Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet still chasing Buckley?

Dec 29, 2011
Meh. Hopefully he'll share some of the parachute payment love and we'll invest it in someone who is more consistent.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He won't have too much trouble catching him, Will will pull a hamstring after 100 yards.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Buckley is unplayable on his day. Unfortunately, inconsistent form and hamstrings made of paper mean it's not his day as often as anyone would like.

If we get a generous offer I'd be open to him leaving if we can find someone suitable to replace him, but otherwise I'd be happier to keep him.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
What worries me most is the fact this his hamstrings seem to be getting worse each season, not better. I remember when he first joined and it was blamed partly to growth spurts, but it's obviously something much more serious than that. Another couple of seasons like this and surely his future as a professional footballer must be up in the air? Which would be devastating as such a talent when at his best.

Let's hope I'm completely wrong. :thumbsup:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What worries me most is the fact this his hamstrings seem to be getting worse each season, not better. I remember when he first joined and it was blamed partly to growth spurts, but it's obviously something much more serious than that. Another couple of seasons like this and surely his future as a professional footballer must be up in the air? Which would be devastating as such a talent when at his best.

Let's hope I'm completely wrong. :thumbsup:

He's not up to a fight on the pitch so very much doubt he is on the treatment table. Last time he not so much limped off he wimped off. Vicente number 2.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
William, William Buckley’s hamstrings go easily. Da Da Did Da Da, Da Da Did Da Da etc

Seriously though, great player but I'm not confident he will ever be injury free.

If Gus could do us another favour and put in a good bid like he did for Bridcutt, I would take the money.

Dec 29, 2011
William, William Buckley’s hamstrings go easily. Da Da Did Da Da, Da Da Did Da Da etc

Seriously though, great player but I'm not confident he will ever be injury free.

If Gus could do us another favour and put in a good bid like he did for Bridcutt, I would take the money.

You're not allowed to say that! When he scores two goals or puts in a half decent performance sometime in the distance future, a smug smart arse is going to bounce this and use your post against you.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Let's give him away for nothing and say that for every game he completes without injury, we knock a million off a fee of £10m. Once he gets injured we get whatever amount the figure stands at.

That way we should get about £10m for him. :wozza:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The problem is even with the correct strengthening exercises and learning how to manage them to a degree, dodgy hamstrings are always there. You are never anywhere near 100% fit.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
The problem is even with the correct strengthening exercises and learning how to manage them to a degree, dodgy hamstrings are always there. You are never anywhere near 100% fit.

With the persistent trouble Will s having Id imagine the underlying cause is yet to be found
Muscular Imbalance somewhere Resulting in ,hamstrings the weak point failing
Can't just be the playing surfaces Can it ?
Who are our physios / doctors at the moment ?
What's their hypothesis on WB s injury woes

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I think we may actually have got more playing time out of Vicente this season than we did Will this season had he signed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here