Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matchday 16th March

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hartson accuses Sterling of driving then repeats his assertion, so not just carter vickers got a touch on the ball.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Once again the 'big club' gets the dodgy decisions and wins so the bosses are happy they can sell the TV rights and advertising for more money next round ..... if Man City really believed in 'doing the right thing' they would not accept the result and drop out of the competition allowing Swansea to progress.

Daylight robbery is the only reasonable conclusion , firstly no VAR at a stadium that has previously had it just last season and then two rotten decisions by the officials that could not be challenged because of no VAR .... total shambles & Swansea should be compensated for the travesty.

Harsh I know but the odds were stacked against Swansea before a ball was kicked with no VAR ... a very poor choice by the FA

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
More proof it is all just business and not about the sport

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

And the losers are the fools that pay to watch, whether on the tellybox or at the ground. But when you have a passion for the sport it isn't easy to walk away, corrupt or not.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He did dive when you see the replay

And should be banned as per simulation rules, or as I call ****ing cheating wanker rules

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Man City are the epitome of everything that's wrong with modern day football. Even though their riches dwarf those of most other teams in the Premier League, they tried to change the split of revenue from foreign TV rights so they could grab an even bigger slice the cake. The Premier League partially caved in. They have almost certainly cheated in the way they sign players (and will probably get a two year transfer ban imposed by UEFA - not exactly a tough penalty given the squad they already have). And Der Spiegel has dug the dirt on all sorts of dodgy deals to get round FFP rules.
It would be great if Liverpool pipped them to the Premier League title, and they somehow failed to win the Champions League. Unfortunately they have a great chance of winning the FA Cup. Funnily enough we could be in prime position to frustrate their PL and FAC ambitions... :)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Opening comment from the bonzo co-commentating “It’s treacherous conditions out there tonight “ FFS it’s drizzling and the pitch damp but perfectly rolled manicured piece of turf.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Thinking back to that Man City penalty, how it hit the post and then went in off the keeper....under the new rule from next season, would that goal not be allowed to stand as technically it's been missed and then come back in to play?

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Thinking back to that Man City penalty, how it hit the post and then went in off the keeper....under the new rule from next season, would that goal not be allowed to stand as technically it's been missed and then come back in to play?

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

That rule is not being introduced.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There is a rule though. The player that took the kick cannot be the first person to react to a penalty rebound if he was the last person to touch/kick the ball.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There is a rule though. The player that took the kick cannot be the first person to react to a penalty rebound if he was the last person to touch/kick the ball.

The same perhaps as any restart to the game. You can’t touch the ball twice

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

That rule is not being introduced.
Just out of curiousity, does anybody know if that would have counted in a penalty shoot-out?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just out of curiousity, does anybody know if that would have counted in a penalty shoot-out?

Probably. Depends on the ref - a penalty is complete when the ref says it is, and I think it happened so quickly most refs would have let it stand. I imagine only someone like The Complete And Utter Shyster or Hoops calling it dead as soon as it hits the post. I'm sure you've seen the footage of those penalties that hit cross bars, fly up, keeper celebrates, then it comes down and bounces in the goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here