Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hammers will beat us

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Annoyingly, my mate who normally sits with us is away this weekend and given his ticket to a Hammers fan. Bah!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Annoyingly, my mate who normally sits with us is away this weekend and given his ticket to a Hammers fan. Bah!!!
Video him, then tell the stewards

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Last Saturday was just a huge sigh of relief that we performed very well under Potter as it was all unknown stuff.
Together with the jubilation that we won our first match, away from home, against a side that last season was difficult to beat and we got 3 points.
Fans were very happy about it as any fan of any club would be and if we continue to play like that and improve we will be ok.
I don't think that anyone is seriously predicting top 10.
Today will be difficult as they all are but if we play well I think we will win.
It's going to be very interesting today how we play considering that the performance last week was away.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No way. We are all part of one big family!!!
I will look for you, I will find you, and I will report you[/Neeson]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's not very nice.
That's good.
Too late, you've already turned up taking the piss. Next time try and not post at all.

I think you'll find I'll post the occasional comment of the sort you deconstruct above, if I feel inclined. I've had plenty of lectures from various people about how I should confront people I disagree with rather than put them on ignore so I don't expect to please everyone. On this occasion it would appear to be you. Someone actually started a recent thread about putting people on ignore. Oh, it was sussex nobhead. Fancy that. :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think you'll find I'll post the occasional comment of the sort you deconstruct above, if I feel inclined. I've had plenty of lectures from various people about how I should confront people I disagree with rather than put them on ignore so I don't expect to please everyone. On this occasion it would appear to be you.
We're each free of course to either put people on ignore, or simply ignore posts as we see fit, or disagree with people. You choose to have a large ignore list, and regularly publicise who's on it. I find the publicising part unnecessary and somewhat mean. I also find it spiteful that you come on this thread to insult Nomad, despite having him on your ignore list. You don't seem to like him, you have him on ignore, why can't you just leave it at that? It feels shitty, and I don't get the feeling that you're a shitty person IRL.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We're each free of course to either put people on ignore, or simply ignore posts as we see fit, or disagree with people. You choose to have a large ignore list, and regularly publicise who's on it. I find the publicising part unnecessary and somewhat mean. I also find it spiteful that you come on this thread to insult Nomad, despite having him on your ignore list. You don't seem to like him, you have him on ignore, why can't you just leave it at that? It feels shitty, and I don't get the feeling that you're a shitty person IRL.

Hmmmm.....food for though, and deserving of a thoughtful reply.....

Edit: the short reply is maybe you're right. Given you are commenting on my 'behaviour' I am bound to have a bias in any comment I may make. Below is what I wrote earlier (the self-justification and hubris).

I have a choice, reply to posts I don't like or pretend I haven't seen them. To make it easier to do the latter I have some people on ignore. When I see the replies to certain of their posts, I always retain my discipine and don't read person I have on ignore, but sometimes it is hard to not chip in (replying to a reply). I wonder if you would think it less shitty if I simply unblock the offending poster and join in with all the other people pouring their boiling piss? Personally I would argue it is less shitty for me to say 'more crap from one of the ignored I see' or suchlike.

Most of he people I have on ignore I simply ignore. Of course there is no actual need to poke these people by applauding others who poke these people. But there is no actual need to be on NSC at all. NSC is 99% fun for me. But I do feel inclined to register my allegiance, so to speak, with the boiling piss throwers, sometimes, particularly when they are responding to posters who are primarily WUMs or trolls (in my opinion, of course).

As for my shittiness, nobody has contacted me to tell me I have caused distress to X Y or Z, because I have said I have them on ignore. I'm sure I'd have a visit from the mods if I had. There are some WUMs on here who never respond to direct replies to their nonsense anyway. So it is hard for me to feel shitty about saying I have them on ignore.

The one thing I find a bit odd is that when I mention I have someone on inore this seems to infuriate some people on NSC. I have heard from some of my pals on NSC this is especially the case for certain people I have on ignore. Talk about winding up the WUMs!. It makes me mention the fact more. So it goes.

A long time ago I started a thread about another poster and was rightly slapped down for it. That poster was later given a permanent ban for various unrelated stuff, but even so, NSC rules etc. I was wrong. As for a certain current poster, well, I apologised to him for some harsh comments I made, not realising he apparently has mental health problems. He later started a thread, clearly directed at me, about how lame it is to have people on ignore, which various people joined in with, making snide comments about me. So I have no guilt about commenting I have him on ignore. I would have thought that if some of the stuff this poster has posted is true he should not be posting on NSC at all, and I would have expected the moderators to have given him time off for his own good.

I'm sorry if you think I may have some sort of character flaw with my occasional spasms of opprobrium but, on reflection, I think I'll carry on as I am. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The above idiot also questioned mental health and me, for that reason he is a nasty piece of shit. It was actually very hard to admit it and some of the people on here have known me for a lifetime, whereas above idiot does not know me at all. He has no right to even be here for his comments.

Edit: And he edited his post 1 minute after I posted.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hmmmm.....food for though, and deserving of a thoughtful reply.....

Edit: the short reply is maybe you're right. Given you are commenting on my 'behaviour' I am bound to have a bias in any comment I may make. Below is what I wrote earlier (the self-justification and hubris).
I think it depends if you're really sure that the person you're choosing to take the piss out of is an asshole that deserves it. If (as I think you've said in some posts) you think they have mental health issues, I'd suggest giving them some slack. We had a regular poster here who is now infamous (see the banner at the top of the page) who I believe struggled with some health issues, and people would regularly take the piss, which I always found pretty distasteful. Personally I think the person you're arguing with is a decent person.

I'm not exactly virtuous when it comes to taking the piss out of others here. I receive a fair amount of stick and I dish out a fair amount too. Although hopefully not against someone who I actually feel has issues. One poster seems to be just batshit mental, so I just ignore everything they post. I'm not sure if I've ever replied to one of their posts, as they're so mad. I've not put them on ignore, I just ignore them. But then everyone else thinks they're mad too, so I don't feel the need to say anything. But while others insult me as much as I do them, I feel what you're doing is more slimy, as they can't answer you back as you've got them on ignore, so you just take the piss out of them in front of everyone and then leave. It feels underhand.

I have a choice, reply to posts I don't like or pretend I haven't seen them. To make it easier to do the latter I have some people on ignore. When I see the replies to certain of their posts, I always retain my discipine and don't read person I have on ignore, but sometimes it is hard to not chip in (replying to a reply).
I can understand that, but then that's not what happened. You said "I have SN on ignore. I saw the thread title and clicked just so I could laugh at the replies."

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I thought you were being shitty, maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. You'll do as you see fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here