Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
as sir albion said this could and should have been sorted ages ago, sadly TM still wants that "close and special relationship" with the EU ,leave means leave not one foot in one foot out. i really don't want to keep repeating myself thanks .
regards
DR

Oops like your Grexit government hamps given you a Brexit you don’t like :shrug:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
This doesnt appear to be the scenario the sneering Brexiteers on NSC predicted really.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Mays deal is not acceptable. That would mean agreeing to France re fishing and Spain re Gibraltar. Plus any other EU country that wants a piece of flesh. Otherwise, we cant leave EU whilst accepting their laws without a say.

EU will deffo not renegotiate. So, its either no deal brexit or no brexit.

This has to be the question put to the people. Brexit is so less likely.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The penny is starting to drop that we have the weaker hand! This week will be the one where we are told “this is not the brexit people voted for” - well actually it is. Leave the EU or remain were the options.

Some might argued that the original question was flawed!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
2nd ref HERE WE COME! BREXIT revoked. Civil disturbances. Several killed. New government. Order restored. Complacency resumed. Fractions remain. And grow. A bigger more catastrophic event takes place years from now as order is overwhelmed by the pressures of tribal divisions, climatic change, mass-migration and resource scarcity. Steven Spielberg to direct...:thumbsup:

I’m not sure there will even be a second ref.

If the courts decided the vote is void it will be the get out needed

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

One thing that's starting to irritate me is the further purveyance of this particular brand of British arrogance that assumes that the EU are still gonna bend over backwards to allow us a way out of this mess. The much touted options of a 2nd referendum, general election and Tory leadership election all require an extension of article 50 that we all assume the EU is dying to give us. It's perfectly possible for them to say "naaah we've had enough of this now you're taking the piss. Take the deal or leave it, or remain. No more elections, no more referendums. Choose."

I just get the feeling that all this talk about 2nd referendums and elections may be a waste of time if the EU decide they don't want to play our silly games anymore.

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
One thing that's starting to irritate me is the further purveyance of this particular brand of British arrogance that assumes that the EU are still gonna bend over backwards to allow us a way out of this mess. The much touted options of a 2nd referendum, general election and Tory leadership election all require an extension of article 50 that we all assume the EU is dying to give us. It's perfectly possible for them to say "naaah we've had enough of this now you're taking the piss. Take the deal or leave it, or remain. No more elections, no more referendums. Choose."

I just get the feeling that all this talk about 2nd referendums and elections may be a waste of time if the EU decide they don't want to play our silly games anymore.

'All the indications are that the EU would be willing to agree an Article 50 extension to allow the UK to conduct a democratic process such as a general election or a referendum before Brexit is finalised. If remaining in the EU were an option in the referendum, the 27 might well want to afford the UK the opportunity to change its mind. Even if Remain were not an option, there is a strong argument that the EU would want to honour the democratic principles on which it was founded and not deny sufficient time for the UK electorate to have the chance to vote, provided it felt that the UK was being sincere and not just ‘playing for time’.'

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I agree, still “we hold all the cards” argument.

I think this whole process has showed our actual place in the world.

I doubt we will be allowed in with the same concessions we have at the moment, but it will
Still be better than the deal on the table.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This doesn't appear to be the scenario the sneering remoaners on NSC predicted really.

Corrected for you. On this thread,tbh, there's only been one lot on the NSC Brexit thread that have been sneering and claiming intellectual superiority. Read all six and a half thousand posts and you will see that clearly. Reluctantly, I agree, but clearly.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The penny is starting to drop that we have the weaker hand! This week will be the one where we are told “this is not the brexit people voted for” - well actually it is. Leave the EU or remain were the options.

Some might argued that the original question was flawed!
'In' or 'out'.

How would a smart-arse have framed the question better? You seem well placed to answer.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I agree that there won’t be a 2nd referendum but we’ll probably have left before the court makes a ruling.

TH is a very very stubborn woman, the decision won’t go back to the people, we’ll leave with a ‘no deal’ in March once the MPs throw out her deal (that handcuffs and gags us whilst causing unrest in Northern Ireland). Brexit means Brexit, we are leaving.

I have no doubt we’ll be thrown into a deep recession with a return to the ‘Irish Problem’. Throw in some football violence and we’ll be back in the 70s again (I’m sure some posters will be pleased with this). The world’s most powerful Brexiters (Putin & Trump) will be overjoyed by our turmoil, a victory for ‘divide and conquer’ with the EU being significantly weakened at the same time.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Corrected for you. On this thread,tbh, there's only been one lot on the NSC Brexit thread that have been sneering and claiming intellectual superiority. Read all six and a half thousand posts and you will see that clearly. Reluctantly, I agree, but clearly.

Oh ive been reading them :thumbsup:
At the moment, that ''intellectual superiority'' seems to be vindicated. Im not sure that claiming that Brexit is stupid is anything clever or that it needed much ''intellect'' to see it.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Where is that idiot with the crystal ball who said 'No Deal' ain't gonna happen?Getting closer every day,on our way!:thumbsup:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
She’s made some terrible mistakes. The biggest was going to the country and losing her majority which has meant the country’s been held to ransom by the ERG and the DUP. She should never have triggered Article 50 before having a plan. Jeez, it’s not rocket science. Set up an all party commission ( Brexit is mich bigger than the Tory Party, although you’d never have realised that judging by the last two and half years) and come up with a plan which most could live with. THEN trigger article 50, build a consensus around the plan and negotiate a deal from a position of consensus and strength. Instead, we are in a total mess. Labour have also been pathetic. I can’t ever remember a time in my lifetime when we’ve had such a useless bunch of politicians.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here