Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What’s a Fusion and why is it banned?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
We should be celebrating the young mans entrepreneurial nous. He has a lot to learn about improving his top line and calculating risk but time is on his side so all credit to him....he'll go far.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Half the threads on here turn to name calling and nastiness, without knowing if the other person is vulnerable in any way.

It's hardly moderated

There are a team of volunteer moderators, this has been flagged to them and legal issues for example are locked down , rightly , within minutes and other important issues are often dealt with promptly (racism, homophobia, trolling etc) . I think its more urgent than most of the back and forth on here because it involves a) child b) they are positively identified c) there's a risk of revealing more personal information / attracting more abuse d) there's been a credible implication that the person involved here is vulnerable. (whether you sympathise with him or disbelieve that - is not relevant)

Perhaps i'm being over cautious. But its not true to say NSC is "hardly moderated" . Its one of the best and well run moderated football forums out there.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
As someone who suffers from an anxiety disorder and panic attacks, I feel I can give first hand evidence that it doesn't in fact induce fraud.

What a ****tard. Mind you, he's 17 so a short ban and a second chance probably in order.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are a team of volunteer moderators, this has been flagged to them and legal issues for example are locked down , rightly , within minutes and other important issues are often dealt with promptly (racism, homophobia, trolling etc) . I think its more urgent than most of the back and forth on here because it involves a) child b) they are positively identified c) there's a risk of revealing more personal information / attracting more abuse d) there's been a credible implication that the person involved here is vulnerable. (whether you sympathise with him or disbelieve that - is not relevant)

Perhaps i'm being over cautious. But its not true to say NSC is "hardly moderated" . Its one of the best and well run moderated football forums out there.

I can see where you are coming from but there is nothing on this thread to identify him, except his own tweet. He has now deleted his Twitter account and seemingly Youtube as well.
I first found out about this on Twitter, where there was a lot more information.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

The thread is being monitored, action will be taken if it is deemed to be appropriate or necessary.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can see where you are coming from but there is nothing on this thread to identify him, except his own tweet. He has now deleted his Twitter account and seemingly Youtube as well.
I first found out about this on Twitter, where there was a lot more information.
YouTube account still looks active.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The greatest gif ever sums up my thoughts on all this

cf63559b772d4eabe7395b4d50c4eb19.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A 17 year old made a mistake, one he’ll always regret.

I’m glad that the club tackle this menace of away fans getting tickets as they please in home sections, this time en masse. Bans like this will hopefully curtail many of the others at it. All very predictable months ahead ... despite not being able to sell out many Etihad matches, their fans suddenly became interested in seeing their team. Going by TV images on the day, they were overtly arrogant about it in home areas such as ESL.

I hope this lad doesn’t allow himself to read the trolls spite and is back following the Albion as soon as he can.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Comparing actions is never a reasonable idea. He may be suffering from ailments similar to what other people have experienced, but comparing how those ailments have affected one person have no relevance when talking about his actions. Who knows what he felt compelled to do, it's not reasonable to be trying to guess. Clearly, he needs to talk to someone about his issues and hopefully this will be the wake up call. He made a bad decision and he's paying the price for it, but let's not decide the kid's no good and never will be.

And for the record, I don't know him - don't think I've met him and don't intend to. But I don't like the idea of people with no knowledge of his situation making definitive comments about him. I'm sure he'll read this thread and I want him, and everyone else, to know that I'm only an IM away.

Thoughtful post, from a decent person I’d hazard a guess.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
His videos occasionally came-up on my You Tube feed and although they made me cringe I took the view that they weren't aimed at people my age. While I have no sympathy for ticket touting, which is in effect what he did but rather unsuccessfully if he only made £350 on 17 tickets, I don't want to see this kid's life ruined for being a naive fool. Clearly the Albion was his life, so I would advocate the club showing mercy and dramatically reducing his ban on condition that it never happens again.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Growing up is always a struggle, especially as a teenager, long time ago but I’m sure I made loads of mistakes. Thing is these days these seem amplified through social media, finding your identity through public media trying to impress others must be an odd existence. I do hope that the lessons learned from chasing that need for attention have been absorbed and reflected on. It would be sad if the negative energy fuelled the need to maintain a public persona.
Hope he is able to step away from this bubble and reflect on what and who he is. Sounds like he needs a lot of support from family and friends to get a grip on reality.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
This mental health defence is getting very tired. It seems that everyone who commits an offence from sexual assault to bank robbery cites their underlying anxiety, depression or phobia as the reason they did it.

If you’ve put up a black it can actually be because you are greedy, dishonest or stupid. It seems like this lad is a bit of all three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here