Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What’s going on with Jose?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I saw that and he got the player replacements for tonight spot on, but given how we don’t pick injured players how did he make the bench?

I understand that with the type of injury he’s got he can only come inside on to his right foot and shoot. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
This is the problem with modern day football, in the old days someone would have met the players at a Worthing night club and got some decent, although p1ssed, info off them and we would have an idea of the in's and outs of a ducks rs, where as now we are guessing................

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
We take off AJ (which was a good decision and could have been much earlier!) and do we bring in the winger on the bench when we need to attack? No - a full back who we play in attack. Jose must be so off form, so why have him on the bench?

Hang on, just days ago, or less, people were criticising Hughton’s unimaginative tactic of taking off a winger and replacing with a winger, tries something different and he’s still got it wrong!

Can’t get it right for getting it wrong in some eyes!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hang on, just days ago, or less, people were criticising Hughton’s unimaginative tactic of taking off a winger and replacing with a winger, tries something different and he’s still got it wrong!

Can’t get it right for getting it wrong in some eyes!

In fairness the full back posed more of a goal threat than the winger he replaced too

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is the problem with modern day football, in the old days someone would have met the players at a Worthing night club and got some decent, although p1ssed, info off them and we would have an idea of the in's and outs of a ducks rs, where as now we are guessing................

Watch [MENTION=12474]The Gem[/MENTION] for info. Very accurate posts so far.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
We take off AJ (which was a good decision and could have been much earlier!) and do we bring in the winger on the bench when we need to attack? No - a full back who we play in attack. Jose must be so off form, so why have him on the bench?

My theory based on no evidence whatsoever, is that CH is pissed off with him not stepping up to take a penalty against Millwall, and punishing him accordingly.

This may be completely untrue

Carrying an injury and requiring a knee operation in the summer according to someone apparently ITK on the match thread.

Why waste a subs place on him then? I’d rather we had kept Connolly and put him on the bench.

Why doesn’t he have the op now then?

Biggest loss all season

Izzy has a Knee injury that needs an operation, and apparently he wont have it until the summer !!!!!

I said on the match thread, if my sauce is correct this is utter madness. Get him operated on now and have him ready for pre season training.

With the substitutions used last night defender for a winger with a winger on the bench, this may be true about Izzy.

If true "Get him OFF the bloody bench" if you're not going to use him !!!!!!

On a side note, God knows what the team will be on Saturday !!!!!!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Izzy has a Knee injury that needs an operation, and apparently he wont have it until the summer !!!!!

I said on the match thread, if my sauce is correct this is utter madness. Get him operated on now and have him ready for pre season training.

With the substitutions used last night defender for a winger with a winger on the bench, this may be true about Izzy.

If true "Get him OFF the bloody bench" if you're not going to use him !!!!!!

On a side note, God knows what the team will be on Saturday !!!!!!

Why on earth would we have him on the bench if he isn't fit to play 20 minutes? Just seems completely ridiculous.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why on earth would we have him on the bench if he isn't fit to play 20 minutes? Just seems completely ridiculous.

Fit enough to come off the bench for 20 minutes if there is something to retrieve in the game, but not if we're already 3-0 down?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Fit enough to come off the bench for 20 minutes if there is something to retrieve in the game, but not if we're already 3-0 down?

We were crying out for a roll of the dice cameo from him on Saturday that never came though.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Surely he needs games to get back to full fitness? Seemed the perfect opportunity to get him some minutes, in a game that had already gone. Instead we bring on a left-back and play him in on the wing.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What about March, how bad is his injury?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That sounds like a fair guess. I've felt that the players we need most against City, are Andone and Jose, to hit them on the break (or at least get out of our half). Ahead of Saturday there wasn't much point wasting Jose when the game was already lost, but if there had been a point to play for it would have been worth the risk.

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton
I'm convinced he no longer wants to play for Brighton.

Body language is everything. Look at the lack of passion when we scored the equaliser at Millwall/beat them on pens.
Schelotto was his best mate down here and it seems that all went a bit sour, maybe that had an effect?
Don't think he enjoys the defensive duties that come with being a Brighton winger either.

I know he's been unlucky with injury but he just doesn't seem like the happy dude he started out to be anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here