Votes: 104 39.4%
  • Worse than expected

Votes: 80 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Seems to have made a large number of promises, to the Scots, Welsh farmers, police, EU nationals, etc. with little evidence that he will deliver upon them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not really sure he's done anything of note – certainly not anything that has made a difference to anyone. But's he's good at shouting his mouth off and fooling people into thinking he knows what he's on about – to be fair, it would be weird if he DIDN'T do that! He's had a go at the opposition leader in HoC (standard); made a load of promises that probably won't come true (see every political leader in history?) and is banging on SO much about leaving the EU on 31st of October, that it's more than likely we'll still be in on 1st November.

To be honest, I'm still getting over the fact that the guy got the job of running the country, but that's another matter.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Was hoping some of his fantasy brexit rhetoric would fade after he got elected but sadly he's even more useless than I predicted.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Considering his many critics think he is an incompetent buffoon, who has no real beliefs other than what's good for Boris (with some justification), I have been surprised at how ruthlessly efficient he has been. All within the first few weeks - Big restructure/cull in the cabinet/government, setting up his new team many from the victorious leave referendum campaign, setting out numerous populist domestic policy announcements, setting out a clear positive line on Brexit all in preparation for a likely imminent General election. Many challenges to come obviously but Boris and his team clearly have a sense of direction and purpose and have hit the ground running.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
From his opening speech to Parliament, I assume he's found the magic money tree that the Tories kept saying Labour would need.

Beat me to it

And it’s a ruddy big tree

Great isn’t it. I assumed T May wasn’t lying

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Boris Johnson is no buffoon but he has used that persona over years to cover his dark, ruthless, self obsessed narcissism.
He does what he does for the greater good of Boris - and what he has done so far is predictable.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I was expecting a chorus of shambles from the moment he was appointed but quite the opposite seems to have happened. He delivered a great opening speech as the new prime minister and looks like he'll do a better job than May did in trying to unify the government on completing a brexit, he's also advised them to get behind him and help or watch it fail so he can appear to have done his best to save us. A very clever political play

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Going around the country promising the world that he won't deliver.
Even the A303 is going to be duelled (again)
Suddenly we have money to burn which was probably, who knows, there all along.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Crap.

Lies, lies and more lies.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well, he is lovable isn't he, just like one of the family.

What's not to like. :shrug:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Considering his many critics think he is an incompetent buffoon, who has no real beliefs other than what's good for Boris (with some justification), I have been surprised at how ruthlessly efficient he has been. All within the first few weeks - Big restructure/cull in the cabinet/government, setting up his new team many from the victorious leave referendum campaign, setting out numerous populist domestic policy announcements, setting out a clear positive line on Brexit all in preparation for a likely imminent General election. Many challenges to come obviously but Boris and his team clearly have a sense of direction and purpose and have hit the ground running.

That assumes you take what he says at face value. Personally I don't believe a word that comes out of his gob.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as expected, made a lot of noise without substance. too early to judge really.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
To be honest I would say better than expected. I always liked his commitment to getting Brexit done, but I wasn't sure about the rest of the job.

It's not exactly that he has done much wildly good, but I have found politics has become refreshingly calm - compared to the situation under May which was absolute non-stop chaos and confusion.

It's still to be determined whether he can be considered a good PM, it's probably too early to say. But he has, at least so far, made things more stable, IMO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is making Corbyn look liike a desperate old man trying to gain power through the back door. I think BJ will win a vote of no confidence as I do not think the wimp Tory MPs like Hammond will put their jobs on the line and will abstain in a vote. I obviously could be wrong and way off the mark but that is my opinion of how it will go.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

As I have said before, if I call a leaver thick and gullible people like you complain. But, you really don’t make it easy for me with posts like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here