them was still banging on about him being too lightweight at the end of last season.

****ing ridiculous comments by morons who made up their minds about him 3 seasons ago..

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
There are so many people on here that want March to be good and are blind to his faults. The fact that our centre back was more threatening on the left wing and much better at crossing than him shows he has a lot to work on.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think it was Stephens who pulled off that hearty, perfectly timed two footed tackle today?
Loved it.

After many of his well timed, crunching tackles, WH players seemed momentarily (in their football DNA) about to play act hurt, to get DS carded. But the ref today was very good on that. A showman like Kevin Friend might, wrongly, have seen things differently.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Keep it up Dale, you are making the haters with their “not good enough” “too slow” “only passes backwards or sideways” comments look like right mugs. Shackles off bringing out the best in Stephens so far.

Dale Stephens Albion’s Enforcer :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Keep it up Dale, you are making the haters with their “not good enough” “too slow” “only passes backwards or sideways” comments look like right mugs. Shackles off bringing out the best in Stephens so far :thumbsup:

I've moved away from King of the Mugs, sat behind me.
Having listened to 2 seasons of shite from him I now am a little sad I can't wallow in his silence.

That said we now look down on our old seats and it appeared to be MILF central down there.

It's as if the club has realised the awkward oaf has been shipped out so all the totty can be moved in. :down:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Keep it up Dale, you are making the haters with their “not good enough” “too slow” “only passes backwards or sideways” comments look like right mugs. Shackles off bringing out the best in Stephens so far.

Dale Stephens Albion’s Enforcer :thumbsup:

This.

Brilliant performance.....

Just a very good player (and always has been).....

If Declan Rice is an England player..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here