Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The equivalent thread on the palace site must be rivetting.

Johnny-esta Williams came on as sub for their other rivals (and much longer history) club Charlton And has finally shaved his head - that should be big news there? Oh, just checked and he’s not on loan for once, but an actual CAFC player... Erm is that bargain £10 mil plus £40k a week Sorloth in loan somewhere - he must be banging them in ready for the prem next year in the famous blue and red odd stripes?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Johnny-esta Williams came on as sub for their other rivals (and much longer history) club Charlton And has finally shaved his head - that should be big news there? Oh, just checked and he’s not on loan for once, but an actual CAFC player... Erm is that bargain £10 mil plus £40k a week Sorloth in loan somewhere - he must be banging them in ready for the prem next year in the famous blue and red odd stripes?

Sorloth is away on a 2 year loan in Turkey!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

2 year loan?!?! Bloody hell. Ok he can come back fresh for the 21/22 season to get in the end of Wilf’s crosses!

Edit - just seen he’s only bagged a goal in his first game against the famous KASIMPAŞA!!! Already smashing them in. That’s 1 more league goal than he scored for CP2010FC already :)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ben White vs Brentford ⚽️ #LUFC

5 Clearances
7 Interceptions (Most)
67/73 Successful Passes (91.78%)
6 Ball recoveries
1 Block
2 Headed clearances

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Ben White vs Brentford ⚽️ #LUFC

5 Clearances
7 Interceptions (Most)
67/73 Successful Passes (91.78%)
6 Ball recoveries
1 Block
2 Headed clearances

In the cup game most of his stats were ‘most/best’.
I think most people have rated White but even his biggest fan must be surprised- he is playing for (one of) the biggest teams in a league rated as what? The fifth best league in Europe? Fair play Ben White.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In the cup game most of his stats were ‘most/best’.
I think most people have rated White but even his biggest fan must be surprised- he is playing for (one of) the biggest teams in a league rated as what? The fifth best league in Europe? Fair play Ben White.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE biggest club in the WORLD, shirley...? :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

According to Wiki the equivalent palace thread is tracking the movements of:-

Sorloth

While we're tracking 9 players, 7 (Arce?) of whom are expected to develop towards the first XI.

They really are hanging by a thread, aren't they?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Not only that, since leaving that lot, he's re-discovered his scoring touch -- with two on his debut -- and that loan deal lacks a release option so they can't get him back.
Still, they've got that tremendous trio of Benteke, Ayew and Wickham to bang 'em in

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Will we see loans out to League One for Sanders, Cox, Dreyer, Tilley and the like?

Perhaps waiting until after the Bristol Rovers match to give some of the youngsters a run out?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17...ching-right-direction-leeds-says-noel-whelan/

Former Leeds United forward Noel Whelan believes Ben White has answered any question marks after an impressive start to life on loan at Elland Road.

This is centre-half White’s third loan away from the Albion after spells at Newport County and Peterborough United in the past two seasons.

White has featured in every minute of all four of the Whites’ games so far this season, picking up two clean sheets as well as building a good understanding with captain Liam Cooper.

Whelan, who does co-commentary for BBC Radio Leeds, has given The Argus a glowing report.

He said: “He has been exceptional and I have been really impressed.

“There were a lot of question marks when Pontus Jansson left and White came in.

“But all those question marks have very quickly been erased.

“He is very comfortable on the ball, a good competitor, his discipline is very good and his ball distribution from the back is fantastic.

“He seems to be getting into a groove now at Leeds and has formed a really good partnership with Cooper.”

Jansson joined fellow Championship side Brentford in the summer.

However, Whelan reckons White has a different mindset to the departed Jansson.

Whelan revealed: “The difference between Ben and Pontus is that if there is space to drive into Ben will go to a certain point and hand the ball over to the midfielder.

“Pontus used to just go marauding forward leaving a huge space at the back. Ben seems to get to a point, does his job and his second thought is ‘I’ve brought the ball to a midfield player can I drop into my position and do what my job is – defending, keeping clean sheets and dominating centre-forwards’.

“He has been doing that and I have been really impressed with every aspect of his game.

“White has come from a club in Albion that have brought him up the right way, for example, knowing how to play the ball out from the back, being comfortable on the ball and very composed.

“But he is tenacious as well. He likes a tackle and to get involved.”

White faces a tricky path to the Seagulls first team with stiff competition from the likes of Lewis Dunk, Shane Duffy, Dan Burn, summer signing Adam Webster and Leon Balogun all competing for a starting place this season.

Add to this, summer signing Matthew Clarke has also gone out on loan to fellow Championship side Derby County to develop.

But just how much potential does White have?

Whelan said: “He has got a really good future ahead of him. He’s only going to get better at just 21.

“White has got all the attributes you’d want from the modern day football player and a centre-half.

“The future looks bright for White and long may his good performances continue at Leeds. Then I’m sure Brighton will have a fantastic centre-half on their hands.”

The 21-year-old has also received praise from the hard to please Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa.

He said: “He is relishing being in the team right now.

“White played well today (last Saturday), but in the first two matches he was better.

“Always his performance level is more than enough.”

High praise from someone who has managed clubs including Athletic Bilbao, Marseille and Lazio to name but a few and international teams Chile and Argentina.

Bielsa has worked with top defenders such as Javier Mascherano, Javier Zanetti, Stephan Radu and Andoni Iraola, so White – and Albion fans – can take great encouragement from the early progress reports coming back from Yorkshire.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
According to Wiki the equivalent palace thread is tracking the movements of:-

Sorloth

While we're tracking 9 players, 7 (Arce?) of whom are expected to develop towards the first XI.

They really are hanging by a thread, aren't they?

It shouldn't be too hard to track Sorloth. I expect you can see the fat, useless lump from space.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Are we in that position with any of our loanees apart from Anthony Knockaert?

Not sure, however the difference is that I don't think we would need to recall any loanees at Jan (earliest if there is a possibility). We have a balanced squad, Palace squad is not balanced. They are overloaded with midfielders and lacking depth in the full back, wide and up front areas.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here