Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kazenga Lua Lua: post-Albion

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Everyone forgetting Izquierdo's 5 goals and 4 assists from only 23 starts the season before last? One dimensional maybe, but too good to stop at times. Far more effective and more end product than Lua Lua, even when he was fit.

Izzy is like Lua Lua but with a football brain.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A brain that is wired only to cut inside and shoot? Maybe that's why we sold Knocky as we only need one of them in the team.

He does favour the old cut-in, but he scored the best goal I’ve seen us score in the PL after a brilliant move, and he crossed from the byline for Groß to score when we beat Man Utd. He’s more than a one trick pony IMO.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I am not saying that he would be any good in the Prem and his injury issues certainly put a stop to that chance, but we know that Izquierdo isn't up to the Prem either.

"We know" I guess you mean you think ? Or in your opinion.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Kaz generally lost his place through injury but from what I have seen of Izquierdo he has struggled in the Prem apart from the one wonder goal. As I said at least Kaz could use his left foot and wasn't as one dimensional as Izy but i's all about opinions. I have a feeling we wont see Izquierdo play for the first team again but time will decide that one.

One? Three at least, maybe four if you include the one away at Palace.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Lua Lua proved several times that he had plenty of end product.
That boy has one hell of a shot on him.

Don't disagree that Izzy was superb the season before last though.

One hell of a shot that after a quick search, only totalled 1 goal every 9 games for us between League 1 and the Championship :shrug:

I don't mean to say that he wasn't a good player for us, and that without injuries he might have been able to play Premier League football, but just trying to point out Izquierdo's stats against Kaz's and there's not much of argument there for those say he is/was better than Izzy.

He was a big miss for us last season, including when he was playing as he clearly shouldn't have been. Hopefully back to full fitness for the 2nd half of the season!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
You must have been hallucinating. It was exciting believing that he would be better than he was, and believing there was always more to come. But our hopes never really materialised.

We was terrific at the start ... all the way up to his serious knee injury. Didn't quite have the same acceleration or ability to turn sharply after that. Hoping he can continue to adapt his game to get himself back on track

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We was terrific at the start ... all the way up to his serious knee injury. Didn't quite have the same acceleration or ability to turn sharply after that. Hoping he can continue to adapt his game to get himself back on track

I feel that he is very one dimensional and always trying for the cut in and shot from 30 yards. We will see if he can make a return from injury and adapt to a more intricate style of football. I hope he can.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Another day another goal.

Hopefully we’ll be seeing him in the Premier League soon!

Well done Kaz![emoji106]

Errr no, no we won't. Don't get me wrong, l loved watching Kaz terrorise opposition defenders back in the day. He was geat at League One level, and he was pretty effective at times in the Championship too. But any hopes he may have had of making it as a Premier Lerague footballer, disappeared with his injury.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I feel that he is very one dimensional and always trying for the cut in and shot from 30 yards. We will see if he can make a return from injury and adapt to a more intricate style of football. I hope he can.
That description sounds more like izquierdo than kazenga to me

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Errr no, no we won't. Don't get me wrong, l loved watching Kaz terrorise opposition defenders back in the day. He was geat at League One level, and he was pretty effective at times in the Championship too. But any hopes he may have had of making it as a Premier Lerague footballer, disappeared with his injury.

Errrr, you, err make out if errr, this is eerrmm fact, very err silly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here