Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Summer selling/release list

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think the following will either be sold or loaned out for a season (if we go down):

Ryan
Montoya
Duffy
Izquierdo
Locadia
Ali J
Gross
Propper

I would hope that if we are in the Championship we see more of Molumby, Sanders, Gyokeres, Walton, Cox and Tau. However I guess the goal would be top 6, which means pressure for whoever the Manager is, which means the youngsters may not be given a chance.

Which then begs the question, why have we paid out for Ashworth to come join us, if we're not going to blood youngsters? We have one of the best U23 teams in the Country, we should start using them next season.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think the following will either be sold or loaned out for a season (if we go down):

Ryan
Montoya
Duffy
Izquierdo
Locadia
Ali J
Gross
Propper

I would hope that if we are in the Championship we see more of Molumby, Sanders, Gyokeres, Walton, Cox and Tau. However I guess the goal would be top 6, which means pressure for whoever the Manager is, which means the youngsters may not be given a chance.

Which then begs the question, why have we paid out for Ashworth to come join us, if we're not going to blood youngsters? We have one of the best U23 teams in the Country, we should start using them next season.

From your list,I think there is a decent player in Ali J,and Duffy maybe.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ali J I think is better than we've seen, there's been glimpses. He's a number 10 imho not a semi defensive winger. Locadia, fully agree, he's crap

As has been so often the case over the years, we have played players out of their true positions, Jahanbaksh was leading scorer in the Eridvisie last season scoring a hatful of goals, do we play him as a striker? no of course not, we play him out on the wing where he can do less damage. No one seems to know what Locadia's best position is, so far he has played as a target man, as a number ten, and like his Iranian colleague out wide.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Propper
Ali G
Stephens
Izquierdo
Bong
Button
Steele

Won't be able to shift Locadia or Knockaert but they should both be off as well.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Ryan
Montoya
Duffy
Izquierdo
Locadia
Ali J
Gross
Propper

That should see us safely in League One by next Easter.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With the transfer window still open to europe and league 1/2 then there could still be a few more outs.

Locadia 2.0 - Fenebahce - gone very quiet.

Alireza - loan out could happen ? ???

Balogun - why he stays is a mystery. Further away than 'nowhere near' the team. Unless he wants to run down his contract and pocket a signing on fee elsewhere in the summer. Băluţă could easily be 5th pick CB.

Sanders - thought he would have already gone on loan ? Maybe staying ?

Ahannach - over 21 and nowhere near the team. Surely at least he'll go to USG on loan ?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
With the transfer window still open to europe and league 1/2 then there could still be a few more outs.

Locadia 2.0 - Fenebahce - gone very quiet.

Alireza - loan out could happen ? ???

Balogun - why he stays is a mystery. Further away than 'nowhere near' the team. Unless he wants to run down his contract and pocket a signing on fee elsewhere in the summer. Băluţă could easily be 5th pick CB.

Sanders - thought he would have already gone on loan ? Maybe staying ?

Ahannach - over 21 and nowhere near the team. Surely at least he'll go to USG on loan ?

You’d think Ahannach will go- he’s training with the first team seems miles off.
Locadia offers us some different up front, whatever his biggest detractors say- Potter has already mentioned this post Watford. Alzate feels slightly ahead of Sanders but with Kayal gone and without knowing what Potters plans for Baluta are (ball playing CB?) you’d think he’d benefit most from a loan. One of them anyway. Balogun needs to be around as we play three at the back and our two most highly rated young CBs are on loan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
You’d think Ahannach will go- he’s training with the first team seems miles off.
Locadia offers us some different up front, whatever his biggest detractors say- Potter has already mentioned this post Watford. Alzate feels slightly ahead of Sanders but with Kayal gone and without knowing what Potters plans for Baluta are (ball playing CB?) you’d think he’d benefit most from a loan. One of them anyway. Balogun needs to be around as we play three at the back and our two most highly rated young CBs are on loan.

All those players have probably been told they’re first choice for the League Cup team/squad?

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Ahannach looked out of his depth against Crawley with the U23s. Probably struggling to find anyone to take him on loan on that showing

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
All those players have probably been told they’re first choice for the League Cup team/squad?

Perhaps yeah. Not necessarily a glowing endorsement of their first team chances from the boss though.
I’m not writing any player off, but players need more than the odd run out against league two oppo, both young players for their development, and older players for form and general morale. We’re quite clearly seeing Potters preferred team and squad, and we’re also seeing that he makes changes. So people get a chance, but that also means that those not featuring seem even further away...

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
The answer to your question is yes I do and I think the exact opposite I would release Kayal to a Championship side prepared to pay £500k or hopefully £1m. Kayal is way behind Stephens and Propper in ability and effectiveness and has been since we got promoted from The Championship.

The midfield is weak because of the loss of Gross for many games.

Despite what some on here might say, turns out BG knows what he’s talking about sometimes [emoji846].

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm still surprised that Sanders hasn't gone on loan.

Bolton, at least, must be looking for players now ? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here