Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] I don't usually praise Co-Op, but...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
My nearest convenience shop is a coop and think it's great. Doesn't have the stock issues someone mentioned earlier but definitely does have narrow aisles. Thankfully I'm not lardy so not an issue for me.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
And their till system.. and their queuing system! Just never seems to work, and how can they refurbish, redesign - and still make it worse?? Every time.

Love them though and [MENTION=139]Jam The Man[/MENTION] is right, those salt & vinegar crips are fantastic.
Waitrose wins the award hands down for the most badly designed auto-checkout. The 'bagging area' is to the left of the scanner on the same size you put your basket and is about 6 inches square. Your only choice is to pile your purchases up vertically.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
the co-op at fiveways is so, so shit.

I moved to that area from Kemp Town and thought the minuscule one there was bad but christ alive, you wouldn't even be able to get a cat in there to ATTEMPT to swing it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
the co-op at fiveways is so, so shit.

Certainly is. Narrowest aisles of any shop anywhere ever. Surprised there's been no Argus reports of fatties wedged in the aisles having to be released by the emergency services. And no chance of doubling back down an aisle if you realuse you forgot something, else customer gridlock would promptly ensue.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Certainly is. Narrowest aisles of any shop anywhere ever. Surprised there's been no Argus reports of fatties wedged in the aisles having to be released by the emergency services.

you physically can't fit two normal sized people in the same aisle at the same time- so yeh wouldn't be surprised if a tubby funster got wedged

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Certainly is. Narrowest aisles of any shop anywhere ever. Surprised there's been no Argus reports of fatties wedged in the aisles having to be released by the emergency services.

Shirley that title has to go to the shop next to Brighton Train Station.
There's aisles in there that can't be walked down unless side on.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Co -Op is EASILY the best one to shoplift from as the staff are easily distracted by shiny objects and coarse language.

Waitrose can be quite good but the staff are so nice one must steel oneself before thieving there.

I think I saw a shoplifter today. Just as my bus turned into London Rd, I saw a geezer with two four-packs clutched to his chest, looking round furtively and shifting himself down Oxford Rd. I note there's a gathering of crusties on The Level, maybe because of BH's advice.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Certainly is. Narrowest aisles of any shop anywhere ever. Surprised there's been no Argus reports of fatties wedged in the aisles having to be released by the emergency services. And no chance of doubling back down an aisle if you realuse you forgot something, else customer gridlock would promptly ensue.

I'm amazed they haven't done anything about it yet. I avoid at all costs. I would rather get in the car and drive to the Sainsbury's at Preston Park..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here