Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] PL March 9th & 10th.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We still have Cardiff, Newcastle, Shampton at home and I think they are all absolutely must wins UNLESS we win a few we are not expected to before the Arsenal and Man City games.

Southampton have a pretty decent set of fixtures, and could well catch us. I think it's all about Cardiff now.

If we beat Cardiff it will mean they'll need 8 points from their other 7 games to catch us. Their fixtures are not encouraging for them. Their 'easiest' games are Burnley & Fulham away, and Palace at home. So, even if they win all three of them, the chances are we'll only need one other point from somewhere. The Cardiff game is pretty huge.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Cardiff’s next 4 games

694f15e91f021e0d5f6cb2a8e6f35cb3.jpg
That makes it look much better - and I think we will beat them whenever we play them

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's worth looking at the Other 14 stats and the Tracker thread on here to get a good understanding of the chances of staying up. Lots of teams picking up good points around us today (not Palace - haha) but we're still looking good.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
PL March 9th & 10th.

Cardiff need 6 points to get above us with only 8 games left. That’s a big ask as that would mean we have to stand still. I would expect us to at least pick up 6 points from our home games. That would mean Cardiff need to get to 40 points 12 points from 8 games, that’s definitely a big ask.All Season they have managed just 1.07 a game.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Cardiff have 8 games left, but only 3 at home. And those are Chelsea, Liverpool and Palace. I can't honestly see them getting more than a couple pf points (if they are lucky). Away from home they have Man City, Burnley, Fulham, Man Utd and ourselves. You'd like to think that Man City and Man Utd would be nailed on losses, and Burnley won't be easy. So - for Cardiff, they need max points from trips to Fulham and BHA. I'd say if we can avoid defeat against Cardiff (whenever the match is played), we should be OK.

Another way of looking at it is that they will be exceptionally lucky to get more than 9 points from their last 8 games. Given our much superior GD, just a single win from any of our last 9 games should see us safe.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm sure I heard Garth Crooks mention that Nathan Redmond is better than Knocky, on FS today ???

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Hindsight shows today's game in the end was a 'HAD' to win game and our next prem game at home to Saints will be a 'dare not lose' (depending on other results on the day) or we could be in deep do-do

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Burnley or Cardiff for the drop....their run ins are complete nightmares.

We will be ok with 37 points.....the two clubs i mentioned won't get to 37.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not quite - there's one fewer game in which to be caught.

I am starting to wish that we weren’t playing clubs around us at home. Mid table teams like West Ham seem to be on holiday already, would be much easier to be playing teams like that. Cardiff, Saints and Newcastle will really be up for our games. All must not lose games. Gonna be a very tough and tense run in imo.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Booing at Citeh. Wow

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports