Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
HODGSON: ZAHA BEEF WITH BOARD

Confirmation from Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson that Wilfried Zaha will not be leaving Selhurst Park this summer.

“Yes, he's staying, we are pleased about that. He's an important player for the club. We are looking forward to him doing this season, what he's done for the last two seasons, like winning all those penalties” Hodgson said. “He wasn't really in the right frame of mind today, so I sent him home today which is understandable.

“It’s been well documented that he's wanted to leave but it has not worked out for him in that respect. He's a professional and has got a good contract with us. He's very much a player we respect and I believe he respects us.

“We expect him to come back and do what he does and we're looking forward to a season with him again. Everyone here has a good relationship with him. There's not a problem with that.

"His beef is with the chairman and owners of the club because he's wanted to leave and they haven't received the offer that they think is sufficient to allow him to leave.

“He has to come to terms with that, when you sign long term contracts you are expected to honour them and we expect him to do that.

“I don't have any issues with him. Today wasn't the right day so I'm looking forward to seeing him tomorrow and hopefully he'll have come to terms with the fact he's got another season with Crystal Palace.”

Bzz1YYHNRRG6RwdnLsKn_skysports-football-wilfried-zaha_4571846.jpg

"he'll have come to terms with the fact he's got another season with Crystal Palace.”

:lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
LOL. Priced out of a move by the management who deluded themselves about his value............he's not staying by CHOICE, he's being held to his contract.

Cry in a minute, he's going to cry in a minute :laugh::laugh:

Oh, and with VAR there's a good chance he'd have been sent off at the Amex for the stamp as his frustrations at getting owned got the better of him, which I guess accounts for his invisibility at the Stade de Clad game.

I'm already looking forward to 'cry in a minute'

Us in the East might not say much but by jimminy when we do it's bloody good.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I reckon we will get a load more penalties. The stone wall ones he didn’t get last year were scandalous .VAR will be a good introduction to the premier league .

Seriously looking forward to VAR this season. I'm going LARGE on Wilf being the most booked player for the season :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Shambles club. Shambles player. All good for us thanks :)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
From BBC Sport feed:

Terence Ford - Back of the Nest Podcast: Roy Hodgson says Crystal Palace have completed this transfer business for the summer window. On the one side of the coin, this means that Wilfried Zaha stays for the time being, but on the other side, the squad looks unbalanced.

Steve Parish and Director of Football Dougie Freedman have had ample time to find a replacement for Aaron Wan-Bissaka, instead, we are now an injury at full-back away from a crisis.

Furthermore, with the only change to the front line from last season the departure of loanee Michy Batshuayi, the team looks weaker in defence and in attack.

In signing a centre back and two central midfielders arguably, we have strengthened in the only areas that did not need strengthening.

Sounds great!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
From BBC Sport feed:

Terence Ford - Back of the Nest Podcast: Roy Hodgson says Crystal Palace have completed this transfer business for the summer window. On the one side of the coin, this means that Wilfried Zaha stays for the time being, but on the other side, the squad looks unbalanced.

Steve Parish and Director of Football Dougie Freedman have had ample time to find a replacement for Aaron Wan-Bissaka, instead, we are now an injury at full-back away from a crisis.

Furthermore, with the only change to the front line from last season the departure of loanee Michy Batshuayi, the team looks weaker in defence and in attack.

In signing a centre back and two central midfielders arguably, we have strengthened in the only areas that did not need strengthening.

Sounds great!

:clap2: Really good window for us. A total shambles for the twats up the road.

Couldn't get any better

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The only reason he hasn't gone is because nobody is going to pay way over the market value. Not sure why you are so smug about a player who has just handed in a transfer request and doesn't even want to play for you? He certainly can't be "VERY happy" as you were making out earlier in the thread. Will be amusing to see the toys being thrown out of Tumbles pram as the season progresses.
An unhappy Zaha getting stroppier by the match........... oh how lovely.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If Potter had said something like that to Sky he'd have been sacked in a heartbeat.

Not sure about that, but it's a very bizarre release. Strikes me Roy has said a lot there that didn't need to be said!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
One more thing...

Posted at 16:4016:40
Just a reminder...
It's worth pointing out that Premier League clubs can still sell players past today's deadline.

Scottish clubs, England's Leagues One and Two and Europe's top leagues all have a Monday, 2 September deadline.

Spain's La Liga, Italy's Serie A, Germany's Bundesliga and France's Ligue 1 also have transfer deadlines at varying times that day.

That means the likes of Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen and Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba could still be on the move...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The man signed a contract extension 11 months ago.

I assume he walked in got his brother to say 'how much more a week'?

When he got an answer he liked he told Tumble to sign on the dotted.

Why oh why didn't they insist on a buy out clause?
The drongos deserve each other.
Exactly. I said this a year ago. He wanted out then, and when he signed I felt sure he must have got a release clause.

I have no experience of footballer's contracts, but I'm not joking when I say I could do a better job than his agent has, if what's he's said about an 'agreement he could go' is true.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here