Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which Albion penalty takers did you not fancy to score?

Which Albion penalty takers did you not fancy to score?

• Total voters

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Have to say that, Murray aside, I thought all the rest hit pretty decent penalties. You have to get them on target and it looked like they picked a spot and hit it, no fannying about or stupid Pogba-esque run ups etc. Credit to Dunk especially for taking the first sudden death pen.

in fact, he only thing that concerns me is why, when Murray was taken off penalty duty earlier in the season, we gave the job to Gross when we've five others that could take a better one!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] can vouch for me not fancying Murray. I also thought Locadia looked like he was absolutely bricking it.

The others were unknown quantities, but I can't recall thinking "he's going to miss this" with any of them.

Ditto. Glad Locadia proved me wrong.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
March for me. Never trust left-footers in penalty shoot-outs, although I accept that is almost certainly entirely unjustified and lacking any shred of evidence.

Also Stephens, although that might have been pessimism after the Ryan save that we'd still balls it up.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Stephens .... just not sure on his shooting let alone when under extreme pressure , I know easy to say now as his was the dodgy one that nearly was not scored but was a gut feeling at the time.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
March for me. Never trust left-footers in penalty shoot-outs, although I accept that is almost certainly entirely unjustified and lacking any shred of evidence.

Also Stephens, although that might have been pessimism after the Ryan save that we'd still balls it up.

Always said exactly the same about left-footers... I think it’s Italia 90 and Pearce/Waddle ingrained in my memory...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I assumed Dunky was just gonna leather it but my word it was perfect!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Thought they were all quite good really, and Murray's was a 'good miss'.

Didn't fancy fancy any of them to score though!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Murray. I actually have never thought he is a very good penalty taker. Would be far happier with Solly. Stephens, Propper or Dunk who all put their foot through it a bit more.

Miserable Les

Jan 17, 2019
Murray. I actually have never thought he is a very good penalty taker. Would be far happier with Solly. Stephens, Propper or Dunk who all put their foot through it a bit more.

Agreed. Murray has hit a few too high in trying to go for the postage stamp. In % terms those who drill it low and hard (oo-err) give me more confidence.

Jimmy Grimble

Christ it’s making me nervous again reading this thread[emoji38]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Based on his record in front of goal.. Propper was the one I thought was going to miss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here