Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Away player gets curtain call !

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Go Braves. And after taking 2 of the 3 for a series win at the Nats, its off to Chicago for the Cubs. Now 6.5 games ahead of the Phillies (where the wheels seemed to have come off) and 8.5 ahead of the Nats.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Go Braves. And after taking 2 of the 3 for a series win at the Nats, its off to Chicago for the Cubs. Now 6.5 games ahead of the Phillies (where the wheels seemed to have come off) and 8.5 ahead of the Nats.

Nats bullpen showing outside of Dolittle it’s an absolute bag of s**t

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Disappointing loss last night in Kansas, but the Twins are still an astonishing 50-27 and lead the ALC by 8 games. I have to give my head a wobble every time I see them now, they are actually a FUN team to watch.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Agree. Was surprised they took out Dolittle after 1 innings.

Probably because he has been having to pitch more than they’d like recently ?

The amount of games the Nats have lost when leading going into. 7/8/9th innings this season is shocking.., they’d certainly be ahead of Philly if they’d won half of them

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Probably because he has been having to pitch more than they’d like recently ?

The amount of games the Nats have lost when leading going into. 7/8/9th innings this season is shocking.., they’d certainly be ahead of Philly if they’d won half of them

That was picked up by the commentators yesterday. The Braves seem to be the opposite. Think they have the best win ratio for "come from behind" (oh er Misses) and wins from the 7th innings in MLB. They did that on Saturday when they were behind twice by 4 runs but hit a Grand Slam in 8th to finally win 13-9.:clap2:

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Who is going this weekend?

Going with 12 year old daughter on the Sunday, not sure how I am going to get her to school in Hereford on Monday morning...but hey its historic

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Seems our lowly position in the National League and throwing away the lead against the Cubs lead to Mets manager Mickey Callaway and pitcher Jason Vargas effing and blinding at a reporter and threatening to knock his lights out. Such ungentlemanly behaviour.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Seems our lowly position in the National League and throwing away the lead against the Cubs lead to Mets manager Mickey Callaway and pitcher Jason Vargas effing and blinding at a reporter and threatening to knock his lights out. Such ungentlemanly behaviour.

Braves are in town on Friday for 3 with the Mets. They could make it even worse:)

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I'm going Saturday. Feel like a bit of a fraud as about 10 years ago I was a big Red Sox fan. Couldn't really name any players now. Buzzing though.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Booooooooo! Four game sweep by the D'backs, please.

Interesting that the Twins are now 8 games ahead of the Indians and it looks like Minnesota will ease into a First place finish in the American League Central Division. Nobody thought they were this good at the beginning of the season but the Twins may be spending more time thinking about how to do well in the post season playoffs than how they will finish the regular season.

Sorry, just realized I quoted the wrong post. It was originally about Cleveland & Minnesota battling for the AL Central Division first place finish.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Disappointing loss last night in Kansas, but the Twins are still an astonishing 50-27 and lead the ALC by 8 games. I have to give my head a wobble every time I see them now, they are actually a FUN team to watch.

Braves will be playing the Twins in August. Could be an interesting match up!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm going to Belushi's at London Bridge Friday night.
Lools like a great event they are putting on there
7pm till 3am
I will be wearing my birds on the bat

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Cubs got one back from the Braves last night. And there was a bench clearing handbag moment when words were exchanged between the catchers when the Cubby catcher belted a home run. Very fragile these baseball players:)

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Yankees Red Sox game in London getting quite a bit of media coverage in the US. Hope the Evil Empire get spanked by the Red Sox

London Yanks Redsox.JPG

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here