Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is well OTT. He made one stupid challenge, showing his frustration with the way things were going. A red card and three match ban should be the end of it. At Watford last season I was a few yards away when he was almost cut in half by just as bad a tackle. He had a poor match and we were never going to recover, even at 1-0 down IMO.

And he was sent off at 2-0, as Bmuff were toying with awfully outclassed opponents.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is well OTT. He made one stupid challenge, showing his frustration with the way things were going. A red card and three match ban should be the end of it. At Watford last season I was a few yards away when he was almost cut in half by just as bad a tackle. He had a poor match and we were never going to recover, even at 1-0 down IMO.

Well, one stupid one since the one he luckily got away with at Palace a couple of weeks ago.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was a few yards away from the Everton tackle and was embarrassed. Very very lucky not to get a red card at Palace too.

That's three occasions where he made tackles that could have resulted in another player out for a long time. I was also at Watford and saw it first hand. You'd think he'd understand.

Needs to sort himself out. Does that again and I suspect he will be looking for another club.

He can recover but I've filed him as liability at the moment.

Last edited:

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Inexcusable behaviour given our current situation. It's basically just the same as saying he wants nothing more to do with it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No defending what he did there. Could have ended the chaps career.
I didn't realise it was that bad, I thought he clipped the trailing leg (obviously still a daft foul, but I didn't realise it could have been career ending).

Has someone got a clip of it?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Knockaert is inconsistent and I suspect it's to do with his personal issues, but I do agree he has done more than Ali J. He needs to be taken to one side and encouraged for his positive side and dealt with about his not so positive side.

That would/should be the job of the Captain. But suspect that, without Bruno, we have no one in that role and that's the key factor (IMO) that we are really missing. AK is just the most visible example of how we are lacking #together this season and the very obvious impact of that.

For me, ahead of a striker or an CM, we need a leader on the pitch. The rest of the team are good enough to keep us safe in the PL when playing at their potential (as per last season) but lack team spirit.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Before the STUPIDITY this weekend I was beginning to think on a football basis that he maybe just isn't cut out for the prem. There are moments of sheer brilliance but prem defenders don't fall for the constant chopping back and forth. I always look to the strikers when AK has the ball and they go MAD as they are wondering "I wonder when he will actually cross it".

However, the part which frustrates me even more (and this is no fault of his own) is that, ACTUALLY, he is deceptively slow. It's bizarre because the way he plays would give the impression he is this nippy winger but he really isn't. That's half the reason he always cuts back in, he can't beat the guy for pace.

In the Championship this is balanced out by his trickery, but in the prem it simply doesn't work.

The guy is a hero for that promotion season but I do feel (even before the HORRENDOUS 'tackle' on Saturday) that this summer may be a parting of the ways. He is in NO WAY a bad player, but his negative attributes have really been highlighted recently and he's been figured out.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Quite. If we're going to dump Knocky from the squad for his rush of blood, then we should also get rid of Duffy and Andone. If anything, Duffy's red was far less forgiveable as it was so early in the game and could've jeopordised our winning position against our bitter rivals.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
For those who haven't seen it, this is from this week's "10 stories from the Premier League" segment

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/apr/15/premier-league-talking-points-weekend-action

Reckless Knockaert slumps from hero to zero
Quite what was going through Anthony Knockaert’s head when he took out Adam Smith on Saturday only the Frenchman will know. But having already given away the ball to allow free‑flowing Bournemouth to double their lead on Saturday, the tackle capped a disastrous few minutes for the player who scored the winning goal at Selhurst Park a few weeks ago as Brighton completed their first league double over bitter rivals Crystal Palace in 35 years. Knockaert will now miss their important showdown with Cardiff on Tuesday as well as the meetings with Wolves and Tottenham as Chris Hughton’s side battle for survival in a season where they have reached the FA Cup semi-final for the second time in their history. A draw should be enough to hold off Neil Warnock’s side but Knockaert will be hoping they are already safe by the time he returns against Newcastle on 27 April.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Quite. If we're going to dump Knocky from the squad for his rush of blood, then we should also get rid of Duffy and Andone. If anything, Duffy's red was far less forgiveable as it was so early in the game and could've jeopordised our winning position against our bitter rivals.

Knockaert is our most sent off player in the Premier League though and his red card on Saturday was similar to his one at Everton last season. This tells me that he hasn't learnt and that is what will bother Hughton

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
and if we're getting rid of Duffy, presumably City are getting rid of Walker for a similar head push against Ali J. And obviously we'll get rid of Stephens too, he's capable of a daft challenge here and there.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
and if we're getting rid of Duffy, presumably City are getting rid of Walker for a similar head push against Ali J. And obviously we'll get rid of Stephens too, he's capable of a daft challenge here and there.

Dunk, Bruno and Propper as well.

Finally Falmer

Jul 18, 2010
Whenever I talk to fans of other teams, the one player of ours that seems to be universally disliked is Knockaert. The response as to why, is usually either, a dirty player or a diver. Unfortunately, after this latest episode, I can't defend him any longer, and will happily admit that he's a horrible little shit. Scores the odd cracker though, so swings & roundabouts.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here