Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I already did. Having problems reading? In that debate the foreign secretary had already said why it made no sense to have renegotiations of membership included in a referendum question that had IN and OUT in it already and as well. Mogg replied to his points specifically and said it might make more sense then to get the renegotiation of membership issue out of the way first and then have the second vote ie the final IN OUT vote. Its a simple single conversation in the commons, all be it dragged out with debate.
Surprised you might be desperately trying to read something else into it, whatever that may be.

So, Mogg was saying that it might make more sense to have a referendum, after there was a known position that negotiation had produced, as we both know.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Interesting seeing Theresa May now whipping her MPs to vote against the backstop her Government spent two years negotiating, all the while insisting that it's perfectly fine for the Government to change it's mind but the public must not be allowed to under any circumstances. Presumably because us plebs can't be trusted not to make the "wrong" decision and decide we actually don't want this Brexit malarkey.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well I suggest you talk to the experts ...... [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] and [MENTION=34106]ManOfSussex[/MENTION] as they have both promised no deal won't happen. Therefore why the worry of riots ? Or the case that in reality remainers can't really make up their minds ?

Many of them claim we are nearing Armageddon, we are doomed and are heading for their survival shelters while others are saying it will never happen and think anyone who believes it will .. is a moron :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There are also some 120,000 EU statutes, some think these can just be cut and pasted into UK law and then gradually make changes. Not quite that simple, we’d have to set up new enforcement bodies and transfer new powers to regulators to create our own domestic regimes

well that cant be right, there's no EU laws that havent been passed by parliament into UK law. :wrong:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Many of them claim we are nearing Armageddon, we are doomed and are heading for their survival shelters while others are saying it will never happen and think anyone who believes it will .. is a moron :lolol:

And some are making some sensible preparations for a no deal crash out. I personally don't think we will suddenly be thrust into the dark ages but I think with a no deal, some goods and services will be unavailable or restricted and we will see a large hike in the price of some items.

I have always been the type to buy 2 or 3 of something at a time to ensure we don't run out. We keep candles, torches, batteries, a well kept tool kit, first aid kit etc so to me it's sensible to cover yourself for any eventuality. It's not a political comment, it's common sense.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And some are making some sensible preparations for a no deal crash out. I personally don't think we will suddenly be thrust into the dark ages but I think with a no deal, some goods and services will be unavailable or restricted and we will see a large hike in the price of some items.

We have about 15m people with less than £100 is savings, a lot of people are going to get hurt and it won't be the Tory toffs that are clambering for no deal

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Corbyn on the tv news a minute ago. What an absolute melt. :facepalm:

'No comment, thank you, bye' like an old school teacher leaving court after being charged with taking 'snuff' during assembly

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

If 'no deal' does occur, Will, you let [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] and [MENTION=34106]ManOfSussex[/MENTION] share some of your supplies?

If yes may I suggest serving them some humble pie .... :D

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If 'no deal' does occur, Will, you let [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] and [MENTION=34106]ManOfSussex[/MENTION] share some of your supplies?

If yes may I suggest serving them some humble pie .... :D

Humble pie is made of deer intestines so no, I won't be stockpiling such an item. Can I interest you in a tuna and pasta bake?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1089890642103332864[/TWEET]

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
At last, some credible views on the future, it’s a shame other remainers are not as open as you about your vision for the UK’s future.

One point to start with, in your view the EU would have the power to prevent a country becoming extreme, corrupt or oppressive?

How are these powers measured? Would it (say) overturn the election of Marine Le Pen?

Hungary and Poland are currently going through a legal process with the EU concerning national policies that have been passed by a democratically elected Govt. Do you agree with this?

As for corruption, Romania is off the scale on corruption in their Govt (check out reports now they have periodic Presidential responsibility) the CAP is deeply corrupt, Millions are spent moving from Brussels to Strasbourg, EU whistleblowers are routinely ignored, trade deals (like TTIP) are negotiated behind closed doors etc. Do you really think the EU a paragon of transparency regarding corruption?

The fact that in a Federal system there is not absolute power by either State or Federal Government, is in itself an aid to reducing extreme corruption or oppression.
There would not be any power of Federal Government to throw out a State Government, unlike our Monarchy. It provides an authority that citizens can appeal to, to investigate or or take legal action against their State if there is an issue. Legal action could be taken against a State by the Federal Government and vice versa.

Yes, I agree that Poland and Hungary should be challenged for politicising their judiciary, there are standards of governance that states wishing to join the EU have to meet, if a State then rows back on these standards, it should be challenged.
Romania has a problem with corruption, and is being challenged about this by the EU, the CAP is not corrupt, even if it is unjust.

The French quite like the boost to their economy that the move once a month to Strasbourg gives them, so they Veto moves to end it, like we would with our rebate, personally I would trade in some of our rebate in exchange for France letting the Strasbourg move end.

Which whistleblowers have been ignored? The EU is strengthening protections for whistleblowers, but no I don't think the EU is a paragon of transparency or free of corruption. It is far from perfect, and has a long way to go. Do you think the house of commons is full of Saints? Is the answer to separate Sussex from the UK to escape the Westminster monster?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If you really think the Eu part of Euratom means it is an EU entity,then you are even sillier than I thought.

If you think we are not leaving Euratom at the same time as we leave the EU then you are about as silly as I thought.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Putin must be looking on at the UK falling apart and thinking, this BREXIT IS GOOD

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Agents Trump & Johnson have served him well.

Any thoughts on the pro EU establishment, including agents Mandelson, Osbourne and toffs like Lord Barker and the Rothschilds relationship with Putin’s mate Oleg Deripaska?

He is sanctioned in the US, he’s never sanctioned in U.K. or EU?

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm0338

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2008/oct/21/partyfunding-oleg-deripaska

https://www.ft.com/content/36d6c364-4b95-11e8-97e4-13afc22d86d4

You are like a Pavlovian dog banging out unfounded anti Brexit/Trump media tropes, in fairness to Trump Deripaska is sanctioned by the US.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here