Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Ballsmallperson you ageist pig! :wink:

This is weird, twice now I have received a notification that you've replied to my post and twice you haven't! [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]? What's that all about?

My reply keeps including the above quote for some reason and I've edited it out a couple of times after posting. Sorry. But otherwise it's been a pretty good day so far.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Almost feel like turning the radio off and all forms of social media until full time ....deep joy if we can win our opening game

SoggyCabbages

Mar 29, 2019
2021 Champions League final is in either Berlin or St. Petersburg, better start looking for good bars and hotels guys.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agreed, 10 men behind the ball please, with Murray isolated on his own up front. No shots on target necessary. We just need to invite the opposition onto us and do our best to grind out a result by not conceding.

If we do concede, then we should make like-for-like substitutions in the final few minutes of the game.

NO WAY!

We need Murray back to defend corners.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Decent first half I thought.

Burn has looked very solid, March and Montoya have over-lapped quite well, and Locadia has looked lively.

We could definitely do with a bit more pace on the break though - as much as I love Gross for his delivery and ability to pick a pass, he has all the pace of a steamroller and expecting him to run with/after the ball is a non-starter. Hopefully we'll see Trossard and Maupay at some point and get a sense of what they'll have to offer.

If any change it should be Maupay/Andone for Murray (the pace you're after) not Trossard for Gross. Gross' decision making and set pieces too valuable.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Almost feel like turning the radio off and all forms of social media until full time ....deep joy if we can win our opening game
How you finding the wind?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Watford are really struggling with our system. It's lovely to see. They don't want to push on too much as we are leaving 3 up, but when we break they look like they're lacking numbers.

It looks like Watford are totally unprepared for the game.

How much of that is down to us trying to take the game to them rather than letting them dictate the pace.
Nah - Watford have been very poor. They were an absolute shambles for the goal - the ball was going out of play when he defender headed it to a Brighton player.

D

Deleted member 2719

Pleased overall. Look so much more positive. Propper looks like a different player, Stephens looking forward most of the time, March excellent too. Poor Duffy looks out of his depth in this style though.

Webster for Duffy before he loses the ball somewhere suicidal, please.

I commented on Propper after the Valencia player saying how fit and sharp he looked and having March, Montoya always available and very wide using every inch of the pitch, long may it continue.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
We're clearly a work in progress but that was quite promising. It's pleasing to see us turn up away from home and actually look to take part in the game. I think it's really important we take something out of the game. We looked similarly promising when we first went to three in the middle under Hughton but teething trouble and some silly mistakes cost us goals and results and we ended up losing confidence and...well, here we are now with Potter instead.

I'm not convinced by the three man defence though. It looks shaky and likely to concede. We're going to take some wallopings this season for sure.

I think it's really important we take something out of this game. I thought

I suppose it will depend upon what the team selection is once the players have become used to the system !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here