Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anybody ride a Boardman MX Comp? Just thinking of buying a hybrid and one is going cheap near me. TIA

Would that be from Halfords?

If so there wont be much wrong with the bike, but they might get a shaved monkey to build it for you.

It might be perfect but if not bin off Halfords and take it to a local bike shop for a service.
Believe me you wont be their first customer to walk in and say:-

'I bought this in Halfords but...'.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Would that be from Halfords?

If so there wont be much wrong with the bike, but they might get a shaved monkey to build it for you.

It might be perfect but if not bin off Halfords and take it to a local bike shop for a service.
Believe me you wont be their first customer to walk in and say:-

'I bought this in Halfords but...'.

Thanks. Im buying it 2nd hand. Almost new. Ill have it serviced etc.Just wanted to know that it was ok.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Mortirolo is basically 8 x Ditchling Beacon climbs. :eek:

Both have maximums of 18%, the Mortirolo is higher average at 10.5% to Ditchling's 8.7%.

And its ripping this race up...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Mortirolo is basically 8 x Ditchling Beacon climbs. :eek:

Both have maximums of 18%, the Mortirolo is higher average at 10.5% to Ditchling's 8.7%.

And its ripping this race up...

8 Beacons
Or
1 Wewt Sussex climb!!!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Swift tyre change this evening from Conti Gatorskins to Vittoria Rubino Pro. Only went for a ride to the end of the road and back and they feel so much smoother and more responsive.

May not have the supposed puncture protection, but I've had terrible luck on the Gatorskins with punctures and a horrid ride to boot. Glad to see the back of them.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Swift tyre change this evening from Conti Gatorskins to Vittoria Rubino Pro. Only went for a ride to the end of the road and back and they feel so much smoother and more responsive.

May not have the supposed puncture protection, but I've had terrible luck on the Gatorskins with punctures and a horrid ride to boot. Glad to see the back of them.

Gone from Gstorskins to Continental GP 4000 II’s

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've found Gatorskins to be crap too, one of which completely shredded. Can anyone recommend what I should replace them with? And is the current thinking to stick with 25mm front and back?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I went with Vittoria Rubino Pro as they were on a crazy offer, and after some research they looked promising.

I really like GP 4000S II, but I'm not at any kind of competition level so think they're overkill for me.

And, yeah, I'm sticking with 25s front and rear.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I really like my Kenda Kriteriums. Not a "high class" tyre, but done over 1200 miles on them and they're still rolling as good as new. Nice and comfortable, and also pretty tough. Only had one puncture after stupidly deciding to go along the under-cliff to Rottingdean the day after bad weather :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick for cos they is cheap and bloody good.
For a little more protection through the winter I have Schwalbe Durrano's which are also very good.

IMHO Conti's are shite across the range, I have no idea why they are so loved.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
FWIW I've been rolling the Pirelli Cinturato 28mm in tubeless flavour for a few months on my hunt wheels. Loving them. Comfortably roll over the potholes with no fear of pinch flats.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick for cos they is cheap and bloody good.
For a little more protection through the winter I have Schwalbe Durrano's which are also very good.

IMHO Conti's are shite across the range, I have no idea why they are so loved.

Agree completely. I have used Vittoria Rubino Pros for many years. They are excellent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here