Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno causing problems ... oh yes he is...

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Bruno involved in hospital disturbance

Troubled ex-boxer Frank Bruno has been involved in a disturbance at the psychiatric hospital where he is staying.

Police were called to Goodmayes Hospital in Ilford, Essex, where the former world heavyweight champion is being treated.

Bruno was sectioned under the Mental Health Act on Monday evening after police and health workers visited his Essex mansion.

A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said: "Police were called to Goodmayes Hospital in Ilford following a disturbance involving a male patient.

"Officers attended and the matter was resolved. No-one was injured or arrested."

It also emerged today that Bruno, 41, was spotted wandering the streets of Liverpool just 48 hours before he was sectioned.

Residents in the Walton area of the city were amazed when Bruno started knocking on doors on Saturday, saying he was looking for an old friend.

He then stopped and chatted with a small crowd who gathered to meet the sporting hero, and happily posed for pictures.

Marie Rigby, 36, said: "I saw a Bentley parked at the end of the road at about 2pm on Saturday and thought it was strange. It's not the sort of thing you see around Walton.

"A friend came and told me Frank Bruno was in the street, so we went out to meet him. He seemed absolutely fine, and there were no signs of him being ill, although I suppose we weren't really looking for that. He was great fun and happy to chat and have his picture taken. He had his picture taken with my son Thomas, who's four, and his friend Carl. He got a bit of a hero's welcome and we all just wish him all the very best."

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Safer walking around the streets in the afternoon, that driving his four-wheel drive jeep, like some other boxer.

What paper is this report in?

When can you can be locked up for walking around the streets of Britain? I know things were getting bad, but .....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here