Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garth Crooks/Team of the Week

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Crooks gave a glowing review of Dunks performance:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49314485

"This was a magnificent performance by Brighton's Lewis Dunk against a Watford side who didn't seem to realise the season had actually started. The clearance off the line by Dunk was typical of his ability to see the danger.

I knew Dunk could defend but I didn't know he was capable of delivering such a defence-splitting pass for the likes of Neal Maupay. What a ball! The display by Dunk epitomised a Brighton performance that surprised the hell out of me."
because he doesn't play for a Top SIX side!

Did you know? In addition to helping his side to a clean sheet, Dunk completed more passes (54) than any other Brighton player against Watford, also making two tackles, three clearances and two interceptions.

amended for Garth!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Crooks gave a glowing review of Dunks performance:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49314485

"This was a magnificent performance by Brighton's Lewis Dunk against a Watford side who didn't seem to realise the season had actually started. The clearance off the line by Dunk was typical of his ability to see the danger.

I knew Dunk could defend but I didn't know he was capable of delivering such a defence-splitting pass for the likes of Neal Maupay. What a ball! The display by Dunk epitomised a Brighton performance that surprised the hell out of me."

Did you know? In addition to helping his side to a clean sheet, Dunk completed more passes (54) than any other Brighton player against Watford, also making two tackles, three clearances and two interceptions.

Where's the bit where he says we're still going down despite a good performance? And why isn't he moaning about us not chanting Potter's name? Maybe he's turned over a new leaf.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
It is laughable how little credit Dunk has had for his ability on the ball. Southgate might actually pay some proper attention now too.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
A pundit who didn’t realise that Dunk could make great attacking passes. Why am I not surprised?

Crooks just seems surprised at our performance in general. Either that's because Hughton's tactics were really that dire, or he simply didn't care that much before. I'm more inclined to think its the latter.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So Barnes scores two goals and doesn't make the team ?

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
EBxTuz-XYAA7Wdf.jpg

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel

The praise that GP has gotten has been almost unprecedented (and maybe a bit carried away, full credit to GP and the team, everything shows he is a really promising manager, but ffs he's had one really good game against a piss poor side in the first week, I want to see how he deals with a few top 6 and some of our rivals before we get a real picture of what he's like). I've even heard some Chelsea fans saying that they should go after him if FF gets the sack.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The praise that GP has gotten has been almost unprecedented (and maybe a bit carried away, full credit to GP and the team but ffs he's had one really good game against a piss poor side in the first week) I've even heard some Chelsea fans saying that they should go after him if FF gets the sack.

I agree. Part of me feels like would could really do with a sh*t performance, and FAST.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So Barnes scores two goals and doesn't make the team ?

Do you know nothing? It’s common knowledge that he’s shithouse and wasn’t even good enough for Brighton in League One. How the hell would he make a PL team of the weak :rolleyes:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Had Maguire made the same pass as Dunk, they would be talking about it for weeks, and how it justified his price tag. As its Dunk, it got a couple mentions. Last seasons pass to Murray for the opener against Palace was a "hopeful punt" according to some. Perhaps they will start to take notice that as well as being a magnificent blocker he is a talented footballer to boot

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Had Maguire made the same pass as Dunk, they would be talking about it for weeks, and how it justified his price tag. As its Dunk, it got a couple mentions. Last seasons pass to Murray for the opener against Palace was a "hopeful punt" according to some. Perhaps they will start to take notice that as well as being a magnificent blocker he is a talented footballer to boot

Come on, taking nothing away from a quite brilliant pass on Saturday, it was still a “hopeful punt” against the Nigellllllls.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Come on, taking nothing away from a quite brilliant pass on Saturday, it was still a “hopeful punt” against the Nigellllllls.

Exactly. Shhhhh! Ahem: "Dunk is a bit rubbish, that man. Nobody apart from 'plucky' Brighton would be particularly interested. Nothing to sea sea seasider, here"

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Dunk is the only player from outside of the top six to make it into the team of the week.

Which is all you need to know.

It's all a bit lazy. Unless a person has watched every match in depth then there's no credence in it.

A lower team who lost may still have had a player who gave a performance head and shoulders above the rest.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex

Nope, nothing to see, not even worth a second thought...move on...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I love a bit of the wordy wizard of ‘funditry’ ... Garth, I am convinced, is the best willing self parody in this universe, if not beyond. For all his anti succinct verbose match analysis faults, I find myself drawn to and mesmerised by his weekly Saturday matinée... more akin to a theatrical colossus than an error strewn yet unstoppable Chris Sutton “I am, therefore I am...” please stop Chris.

I digress ... he loves our Shane and our Lewis too and one does not need to be Morse to see his soft spot for us has nay hardened in the wake of his friends sacking.

His condemnation of the mighty Toon in his latest missive is frankly brilliant and more than likely true.

All power to the Yoda like mystic wisdom of the one pundit who makes me chuckle regardless of our plight or light.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here