Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
So who is our RB if Montoya is injured? Who is going to score 10+ goals if Muzza cannot deliver yet again? We are not at the Withdean in the lower leagues anymore FFS!

Did you even read my post? I said maybe one signing and I expect that to be a striker and a squad player by which I mean a second choice right back. If you expect more than that you will be disappointed.

Also we have spent circa £20m on two players already, in a slow window for every club it’s not like we have done nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it’s

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Oh FFS give it a rest. If we don't bring anybody in for the next week, it doesn't mean we're nailed on for relegation. Even if we don't bring in anyone at all, yes, it increases the chances of going down, but it doesn't make it certain. Nothing makes relegation certain except being X points behind the team in 17th. with only Y points available to win. That won't happen until March at the earliest, and unless or until it does, it's not a certainty. Neither you nor I nor anybody else knows how results will go this season.
Cant see nailed on relegation in your quoted post. Very likely relegation was though. We are very likely to go down as the squad stands. There can surely be no argument over that?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
It appears that Lickers like you just can’t see the gaps in our squad and failings in our recruitment. But they are ****ing obvious. Maybe one day you and your like will join us in the real world space cadet?

You are completely right, I don't know how there are so many people on here who completely dismiss genuine concern about our transfer window... in a thread about the transfer window. If our squad stays how it currently is I would be astonished if we didn't go down, yet it doesn't seem like we're doing anything to improve the gaping gaps with time quickly running out.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Manager tactics.

Part of it yes. Partly players available leading to the approach taken. Are you really that confident that Potter will be that much more successful with them?

I'm hoping but it's a massive gamble based on the dealings this far, one likely to fail I'd say.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Yes! Kind of agree, relegation almost certain if no incomings.

I understand that venting on here helps you exorcise your frustration, but did you know that writing those frustrations and then deleting them has the same psychological effect as when you upload them? The added bonus is when you delete, we don't have to suffer your Annual transfer meltdown.

Stumpy Tim

I don't like, or agree with, this talk of "nailed on relegation". Firstly, there are always teams that do worse than expected and teams that do better - we could easily be in the latter category, and there are plenty in the former. Secondly, our squad isn't anywhere near as bad as people think. Though I certainly think we need two more signings, if we go to Watford with the following team I think we have a chance:

Ryan
Duffy - Dunk - Clarke
Montoya - Stephens - Propper - Bernardo
Gross - Trossard
Murray

We still have AJ, Locadia, Andone, Bissouma, Jose & March as attacking players not in that team too.

So yes, we need players, but let's not underestimate the players we have

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm beginning to think the club is consolidating and does not intend wasting monies. Just hoping Potter can live up to his previous successes...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I dont mind consolidating our position in the PL...but to do that the squad needs to evolve but it isn’t this transfer window ...but i guess we are consolidating our relegation credentials :moo:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I don't like, or agree with, this talk of "nailed on relegation". Firstly, there are always teams that do worse than expected and teams that do better - we could easily be in the latter category, and there are plenty in the former. Secondly, our squad isn't anywhere near as bad as people think. Though I certainly think we need two more signings, if we go to Watford with the following team I think we have a chance:

Ryan
Duffy - Dunk - Clarke
Gross - Trossard
Murray

We still have AJ, Locadia, Andone, Bissouma, Jose & March as attacking players not in that team too.

We won’t play with 3 at the back

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We won’t play with 3 at the back

You might be in for a bit of a shock, perhaps starting with today’s fixture!

Potter shifted to 3-at-the-back against Crawley and used the formation many many times in his 6 years at Östersunds.

He sets his system to suit a particular match not to suit any preference he may have over formation.

Last edited:

zefarelly

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm quietly optimistic as well, our squad is nowhere near as bad as many seems to assume . . . .and we still have players who have not been played to their strengths, so we don't really know how good they could be. We do need a proven Murray and Bruno replacement however . . . .either from within the ranks, or a new acquisition. . . .and we have no idea how the teams going to line up formation or tactics wise.

Ryan
Duffy - Dunk - Clarke
Gross - Trossard
Murray

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Keep the faith people. I’ve no doubt that the club is doing everything it can to bring in new players. I’d be extremely surprised if we don’t see two or three new faces before the season starts.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You are completely right, I don't know how there are so many people on here who completely dismiss genuine concern about our transfer window... in a thread about the transfer window. If our squad stays how it currently is I would be astonished if we didn't go down, yet it doesn't seem like we're doing anything to improve the gaping gaps with time quickly running out.

Thank you. At least I now know there are others out there with similar thoughts. I just don’t get the lack of meaningful recruitment by our club in the positions we need to fill, or the posters who seem incapable of understanding how seriously short of being competitive we are with our current squad.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I understand that venting on here helps you exorcise your frustration, but did you know that writing those frustrations and then deleting them has the same psychological effect as when you upload them? The added bonus is when you delete, we don't have to suffer your Annual transfer meltdown.

I am sorry if my realism and nous offends your club-can-do-no-wrong sensibility, but I will not hold back on saying what I believe. Sorry in advance [emoji52]...

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Honestly, I’m staggered we still haven’t signed a striker. It’s been 3 seasons in the Prem now where we’ve had to rely on Murray up front.

Even Newcastle have been better then us in the market.

Why are we scrimping and saving? We’re a premiership club, it’s time to act like one.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Ryan
Duffy - Dunk - Clarke
Gross - Trossard
Murray

Shame Izzy and Biss are unlikely to feature for some time, but I get your point. I am not slagging off the players we already have. But the Prem gets stronger every season and, as things stand, we are weaker in terms of squad than last season...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Honestly, I’m staggered we still haven’t signed a striker. It’s been 3 seasons in the Prem now where we’ve had to rely on Murray up front.

Why are we scrimping and saving? We’re a premiership club, it’s time to act like one.

Yes! Great post.

zefarelly

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Whilst I don't like using the word Newcastle in anything BHA related, the inescapable fact is we haven't signed a decent top flight striker anywhere near his prime for decades.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here