Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I want stripes back

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Exactly! It's an unlucky kit. Get rid.

If after 2 days when the thread was posted it had 34,000 yes get rid of votes or comments the club might actually take notice....

somehow on post count 21 and only 11 of those actually declaring they want to ditch it, it's hardly overwhelming hatred.

I am gonna stick my neck out here....

I think the club will stick with it.....

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yep. Thought that when they first released it. It's a ******* child of the 1983 relegation kit and the 1984 Phoenix Brewery one. I know nostalgia can be a powerful thing but when everybody spunked their load over it on here I was surprised. Why would we want to ditch the stripes in favour of an old kit from the 80s that we were relegated in? I thought it was a bad portent then and still think so now.

Coupled to the fact is it appallingly executed. :rant:

Bukta to rise from the Ashes at Christmas and we'll be top 10 by easter. :cool:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Think you might want to retract that. The cup final money went to the players whose cup bonuses compensated for lower wages

:lolol:

Have you not followed the ongoing mythical saga. It's still behind someone's sofa.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yeah, but I would be worried by accusing the “treasurer” of being complicit in some dodgy dealing.

Lighten up, it's an ongoing joke perpetrated by an originally mistaken thought that somehow the cup run made the club cash rich.

*For the purposes of clarification, it is widely known that there was no dishonesty on the Albion's part where the money from the cup run was concerned and any references to its absence in the modern age are merely parodies of the ignorance of the time*

[MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] Please delete post 11 if it could in any way be perceived as an actual allegation rather than part of the usual cup final money humour.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yeah, but I would be worried by accusing the “treasurer” of being complicit in some dodgy dealing.

Dear me, it's a running joke FFS. No need to delete or amend anything.

Back on track, I really like the new home kit but I do worry about the omens associated with it, even though that is totally irrational and unscientific. I was with my daughter in Churchill Square yesterday. We walked past the Albion shop and came out the other side, the East door. From there you can see the massive painted building number 79-83 on a wall (it is huge). Not great when you've just seen that kit :lolol:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I did really like the kit when it first came out. But for some reason it is starting to grate on me. I think the superstition is getting to me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I didn’t realise that we were playing at home against WBA and got my dodgy stream a minute or so after kick off. I thought we were playing in yellow for half a minute :rolleyes:

I’m in the “bin the relegation kit” camp

Hopefully stripes will be back next season in the Championship :wink:

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
It just reminds me of a fat pisshead in a headband, wellingtons, and with the turning circle of a Corporation bus...
." too big to return to Brighton" , after a couple of emergency cover games in Spain"
Shithouse strip....not for me.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Love the kit, don't like the way the team played against West Brom in the 2nd half.

As for the rest of the season, let's see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here