Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Most of the links that have been posted in regards of settled status have been wrong or completely misleading today. I've used the system and it works very well.

Glad it worked ok for you, but that doesn't mean it is going to for everyone.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Absolute rubbish. Everyone will be affected in some way by a 'no deal' including the EU.

Yes, but it will be far worse for us. Ireland is the only EU member state that might suffer to a similar degree to the UK, but they will have the EU trying to assist them.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
There is just one company in the UK that makes insulin which is enough for 1500-2000 patients. There are 421,000 insulin diabetic patients in the UK. Novo Nordisk is just one of three companies.
https://www.channel4.com/news/factc...supplies-really-at-risk-from-a-no-deal-brexit

I know that we produce little insulin, I don’t dispute that. That wasnt the question
I asked where you got your figure of 90% from Denmark when you said
“90% of our insulin comes from Denmark”
That link does not say 90% comes from Denmark.
The Market share of Novo Nordisk in Europe who are the only one of the big three producers in Europe who manufacture insulin in Denmark is no way near 90% of the market.
Don’t forget, as I said,the news tonight said that Danish firm (Novo Nordisk ) supply roughly just under half of the insulin to the UK (which is roughly in line with their European market share figures)
So where did you get 90% comes from Denmark?

Don’t forget about your 30% rejection rate, you still havnt said where you got that from either.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Some absolute extraordinary reporting tonight, following Johnson's meeting with Merkel ... and not just from hardline Brexit outlets. It's being presented as a triumph for him as Merkel has given him 30 days to come up with an alternative solution but she's done nothing but present the EU case .... which hasn't changed for months. But to read some of the British press, you'd think that Johnson had pulled off some diplomatic triumph.

I feel like I'm living in some alternative reality

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Glad it worked ok for you, but that doesn't mean it is going to for everyone.

Ah, but that's the thing. It's endemic amongst those types, the 'I'm alright Jack' mentality.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Some absolute extraordinary reporting tonight, following Johnson's meeting with Merkel ... and not just from hardline Brexit outlets. It's being presented as a triumph for him as Merkel has given him 30 days to come up with an alternative solution but she's done nothing but present the EU case .... which hasn't changed for months. But to read some of the British press, you'd think that Johnson had pulled off some diplomatic triumph.

I feel like I'm living in some alternative reality

You’ll get your chance to **** the Tories hard right over soon enough

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“Mr Macron added that "the British are attached to being a great power" but after Brexit could become merely a "junior partner" of the US.“

True dat.

Jan 30, 2008
Best parody account on NSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is for a lot of the remainers on here is that anyone who rattles their cages needs to be picked on in the hope they'll go away , sorry but that just isn't happening as i told another poster on here I EXPECT my vote to be respected not de valued , suns out looks a decent day enjoy
regards
DR

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Would that make Germany and France the main players in the eu after all? Seems like it doesn't it.

They are the two largest and richest nations in the EU, so it's not surprising that they carry the most clout in the EU. However all decisions within the EU have to be reached unanimously, any nation can veto any decision they don't like.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not true - you're sounding like Thunderbolt now.

It is true. All nations within the EU have a veto. It's one of the major barriers to a post-independence Scotland rejoining the EU, no way will Spain not veto it if it'll encourage the Catalans and Basques.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It is true. All nations within the EU have a veto. It's one of the major barriers to a post-independence Scotland rejoining the EU, no way will Spain not veto it if it'll encourage the Catalans and Basques.

Countries only have a veto in certain areas. Elsewhere QMV is used - for example QMV is used in the following areas : border checks, culture, europol, ECJ and many more. You are correct that when it comes to actual membership then all countries have the right to veto a new member but you said they have that option in 'all decisions'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here