Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

el punal

To answer your question about STHs not turning up: I didn't go to the three humiliating defeats against Muff, Cardiff and Soton. Why? Because the team were playing like they didn't give a shit. Hughton looked shell shocked and incapable of motivating a team clearly instructed to not lose. Watching a home game for me usually takes up most of my Saturday, getting home quite late if I take the train. A minimum of 3 to 4 hours travel. My thoughts were: F.uck it. After 60 years or so following The Albion that was the worst I've felt going to watch them, so I spared myself of any more Hughtonball . It was abysmal. So I stayed away.

Thank goodness we now have reason to be optimistic again.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I did go to the three “humiliating defeats” and after each one I thought - well, we can’t get any worse. There by hangs the tale (tail?) of the ever optimistic Albion fan. Pass me my glass that’s half full thank you. :drink:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I went to every home game last season, but after the Bmuff and Soton was severly tempted to not go to the Cardiff and Newcastle games so I can totally understand your point off view. You pay your money and so can decide. Lots of boo's at HT in these games, I didn't but I can understand those that do - because it was THAT bad. One of the ways to show you are unhappy is to stay away or to boo. Who knows how much this has influenced TBs thoughts?

There really cannot be any argument about the football in the last couple of months -it was dire, truly dire, and the performance in the two matches you mention were shameful. I didn't but can understand some fans who booed.I watched the Newcastle match on TV whilst on holiday, and next to me was a Newcastle season ticket holder. At half time, he just could not believe that Brighton apparently didn't want to win the game. Says it all.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We need a new right back
As the name can’t be fitted into the below format.
Montoyarey just doesn’t scan at all

Steeley
Xxxx
Bongy
Dunky
Duffy

Izzy
Solly
Knocky
Trossey

Grossy
Murray

Monty? :shrug:

el punal

The subject of humiliation was Murray, not the team. The same Murray who was almost strangled by Millwall, but ignored by the referee.

Fair enough. What was ironic about that game was, firstly it was played on Sunday - a rest day, secondly, the Good Man upstairs was most displeased. Had you noticed that when Millwall scored a storm of biblical proportions took place. When it was our turn the sun shone brightly on us righteous ones - and, during the penalty shoot out. A classic case, sort of, of Lions against the Christians. :angel:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
May well be but GPot will have Solly playing wing back instead of Montoya

If Solly were to play there hypothetically, would you have him on the right or left? I think he’s perhaps better attacking on the right but defensively it makes more sense to be on the left... tough one.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I noticed that too. Could it be that Graham Potter has recognised that the strong characters we had in our promotion chasing years of 2015/16 and 2016/17 have gone and not been replaced?
That Masters in Leadership and Emotional Intelligence may be some use...

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Solly were to play there hypothetically, would you have him on the right or left? I think he’s perhaps better attacking on the right but defensively it makes more sense to be on the left... tough one.

Diagonal wing back - That'll be different.

TBH if Pottytime starts with players out of position it won't last long or well.

After the wailing and gurning about everyone in the squad having to play full back I'm surprised any poster dare mention exactly the same scenario, just with a different player.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
But under CH in the second half of last season we played shit football NOT winning. If it’s all about winning then I can’t think of a better reason to get rid of the manager, or for your fair weather fan to stop going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair weather fans? Seems like we have a lot these days. I’m not asking anyone to justify why they didn’t go, it’s their lives, no one’s called them out, they can do what they want.

Not turning up, because we are shit, seems like the opposite of what it means to be an Albion fan, especially considering how long it took to get where we are.

(Btw I’m not saying that people who didn’t turn up aren’t real fans)

As for away games, sometimes putting 10 men behind the ball was the right thing to do. It got us an important point at Wolves and I remember that being very pleasing and it nearly worked at Tottenham.

Last edited:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Fair weather fans? Seems like we have a lot these days. I’m not asking anyone to justify why they didn’t go, it’s their lives, no one’s called them out, they can do what they want.

Not turning up, because we are shit, seems like the opposite of what it means to be an Albion fan, especially considering how long it took to get where we are.

As for away games, sometimes putting 10 men behind the ball was the right thing to do. It got us an important point at Wolves and I remember that being very pleasing and it nearly worked at Tottenham.

Yep. This

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

IMO there is a world of difference between not turning up because we are shit and not turning up because you think the manager has totally lost the plot and the confidence of the players. If you didn’t like the fans not turning up, what was you opinion on the players not turning up in so many HOME games?

Defending in depth away from home I get but the fear displayed by the tactics in the home games for the last few months was so depressing. I went to all THOSE games but I confess to wishing I hadn’t and had made the decision to start missing some home games next season if CH stayed and we carried on playing the same way.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

You are calling them out though. Those two paragraphs I've quoted are completely contradictory. You're saying people who didn't go towards the end of last season, or those thaat may have intended not to if CH stayed on, are fair weather fans and the opposite of what it means to be an Albion fan. You're judging anyone who was fed up. So well done, have a super-fan rosette and a sugar lump. *pats you on the head*

It was only the right thing to do because our default position was one of inferirity and it became circular. The less able we felt we were to compete, the more defensive we were, the fewer goals we scored, the fewer points we accumulated and the more we felt we were unable to compete. Ironically the one game where we had to be a bit more savvy was Palace and, guess what, we didn't get a lucky 0-0 like we did against Wolves or lose like we did against Spurs, we picked up two goals and three points.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm missing your annual transfer targets thread this year :nono: A summary would be much appreciated if you have a chance :)

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...ist-of-transfer-targets&p=7983646#post7983646

:albion2:

Less activity this summer, for sure, but I reckon the following may still be 'live' :

Striker : Samatta
Midfielder : Kamara
Right back : Bogle
Come on CJ, missing your transfer rumour analysis and marks out of 10 for each... *wink*. Actually I do realise you are usually busy around Glastonbury time, so no worries if you can't...

Striker - Samatta, McBurnie

Right back - Bogle

Midfield - Kamara, Dack, Hagi

None of the other rumours seem to have much life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here