Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Millwall - a father and son thing.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
IMO an interesting read that might be related too, whatever club you support.

Father-son relationships are tricky things. Without the benefit of that maternal instinct, extra effort is often required.

These days it's called 'bonding'. 'Modern men' can read all the magazine articles and watch all the daytime telly they like to make sure the relationship with their son and heir blossoms. But what do you do when you're one of the old school, working 12 hours a day back in the seventies and finding the demands of a young child a hell of a lot more than you bargained for?

I was a little sod in my early years. Dad was from a generation that simply did as their parents told them and he couldn't understand why I was such a handful. As I progressed into my teenage years, our relationship suffered. We disagreed and argued over virtually any subject. It was always a great source of upset to my mum. We simply didn't see eye to eye. Common ground was virtually non-existent.

Conversation was thin on the ground and another argument never far away. This was more than simple father-son growing pains: there were times when it seemed we totally resented one another's very presence.

There was, however, one thing we shared.

Read more>>>>>>>

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So many dad's holding kids and little brats/women giving it large throughout the game, inbreeding scum bags

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So many dad's holding kids and little brats/women giving it large throughout the game, inbreeding scum bags

At Millwall it seems to be the blokes with kids that dish the most abuse out. Absolute animals and they are so proud of it. So many thugs running up in the players faces and the poor lineswoman. Stewards and police doing nothing

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
At Millwall it seems to be the blokes with kids that dish the most abuse out. Absolute animals and they are so proud of it. So many thugs running up in the players faces and the poor lineswoman. Stewards and police doing nothing

Funny you should mention animals, I heard a few fans mention it like being at a zoo!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
On way home a drunk dad with bottle in hand and t shirt with I’m Millwall so f Uck off on it was leading the Harry kills copper song with his group of 14-16 year olds singing along. Which was nice. And so the next generation of scum is bred...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

It was astonishing really. But it also made for a cracking, belting atmosphere

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I think most of you haven't read the op's post. It's to do with a father and sons relationship. There are plenty of Millwall threads. Take your pick.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I think most of you haven't read the op's post. It's to do with a father and sons relationship. There are plenty of Millwall threads. Take your pick.

:thumbsup:
Well said mate, it's a very good read.
I'm really proud of my sons and glad I introduced them to the Albion at an early age.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Nice sentiments nts expressed there. Emotionally unavailable dad takes his brainy son to Millwall. Son enjoysthecameraderie. Dad gets pissed up with his mates.

Now. Son is journo...it’s time to show his working class roots...I know...op-ed piece explaining why the author doesn’t want to talk to his missus sometimes.

He calls it”being a Millwall fan” I call it “being a kid in the 70’s and 80’s”

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Good read
I often wonder how my kids see me sometimes as I took them to there first game at The Goldstone in our last season there against Barnet and all these years later we still go together when we all get the chance.
Been through the shit times with them and now the good times and an FA Cup semi final at Wembley and we all go to the away games and have a good drink like three close mates.
My missus always warns the boys girlfriends that football will take precedence over them and also she gets jealous as my bond with my lads is very strong and that is thanks to football and The Albion
So I can really relate to the story at the top of the thread

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here