Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Am giving this a go after enjoying the first series but then fallen out of love with it as it got more procedural, conspiratorial and totally humourless, with characters speaking like robots. But, I guess you've got to just go with it and I admit/confess that I enjoyed the first of the new series. I just hope it doesn't disappear up its own backside. I'm not yet a total convert but we'll see...……….

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Watched this for the first time ever yesterday on catch up. No watching prior series etc. Thought it was excellent. Whilst i'm sure it would be useful to know the full back story, it was not essential in order to enjoy the first episode of this series. If that's not a sign of great writing, i'm not sure what is.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Am giving this a go after enjoying the first series but then fallen out of love with it as it got more procedural, conspiratorial and totally humourless, with characters speaking like robots. But, I guess you've got to just go with it and I admit/confess that I enjoyed the first of the new series. I just hope it doesn't disappear up its own backside. I'm not yet a total convert but we'll see...……….

You don't like the jargon?

This is a precis of the 1st episode

[tweet]1112687493189636096[/tweet]

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Am giving this a go after enjoying the first series but then fallen out of love with it as it got more procedural, conspiratorial and totally humourless, with characters speaking like robots.

That's unusual. Most people think that Series 2 and 3 are the best ones - mainly because of Keeley Hawes' superb Denton. I agree though that Series 4 was the weakest, but that was still better than most TV series

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s okay. Will benefit from the talents of Stephen Graham I’m sure.
The last series was ridiculous.
Yes, it’s perfectly good entertainment but honestly, have a delve around, there is so much better out there.
I’ve heard it proclaimed “the best drama series of all time” etc.
That’s just lazy opinion, it’s far from the the best but yeah, it’s not bad.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I still think it's one of the best British ones by far, however still way behind many of the Scandi/European cop thrillers which have the tension but manage to maintain credibility and reality also.

Thank heavens for Europe (well in one instance).

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Absolutely love the show, I think the chemistry of Vicky (Oh she's lovely), Martin and Adrian is fantastic. New season started off better than I had hoped, genuinely was surprised when they revealed the UCO at the end.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Absolutely love the show, I think the chemistry of Vicky (Oh she's lovely), Martin and Adrian is fantastic. New season started off better than I had hoped, genuinely was surprised when they revealed the UCO at the end.

I like the fact that Kate got her promotion between seasons, and Steve had to call her Maam

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Excellent tonight.

No idea whether the rogue undercover cop is actually still undercover or not.

But the photo will surely be revealed as the caddy. ???

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Hanging on in there. Am gradually realising that the (well, my) problem with this is that the characters are all simply plot devices: because the plot requires them to be - or requires the viewer to think they might be - phoney, you can't really believe in any of them. So you don't really care too much what happens to them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hanging on in there. Am gradually realising that the (well, my) problem with this is that the characters are all simply plot devices: because the plot requires them to be - or requires the viewer to think they might be - phoney, you can't really believe in any of them. So you don't really care too much what happens to them.
I do! I will be absolutely gutted if Hastings turns out to be bent.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I do! I will be absolutely gutted if Hastings turns out to be bent.

If he is he’s not doing a very good job of it, seems to be skint and living in a pretty depressing flat, not what you’d expect of a high level bent cop imo.

Anyway it’s good Sunday night entertainment with holes in the plot but who cares?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here