Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why’s it embarrassing!? It is what it is, why on earth are you embarrassed, I don’t give a shit at this point what it looks like. Try at least to be happy we’ve earned a point against a very good side and halted a damaging run of results. :thumbsup:

Oh believe me I am relieved. We got a point we didn't deserve but we got one. I have not changed my opinion about where our club is going under CH. Today is massive. Embarrassed? Yes, it took us 34 minutes just to get in their half. Millions watch us all over the world and it embarrasses me how shit we are.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Oh believe me I am relieved. We got a point we didn't deserve but we got one. I have not changed my opinion about where our club is going under CH. Today is massive. Embarrassed? Yes, it took us 34 minutes just to get in their half. Millions watch us all over the world and it embarrasses me how shit we are.

Why do you care what those millions think? They're only here for the top 6.

We have to do, what we have to do for the time being.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Take it but my god that was dreadful. Embarassed by that performance. Murray at the end pretty much summing it up with his ‘professionalism’.

Desperately hanging on for a point at a mid table team with nothing to play off and us not having any of the ball with absolutely no ambition to get a goal and win the match. I’m even more certain I want Hughton out after that, we are an utterly appalling side to watch.

Have a day off. You're in the running for most hysterical poster along with Sussex Nomad. Almost as embarassing as the 'boring, boring' chants from a Wolves who are soon to forget they were doing the same just a short few years ago before they were bought out by a Chinese conglomerate..

Job done today. If you wanted any more then you are utterly delusional and don't understand our current situation.

A near Championshp team got us out of a hole today. One job left to do. Get behind the team and the management and ask the questions when safe.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Great to have Kayal and Stephens reunited in the middle, perfect for the situation we’re in. A clean sheet and it breaks the run of losses.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Take it but my god that was dreadful. Embarassed by that performance. Murray at the end pretty much summing it up with his ‘professionalism’.

Desperately hanging on for a point at a mid table team with nothing to play off and us not having any of the ball with absolutely no ambition to get a goal and win the match. I’m even more certain I want Hughton out after that, we are an utterly appalling side to watch.

That's like saying I want out of Europe because it will be better...we'll have more money, better players, it's just the tactics that have held us back.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the CH out argument is just tosh.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think it's important we not get carried away. That clean sheet wasn't all our doing. If Jota gets his shots on target we lose, and everything we worked for is wasted. We shouldn't be relying on our opponents missing great opportunities for us to get something from games, it's ok once in a while, it's ok if it ends a run that gives us a bit of confidence, stops the losing momentum gets us back on our feet. Celebrate the point, it was hard earned, after a run of capitulations. A three point gap on the relegation zone is so much bigger than a two point gap with our goal difference - even if Cardiff get a shock win tomorrow they stay below us. Absolutely there are positives - great saves from Ryan, the team fighting for each other, a clean sheet and a point, stopping the losing run. But we're not safe yet.

D

Deleted member 2719

Probably kill you saying anything positive about Brighton right now ..so be careful

I'm glad you feel inspired.

Of course, I am happy with a point,(positive) but let's make no mistake if one person made a mistake in those 90 mins of backs to the wall they would have scored we are walking a tight rope.

Would you be happy to watch that at home?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

How long you been an Albion fan? That is a lot of embarrassment if you feel that every time we’ve been a bit shit!! :lolol:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I wish I was in your bubble.

No bubble fella, just a huge recognition of how difficult it is for our club to stay in this division. Our confidence is SHOT and that calls for firefighting not expansive ****ing football. Play exactly the same way until the end of the season and bore the shit out of the opposition. Survive and then review

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Kayal and Bruno are my heroes today. Thought Bong did well after a shaky start. Maty made 2 fantastic saves. Overall a good day at the office.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think it's important we not get carried away. That clean sheet wasn't all our doing. If Jota gets his shots on target we lose, and everything we worked for is wasted. We shouldn't be relying on our opponents missing great opportunities for us to get something from games, it's ok once in a while, it's ok if it ends a run that gives us a bit of confidence, stops the losing momentum gets us back on our feet. Celebrate the point, it was hard earned, after a run of capitulations. A three point gap on the relegation zone is so much bigger than a two point gap with our goal difference - even if Cardiff get a shock win tomorrow they stay below us. Absolutely there are positives - great saves from Ryan, the team fighting for each other, a clean sheet and a point, stopping the losing run. But we're not safe yet.

You forgot “These are a good team”

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Enormous, enormous point, exactly what we needed. Stops the slide and will inject a lot of confidence in the squad. Well done boys!!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Get the impression that some wanted a defeat, so that Hughton got dismissed tonight.

I’ll take the point and worry about the big picture this summer.

I find it very hard to believe that even our most crankiest of fans would have wanted that.
Sort it out in the summer if we get over the line.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm glad you feel inspired.

Of course, I am happy with a point,(positive) but let's make no mistake if one person made a mistake in those 90 mins of backs to the wall they would have scored we are walking a tight rope.

Would you be happy to watch that at home?

We just watched 7 shipped at home, we have now gone 5 (?) without scoring. We have a point but we have nothing to feel good about.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I don't think it's just about us making mistakes. They hit the crossbar and the post, and had other good chances. If Wolves hadn't made mistakes in front of goals (and we can't expect other opponents to make those mistakes) they would have won without any difference in our performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here