Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Summer selling/release list

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
looks like most think Gross.Propper.Bissouma.Stevens,Murray,Androne,Knockhaert,March are still the answer. Some have to go if want to avoid another season fighting for 17th place
and hopefully not another season of trying to stay in game

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Let go (sold, loaned, released)
Bruno
Bong
Kayal
Knockaert
Locadia (loan if poss)

Replacements must all be good enough to immediately improve the first team and therefore reduce some current starters to squad players.
We need to make better use of the loan system. Zero in on loan is a surprise.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If we go down, then I imagine some agents will be looking to move Propper, Izquierdo, Gross, Locadia, Ali J and Bissouma on anyway. So that would solve a few problems.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Let go (sold, loaned, released)
Bruno
Bong
Kayal
Knockaert
Locadia (loan if poss)

Replacements must all be good enough to immediately improve the first team and therefore reduce some current starters to squad players.
We need to make better use of the loan system. Zero in on loan is a surprise.

I still rate and like Knockaert, but I think I’m in a NSC minority of one.

Our problems like in CM.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Two.

I rate him, but he needs to be let off the lead. We all know what he can do when he's given freedom to run at defences and even shoot. We've seen it.

Three.

And Kayal. Love Bezza. Animal. As is Andone. Made of crisps but crips made from genetically engineered potatoes. The negativity on here sometimes is 51% as negative as it should be.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
is this a serious post? Why would we get rid of Stephens and Murray? pretty sure AJ will have more time to prove himself also.

This.

Murray is only costing us his salary, and has just scored 11 PL goals that are keeping us up. He may be approaching the end of top flight career, but why get rid prematurely?

Stephens is still our best ‘sitter’ in CM.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Who goes largely depends on who we get in, or at least try to get in. And although some of us have ideas about where the club should be aiming to recruit, none of us have any idea what the club's view is.

But yes, certainly it is inevitable that some of our favourite - even our best - players are likely to be eased out of the door to be replaced by someone (hopefully) even better; that's progress. I don't see the point of speculating who's for the chop at this critical stage of the season.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
cut our losses, lose the plastics.
just keep those that have lived the pain and glory and understand the ups and downs of Brighton and Hove Albion.

Just this. Anyone who starts a bed wetting thread should get a ban from NSC and the Amex.

We currently sit 3 points above in our staying up tracker with several sides below their expected target at present. The nature of not being in the top 6 means we are only ever a couple of bad results away from a relegation battle. Look at West Brom, Stoke and Swansea all had established themselves in the premier league and hit poor form and couldn't recover. We will continue to battle relegation for a few more years

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
cut our losses, lose the plastics.
just keep those that have lived the pain and glory and understand the ups and downs of Brighton and Hove Albion.

Do you mean bring back Kerry Mayo and Adam el-Abd?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gave up reading the thread after seeing posters were suggesting Stephens, Murray and Locadia, WTF? We have too many fans supporting the wrong team and looking forward to decades of anguish if they think these players aren’t good enough for Brighton.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Two.

I rate him, but he needs to be let off the lead. We all know what he can do when he's given freedom to run at defences and even shoot. We've seen it.

But his decision making when he is doing that is shocking. He rarely looks up and finds a pass, just keeps going until he loses the ball (most times). He's about as effective as the Bissouma shot from distance. Spectacular and memorable when it happens, but so, so rare.

PS I love watching him play but he must be so frustrating to play alongside.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Gave up reading the thread after seeing posters were suggesting Stephens, Murray and Locadia, WTF? We have too many fans supporting the wrong team and looking forward to decades of anguish if they think these players aren’t good enough for Brighton.

If you knew how dangerously stupid most fans of most clubs are, you'd never sit comfortably again amongst the thousands at the Amex.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I agree to a point, but in terms of the recent signings at which point do you cut your losses and off-load.

I’m thinking specifically about Locadia and AJ. Not saying they won’t improve, just feel they have shown only glimpses of talent and no consistency at all.....

This isn’t about being played out of position, it’s about the formation we play and whether they fit. If they don’t wouldn’t you recoup something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I agree to a point, but in terms of the recent signings at which point do you cut your losses and off-load.

I’m thinking specifically about Locadia and AJ. Not saying they won’t improve, just feel they have shown only glimpses of talent and no consistency at all.....

This isn’t about being played out of position, it’s about the formation we play and whether they fit. If they don’t wouldn’t you recoup something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get angry now when fans doubt Locadia, I think he is a class player :shrug:

AJ has yet to convince me but willing to give him more time

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I get angry now when fans doubt Locadia, I think he is a class player :shrug:

AJ has yet to convince me but willing to give him more time

Don't be angry :)

All opinions - I'm not sure, done little to convince me so far, played well for a spell (but looks to offload all the time when wide), then faded form wise (looked good vs Stains when he came on and obviously excelled against Millwall). Probably most comfortable in a different formation.

However, whether he is good enough or not in either of our opinions, the fact is Chris Hughton doesn't seem to fancy him as he's not getting many games, so on that basis should we recoup the money?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here