Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Walker should have been sent off. Can we appeal the attrocious var decision?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
nobodyrealozed why they appeared to play badly.....we stopped them playing...doh

There is a large element of this, but they also didn't need to play well.

They played just well enough to win, which was their game plan. Considering the early goal that set the tome for the final 85 minutes.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I sat next to a very nice gentleman from Horsham, called Terry, whose first Albion game was in 1948.
Very knowledgeable about the club, not blinkered to the fact of who we really are.
Come out with some great facts about our club.
Some of the younger fans could take note from his wisdom.

I hope you punched him up the throat.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
How did the stadium noise come across on TV.
Gotta say I thought it was pretty shite in the ground.
To me the sound just didn't carry even around our bit, although I could sense we were loud.

Very odd.

Apart a couple of short renditions of Bluemoon late in the 2nd half all I could hear was Albion fans. Even Guy Mowberey and Clive Allen commented on the fantastic support from our fans. Well done all that were there. Did the team proud.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
They left with 10 mins to go if it helps.

I am here at Boxpark
literally with bruised hands & barely able to speak from ****ing screaming all game.

**** off.

Did the Blazing Squad go home with black eyes and nose bleeds?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Just home now.

Immensely proud of the boys and all the fans.
Staying to the end to sing and cheer the boys off.

Some day out.

Hope the players and staff have got the bug now and will push on for more glory days.
Let's not leave it another 36 years to get to wembley eh?

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I sat next to a very nice gentleman from Horsham, called Terry, whose first Albion game was in 1948.
Very knowledgeable about the club, not blinkered to the fact of who we really are.
Come out with some great facts about our club.
Some of the younger fans could take note from his wisdom.
Ha 1-0 to the boy Stat.

I was stood behind a Smirnoff Ice swilling MILF very keen on expressive hand gestures.
Considerably more warming than a cup of Bovril.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought at you're age, it might have been a GILF!
Haha 1 - 1

Nah she was all MILF

I'm just a filthy creep, who's day was pleasantly improved.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Got home an hour ago. Haven't the energy to see the bitching going on but I was ****ing proud of our team and our fans today. We had them rattled, Pep going mad on the sidelines and forced Man City into one of their worst performances of the season. Don't care what the pundits say, we made the play poorly, especially when we got at them in the second half.

Said the other night after the Chelsea game that I was not looking forward to today and just wanted us to turn up. Today, in my opinion we did and we did and we scared one of the best teams in the world.

Night, night. Much love to all

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
I showed my class and gave him respect, as to punch up the throat, I'm reserving that for Mrs Brown's Boys, which has just appeared on the TV.
:shootself:

Luckily I was at Wembley long enough to miss the aforementioned fec*1ng excuse of a programme and managed to resist the temptation to watch it on f*ckup/ketchup/catchup.....

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Back home and catching up on all the reports. I'm sure it's already been mentioned here but I'm proud of the club as a whole today. At full time you would have thought we were the winners. The players took their plaudits and we pretty much all stayed back to show them our approval, which we did very loudly. By the time our last player Stephens (I think) headed off the pitch City had already cleared off along with half their fans.

I'm not meaning to be disrespectful to City supporters. I gather that the final will be their 17th Wembley appearance in nine seasons. It has to become a little routine at that stage. It simply can't mean as much to them as it does to us.

Properly proud. So pleased my daughter, who started the Albion ride during the Withdean years, was there with me to see it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Luckily I was at Wembley long enough to miss the aforementioned fec*1ng excuse of a programme and managed to resist the temptation to watch it on f*ckup/ketchup/catchup.....

You're the lucky one, I got home, turned the TV on to Mrs Browns Boys :eek:

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Got home an hour ago. Haven't the energy to see the bitching going on but I was ****ing proud of our team and our fans today. We had them rattled, Pep going mad on the sidelines and forced Man City into one of their worst performances of the season. Don't care what the pundits say, we made the play poorly, especially when we got at them in the second half.

Said the other night after the Chelsea game that I was not looking forward to today and just wanted us to turn up. Today, in my opinion we did and we did and we scared one of the best teams in the world.

Night, night. Much love to all

95% of posts positive, almost everyone proud of the players, CH and the fans.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought we did really well today, could have been blown out the water after their early goal but hung in. We had a really positive spell early in the first half but their quality is just too good.

I really hope we do not have to wait 36 yeats for another crack at trying to get to an FA Cup Final

Invicta

Nov 1, 2013
Kent
95% of posts positive, almost everyone proud of the players, CH and the fans.

Rightly so, let's stay positive and get the points needed to stay up. No need for bitching or picking to find faults at this stage of the season. UTA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here