Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A thread full of Sean Dyche not going overboard

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Sean Dyche was interviewed after the game and here is what he had to say :

“I think you’ll probably be aware of the decisions that haven’t gone for us lately. I’ve tried not to go overboard on it, I’ve only said that over a season you want it to balance out"

I've heard some tosh wheeled out in interviews but that is different level. If I turn on Sky, MOTD, BT or the radio it's the whinging ginger dalek complaining he hasn't had a penalty since the war, the referee being Ray Charles or the opposition cheating despite his players being the worst bunch of time wasters in the league and him constantly giving the 4th official grief. So post your examples of Sean not going overboard and accepting things even themselves out over a period of time. It shouldn't be hard.

Exhibit 1 : Arsenal are a bunch of cheats and I questioned the ref

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/22/sean-dyche-accuses-arsenal-dives-absolute-cheating

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Here he is comparing his brand of hoofball with the attacking and interchangeable 4-3-3 of Klopps Liverpool which is nothing like 4-4-2 in a 'Is it coz I am English' rant.

'They questioned me for playing a 4-4-2,' Dyche said of his last Premier League campaign, 'and then everyone played it last year and it was 'amazing Claudio Ranieri, amazing, tactical genius'.

Jurgen Klopp came in and played sort of a 4-4-2 and let's run really hard and press, people thought it was incredible... 'wasn't Sean Dyche doing that years ago when he got here? Oh well'.

Sorry it's the mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...n-boss-claims-Burnley-manager-Sean-Dyche.html

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Watched him yesterday berating the 4th official for 90 mins, horrible horrible excuse for a manager. The worlds always against him, but he puts out teams that are very physical and cheating seems to be the norm with players going down holding face, when ball hits hand, blatant time wasting with long goal celebrations and keeper not taking goal kicks in a acceptable time limit. Plus the devil on a football pitch in Ashley Barnes who simply plays outside the law most games. Anyone else think it was not a pen as Barnes ran into Maty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Watched him yesterday berating the 4th official for 90 mins, horrible horrible excuse for a manager. The worlds always against him, but he puts out teams that are very physical and cheating seems to be the norm with players going down holding face, when ball hits hand, blatant time wasting with long goal celebrations and keeper not taking goal kicks in a acceptable time limit. Plus the devil on a football pitch in Ashley Barnes who simply plays outside the law most games. Anyone else think it was not a pen as Barnes ran into Maty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw it a few times and could have sworn Ryan didn’t touch Barnes. Ryan didn’t get the ball but similarly didn’t catch Barnes. Unless another angle showed otherwise?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Just an observation here. When we first played at the Amex we always used the south end "dugout" what changed ? Gus would have the Lino in his ear in those days, who changed this decision? and why cannot it be reversed?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I saw it a few times and could have sworn Ryan didn’t touch Barnes. Ryan didn’t get the ball but similarly didn’t catch Barnes. Unless another angle showed otherwise?

Also thought this and watching it over and over on motd I'm not convinced Barnes was onside either, a very close call!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Just an observation here. When we first played at the Amex we always used the south end "dugout" what changed ? Gus would have the Lino in his ear in those days, who changed this decision? and why cannot it be reversed?

I was told it is because our dressing room is on the tunnel’s north side so our players and the opposition do not have to cross over as they line up before the tunnel. Whether in Gus’s time there had been a spot of bother as the teams got ready I do not know.

I do agree that we lose an opportunity to chat to the linesman/woman

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I was told it is because our dressing room is on the tunnel’s north side so our players and the opposition do not have to cross over as they line up before the tunnel. Whether in Gus’s time there had been a spot of bother as the teams got ready I do not know.

I do agree that we lose an opportunity to chat to the linesman/woman
For a number of reasons I found myself in the West Stand Lower yesterday for the first time - couldn't believe how passive the crowd were to the linesman!! Lots of pressure from the crowd, getting in his ear may have balanced the constant input from Dyche!!

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Because we have gone soft. We want to be the nice team who will just let other teams bully us and we let them. I want a nasty streak in us.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Was on the Radio 5 sport show 12/3pm today..worth a listen on catch up, if only for the intro music which you would associate with Saturday football, punched the air when i heard that ..a brief respite and a reminder of happier times to come.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here