Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nonsense. Sunderland under Allardyce was a lot worse.

The problem with a lengthy spell in the Prem is that people start to get ideas above their station. But I'm sure that won't be a problem for your lot.

Some will, of course - that's the way it goes. In the same way some of your fellow fans would pop up here and, seriously it seems, speak about Palace challenging for a place in Europe.

I think most right-minded Albion fans will be well aware that each and every season is one where relegation is a reasonable possibility.

Stoke and West Brom were both solid mid-table Premier League teams who, as best I can recall without actually researching it, had a string of relatively comfortable seasons but, ultimately, things caught up with them.

Outside the top 6, even Everton and Leicester have had troubled spells where relegation became a real concern leading to emergency action being taken. We're just like the other 12-14 clubs in this division that will always be thinking about staying out of the bottom three before we think about anything else.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

"Palace have been open to moving the £120,000-a-week Belgian forward on in recent transfer windows but a new deal will protect his value and ensure he does not leave for free next summer.

Centre back Tomkins, 30, joined Palace from West Ham for £10m in the same summer as Benteke.

His current deal, worth in the region of £70,000-per-week, runs until 2021 but he has also been earmarked for talks over an extended contract."

Got to assume both of those deals have got to come with massive pay cuts. There is no way Barndoor can still be worth £120,000 per week.

Protect his value!?! He has scored 4 goals in two seasons, what do they possibly think they are going to get offered for a 28/29 year old on that wage who isn't scoring goals?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"Palace have been open to moving the £120,000-a-week Belgian forward on in recent transfer windows but a new deal will protect his value and ensure he does not leave for free next summer.

Centre back Tomkins, 30, joined Palace from West Ham for £10m in the same summer as Benteke.

His current deal, worth in the region of £70,000-per-week, runs until 2021 but he has also been earmarked for talks over an extended contract."

Got to assume both of those deals have got to come with massive pay cuts. There is no way Barndoor can still be worth £120,000 per week.

Protect his value!?! He has scored 4 goals in two seasons, what do they possibly think they are going to get offered for a 28/29 year old on that wage who isn't scoring goals?

And a relegation clause.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
£120k a week for that useless lump Benteke. 4 goals in 2 years, but with the gargantuan contract they've given him, they know they'll NEVER get shot of him other than on a free. So they still throw good money after bad on a new deal to "tie him down".

The way they run the finances at that club is genuinely astonishing.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Where were you when Nsc was oerating from January to May this year?

I was taking a break, for the benefit of my mental health.

An NSC poster who I used to respect posted something deeply offensive relating to a fatal incident I was involved with 30 years ago.

I found this very difficult to deal with, so I decided to focus on positive things instead.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

An NSC poster who I used to respect posted something deeply offensive relating to a fatal incident I was involved with 30 years ago.

I found this very difficult to deal with, so I decided to focus on positive things instead.

I'm very sorry to read that.

In that time period, the vast majority of Brighton fans were worried about relegation so there was no one getting ideas above their station.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The problem with a lengthy spell in the Prem is that people start to get ideas above their station.

True. Have you heard how much some Palace fans value Zaha at? Ludicrous. He's a decent mid-level Prem winger, nothing wrong with that. £30-35m would be decent business for him.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

I think we should offer to help pay Tompkins wages to keep him at Palace.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
£120k a week for that useless lump Benteke. 4 goals in 2 years, but with the gargantuan contract they've given him, they know they'll NEVER get shot of him other than on a free. So they still throw good money after bad on a new deal to "tie him down".

The way they run the finances at that club is genuinely astonishing.

Surely these players will have seen how signing a new contract worked for Zaha and should be having serious doubts? Or it is just greed? Or bad advice with the agent wanting their share?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

I hope you're doing OK?

Football's a game - a sport - yes we all love it and when Palace lose we have a laugh and a dig, but in the grand scheme of things it's really not that important.

Your family and your health, be that physical or mental are far more important.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here