Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we all become veggies?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We have been veggie since Christmas and I can honestly say there is so much choice that I have not missed meat however we were finding our weight was gaining a little as our Carb intake had increased so a couple of weeks back we started a Keto vegetarian diet no complex carbs that's no bread,wheat,rice,potatoes, pasta, crisps,biscuits, beer and nothing sweet ,it's basically cheese and kale two weeks in and I'm starving!

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I also love these, Linda MaCartney how long has it been since she passed away must be 20 years well you really have to hand it to her as I just checked the packet in our freezer and they are still in date

They're actually made from 100% free range hand-reared Linda in several acres on a Peasmarsh farm, Mull of Kintyre, C Moon, Coming Up and the Live and Let Die theme piped on repeat at an acceptable volume through speakers placed around the facility.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've had Impossible burgers before - at least I'm pretty sure I have, but the one I had today (in Busch Gardens, Tampa) was extraordinary.

I think it's the first time in over 25 years of being a veggie where I ate a veggie burger and thought "I could be eating meat here". I love a burger and have eaten numerous varieties of veggie burger over the years, but none were like this.

The Impossible Whopper has rolled out nationally in the US now and I'll be trying to grab one before I head home in time for the West Ham game.

Dec 29, 2011
We have been veggie since Christmas and I can honestly say there is so much choice that I have not missed meat however we were finding our weight was gaining a little as our Carb intake had increased so a couple of weeks back we started a Keto vegetarian diet no complex carbs that's no bread,wheat,rice,potatoes, pasta, crisps,biscuits, beer and nothing sweet ,it's basically cheese and kale two weeks in and I'm starving!

Crisps, biscuits and beer aren't complex carbs. Complex carbs are actually perfectly fine, it's the simple carbs you'll want to cut out.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My wife is doing a veggie week for us influenced by Jamie Oliver’s new book. Tonight she did a Mushroom Wellington. It was lovely but apparently very time consuming.

Does anyone think that was a bit like a BG post.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've had Impossible burgers before - at least I'm pretty sure I have, but the one I had today (in Busch Gardens, Tampa) was extraordinary.

I think it's the first time in over 25 years of being a veggie where I ate a veggie burger and thought "I could be eating meat here". I love a burger and have eaten numerous varieties of veggie burger over the years, but none were like this.

The Impossible Whopper has rolled out nationally in the US now and I'll be trying to grab one before I head home in time for the West Ham game.

The vegan burgers at Bison are something else. Perfect for Monday mornings and, indeed, any other time of the week :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here