Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ICC CWC: England v Pakistan at Trent Bridge

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Think you're wrong. Biggest catch up in the WC ever. England have now become only the second side to score 300+ in their past 6 innings and Wahab throws the ball. I think you're harsh.

They wouldn't have been chasing that kind of score had they taken their A-game into the field this morning. Shocking to go from the sharpness and impressive display in the field on Thursday to that today. Ordinary at best. World Cups are not won by not showing up and getting the basics right.

Instead of putting down a marker of invincibility to the rest of the teams, we've showed real weakness against Australia in the last friendly now this limp display.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They wouldn't have been chasing that kind of score had they taken their A-game into the field this morning. Shocking to go from the sharpness and impressive display in the field on Thursday to that today. Ordinary at best. World Cups are not won by not showing up and getting the basics right.

Instead of putting down a marker of invincibility to the rest of the teams, we've showed real weakness against Australia in the last friendly now this limp display.

What bit of we scored over 300 do you not get? We didn't get spanked, they out run us. We'll still win the cup.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I thought we played brilliantly in the batting side.

Really?!? Only 2 players contributed anything of note and neither when set were there at the end to see us home. We were poor in all disciplines.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't really see it that way. Stokes, for example, didn't contribute runs. At least Root and Buttler scored quick tons.

:lolol:

You have to chuckle at how some people see games in different ways. Root 107, and Buttler 103 are going to be apologising to Roy 8, Bairstow 32, Morgan 9, Stokes 13, Moeen 19....

That is hilarious.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
First two centuries in the WC 2019, yeah ok.

Means nothing if you don’t win the game, one of them should have been there at the end and if they did we’d have won, they bottled it when the pressure was on, they believe too much of their own hype.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I get all of that, but I'm not as ready as you to slag us off.

I haven't slagged us off, I've said pretty much what Morgan has just said on interview! We weren't good enough in the field, you have to be on it to progress.

The positive is this might be enough of a shock to their system and early in the tournament that they don't let it happen again. Typical England though, win 4 in a row against this opposition in a series, then lose the one in a world cup match. Mentally they need to be on it from the first ball.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
:lolol:

You have to chuckle at how some people see games in different ways. Root 107, and Buttler 103 are going to be apologising to Roy 8, Bairstow 32, Morgan 9, Stokes 13, Moeen 19....

That is hilarious.

The reason being is because they were deep into their innings and got out stupidly. You could see Root eating every ball from the pavilion when he'd got himself out. However I am actually backing us, and the performance, I see nothing to get worried about.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Our last three group games (if we were Tottenham - never win anything, believe we're brilliant when in fact we always bottle ODI cricket tournaments) are the equivalent of Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea.

How the Aussies would love to stick the boot in after all the sandpaper banter. :down:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The reason being is because they were deep into their innings and got out stupidly. You could see Root eating every ball from the pavilion when he'd got himself out. However I am actually backing us, and the performance, I see nothing to get worried about.

An opportunity of building an aura of invincibility through the tournament has been lost. Yes we are still a good side, but we also now look vulnerable. Might not make a difference but an opportunity missed to keep the pressure on.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Think you're wrong. Biggest catch up in the WC ever. England have now become only the second side to score 300+ in their past 6 innings and Wahab throws the ball. I think you're harsh.

Not harsh at all, the warning signs were there all along, they tried to dust it off as one of those things never learned and look where they are now, embarrassing us in a World Cup again.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not harsh at all, the warning signs were there all along, they tried to dust it off as one of those things never learned and look where they are now, embarrassing us in a World Cup again.

As ever, an England national team choke, guess we're used to it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here