Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Frank Lampard's Derby Cup game - East Stand Upper + West Stand Upper OPEN

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't want the club to lose money unnecessarily. I do think the club has been over-cautious (again), and that ESU could - and should - have been on sale on day one with zero risk.

That's the v last word I'm writing about it. Probably.

I just saw you slam the door, and then open it and then slowly peep back round :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I do understand that and can see both sides.

The underlying issue though is there seems to be a feeling in our support now that the club shouldn't be penny pinching in this way anymore given the size of the tv income. However PB clearly thinks he still needs to and by doing so maximises profits (or minimises losses) which is his job. At the end of day it's not our money, it's Tony Bloom's and we can't argue with the very decent prices for this game either.

As recent games have shown we are not yet certain to be in this league next season and therefore the club has to continue to run the business prudently where it can.

For what it's worth I agree that they should have opened the whole ground from day one and was very surprised they didn't, however I am struck by and admire the general cautious approach that they are still taking to running the club.

Don't get me started on the idea of a warm weather training break though.... (them and us).

So why was the whole ground opened from the off for the Palace cup game, a mere 13 months ago, when any fan, including many on here, could have told you that game had all the appeal of a "Learn to clap with Wilfried Zaha" all-day training course?

Attendance: 14,507

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So why was the whole ground opened from the off for the Palace cup game, a mere 13 months ago, when any fan, including many on here, could have told you that game had all the appeal of a "Learn to clap with Wilfried Zaha" all-day training course?

Attendance: 14,507

Maybe that was the game where they had said, lets just open the ground so regardless of the crowd size, people can sit where they want. It was then also the game that the balance sheet came through after, and someone said 'we're not doing that again!'.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Maybe that was the game where they had said, lets just open the ground so regardless of the crowd size, people can sit where they want. It was then also the game that the balance sheet came through after, and someone said 'we're not doing that again!'.

Maybe it was but it was a massive misjudgement. Monday night, on tv and most people were pissed off with palace after their pyrotechnics and shenanigans at the game. It was completely predictable as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] stated, had they just taken a few opinions from fans they would have realised that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Maybe it was but it was a massive misjudgement. Monday night, on tv and most people were pissed off with palace after their pyrotechnics and shenanigans at the game. It was completely predictable as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] stated, had they just taken a few opinions from fans they would have realised that.

But that's what I'm saying, like I think [MENTION=5208]drew[/MENTION] was suggesting that the club do, in that maybe the club knew it was going to be around 15k but just thought it was a free hit so they'd open the whole ground anyway. It was only after once all the costs were in that they realised they really couldn't make that mistake again. Maybe it was TB told PB he couldn't and shouldn't make that mistake again!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My ST. Seat is in WSL and I like it very much. Being close to the pitch and seeing the players up close is good but I know it’s not my seat for cup games. I enjoy the chance to go somewhere else. Never been in ESU before so am delighted to get a different view, front row actually. Don’t understand all the angst about not getting “my seat” for cup matches. Enjoy the new view.

This.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I can only imagine what a shit storm it will be if we do get to the later stages of the cup once people realise they may not qualify for a ticket...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I can only imagine what a shit storm it will be if we do get to the later stages of the cup once people realise they may not qualify for a ticket...

Why would people not qualify? Surely being a season ticket holder, which most of our fans are, gives one the most points and first dibs anyway.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Think last year the allocation per team was 28k for the final and 32k for the semi, which is well in excess of our STHs. Beat Derby and get a good draw and we are there!!!!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

I would think a ST holder would automatically qualify for a Semi final ticket regardless of how many cup games they have been to. After all its their money that goes to the club every month not the occasional supporter with 2 ticket stubs...

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Easily have enough tickets for ST holders in first instance if that how they were allocated.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Why would people not qualify? Surely being a season ticket holder, which most of our fans are, gives one the most points and first dibs anyway.

Annnnd there you go so you think a ST holder who hasnt gone to any of the FA cup games gets precidence over those that have? hmmmm. I have also seen this play out in the past not just for the Albion but for clubs that my family members support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here