• Neither

Votes: 32 13.3%
  • Neutral

Votes: 60 25.0%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So they were all just albion fans before the amex era. They just never went to the matches?
Oh I see, you've actually got no evidence, you just made it up. I'll try and explain it to you:

I used to go to the Goldstone - not as often as I'd have liked, as I was young and couldn't always go. We were at the Withdean for over 10 years, and I had a season ticket for only about 4 of them, as I lived in London and the Withdean was shit. For the last two years I shared a season ticket with another fan (we had 2 STs, dropped to 1) as kids meant we couldn't go as much as we'd have liked. Now I've had 2 season tickets (one for me, one to take one of my kids) for the last 7 years.

So just for my family, we're taking up a good 5 times as many seats as we used to (permanently 2 seats, as opposed to 1 seat sometimes). I have some other Brighton friends who have supported the club longer than me, but they'd only go to the Withdean a few times a year, and now they have season tickets, along with a ticket for their offspring. They never supported anyone else. Neither have their children.

It's not complicated.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who did you and your friends support whilst The albion were doing shit?
Brighton. They just didn't go very often. I used to go to the Withdean out of loyalty. It was a miserable experience when we were playing poorly and the weather was shit.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No offence, but I'm sorry if I've wound you up. I'm just speaking my perspective on a matter which ultimately boils down to an opinion you and I will never prove or disprove.

No need to start swearing and name calling. It's only Spurs....

If it's an opinion, why have you stated it is a fact here?

You may struggle with this but most albion fans these days follow another club.

Yes it's shit, but thats the truth. Drivel or not.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You may struggle with this but most albion fans these days follow another club.

Yes it's shit, but thats the truth.
I'm just speaking my perspective on a matter which ultimately boils down to an opinion you and I will never prove or disprove.
Well at least you've backed down to 'an opinion', which is a fair way from stating it as fact that most of our fans follow another club.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some of the best days of my life were at the WIthdean.

Didn't we win 3 league titles there?
Yeah there were some good times, but there were shit times too. And you may not have noticed while there, but we didn't actually have 30 thousand seats. For those who didn't have a season ticket, getting a ticket was a pain, and many thought they simply wouldn't get one. It was a long way from the POTG we had at the Goldstone.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Gotta be Tottenham. To think they done what they done all season without spending a single pound and relying on a cheating **** to get penalties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The money thing is impressive, but don't kid yourself about diving. Song, Kane and Moura have all been booked for diving in the box this season. Thankfully VAR is coming.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
For those who didn't have a season ticket, getting a ticket was a pain, and many thought they simply wouldn't get one. It was a long way from the POTG we had at the Goldstone.

Not true. You could get a ticket from the ticket office on the day very easily for the Withdean. Do you not remember when 'bums on seats' used to be a regular discussion on Harty's moan in's after the games? Evening games which were on at the same time as CL games were getting some very low attendances. It was the Gus bus which got the crowds back.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not true. You could get a ticket from the ticket office on the day very easily for the Withdean. Do you not remember when 'bums on seats' used to be a regular discussion on Harty's moan in's after the games? Evening games which were on at the same time as CL games were getting some very low attendances. It was the Gus bus which got the crowds back.

Absolute unadulterated tosh.

On another thread, today [MENTION=14113]Tom Hark Preston Park [/MENTION]has related the story of the 2002 final game when we were promoted under Peter Taylor. A Gloucester based Seagull bought tickets from Swindon so they could hide away amongst the away fans, because they couldn't get tickets in the home ends.

Btw just to add, I started watching the Albion in 1961 at the Goldsone, as did many others of my generation, who go to the Amex.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Absolute unadulterated tosh.

On another thread, today [MENTION=14113]Tom Hark Preston Park [/MENTION]has related the story of the 2002 final game when we were promoted under Peter Taylor. A Gloucester based Seagull bought tickets from Swindon so they could hide away amongst the away fans, because they couldn't get tickets in the home ends.

Yeah, but we won the league that year. Check the attendances 4 years later when times weren't so glamourous. I used to go to the ueens rd ticket office, on the day, to get my ticket. Strange how fans are now pretending the Withdean was always a sell out? I guess I must have been hallucinating all those empty seats on both wings of the south stand? and there was me thinking it was handy having all those empty seats when you wanted to sit next to your mate who had a seat number nowhere near yours?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah, but we won the league that year. Check the attendances 4 years later when times weren't so glamourous. I used to go to the ueens rd ticket office, on the day, to get my ticket. Strange how fans are now pretending the Withdean was always a sell out. I myst have been hallucinating all those empty seats on both wings of the south stand. and there was me thinking it was handy having all those empty seats when you wanted to sit next to your mate who had a seat number nowhere near yours?

Nobody has ever pretended that Withdean was a sell out every time. Who in their right minds would want to sit in the pouring rain to watch Leyton Orient or Gillingham?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Nobody has ever pretended that Withdean was a sell out every time. Who in their right minds would want to sit in the pouring rain to watch Leyton Orient or Gillingham?

Yeah there were some good times, but there were shit times too. And you may not have noticed while there, but we didn't actually have 30 thousand seats. For those who didn't have a season ticket, getting a ticket was a pain, and many thought they simply wouldn't get one. It was a long way from the POTG we had at the Goldstone.

:shootself

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Brighton. They just didn't go very often. I used to go to the Withdean out of loyalty. It was a miserable experience when we were playing poorly and the weather was shit.

Agreed Triggaar, I am exactly the same as you and I know many the same. I would also throw in the having babies factor which meant I was not at liberty to go many matches, maybe 4 or 5 a season in the WIthdean years. Since the kids are grown-up I and my pals have got ourselves season tickets. What's the mystery?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Agreed Triggaar, I am exactly the same as you and I know many the same. I would also throw in the having babies factor which meant I was not at liberty to go many matches, maybe 4 or 5 a season in the WIthdean years. Since the kids are grown-up I and my pals have got ourselves season tickets. What's the mystery?

You're definitely a Spurs fan.

That's how the logic works, right?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have many mates (believe it or not) who have dipped in and out of having season tickets, both at Withdean and the Amex. Not one of them has the slightest bit of interest in any other team other than BHA, except for one, who is a lifelong West Ham fan. He had a season ticket at the Amex for a couple of seasons as he just liked seeing live football, but gave it up about 5 years ago due to work.

This notion that "most" STH's are actually fans of Spurs/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool etc is complete and utter bobbins. There'll be a few dotted around no doubt, but thats certainly not something unique to BHA.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Or maybe he just didn't go a lot like many when we were at the WIthdean?

So I am a Spurs fan, but had a season ticket to Gillingham and Withdean for the first 4 years as couldn't afford Spurs every week/to young to go to London every week and enjoyed watching live football.

How does that work?

Leeds fan?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
So I am a Spurs fan, but had a season ticket to Gillingham and Withdean for the first 4 years as couldn't afford Spurs every week/to young to go to London every week and enjoyed watching live football.

How does that work?

Leeds fan?

Only you can answer that. Maybe you've got relatives who're spurs fans? or maybe you were around in the days when Nicholson was their manager? I really don't know why you also support spurs? In truth I couldn't care less, I just hope Spurs don't win the CL so we can continue to win over support from our catchment area better than we have been doing in the past. Why is that a problem?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here