Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] And suddenly the horizon seems bright... what a time to be a Seagulls fan

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
What impressed me was how much further up the pitch we played. Thus we looked far more potent. The players looked superior to last season. The improvement is there for all (except a miserable few) to see. Have we really got to wait so long for the next game?

:bhasign:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
And as Brighton fans we all know what's coming after we get too excited from one win. Bah humbug. I'm still not convinced VAR won't wipe off all 3 goals from yesterday and award Watford a penalty goal.

FWIW, my Watford neighbour said we fully deserved yesterday's result.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Staying on the bird theme one Swallow doesn’t make a summer....

(Mind you, it was a damn good result)

No you’re right but it can make for a happy man

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed things do seem to be falling into place, including the fixtures. To get Watford after their poor season finish then Cup Final drubbing. Next up West Ham who just got walloped by Citeh and after that Southampton who'll probably get tonked by Liverpool beforehand.

But it is important to remember that these are good sides. And teams like Brighton can't expect (etc etc).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
“Fine margins”

“a club at our level”

“These are a good side”

This is what we could have heard yesterday if we hadn’t made the change.

expelliarmus.gif

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The new dawn has started with a beautiful sunny day but you know how quickly that can change with storm clouds quickly appearing. I’m sun bathing whilst it lasts and hopefully the clouds will hold off for a while :smile:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Yes we are a Premier League team now so that should be the focus. The past is history, we’ll never forget it (I have some great memories watching us at the Goldstone as a boy) but we move on.

Or are you suggesting that we’re just plucky old Brighton and to be merely grateful for being in the PL and to roll over for other teams?

Thankfully Mr Bloom has a bit more ambition and vision then that.

UTA

Not what I was suggesting. As fans we didn't actually suffer anything last season - we had disappointments but we are playing in the top division at an amazing stadium under an owner who has pockets to match his vision. If that's suffering then maybe it's ok to think we "deserve" better. But not lets get all entitled.

Up The Albion.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just watched Goals on Sunday, high praise for GP, from none other than the Dancing Queen himself, Pardew.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As an added bonus we get to see the all knowing knee jerk pundits who slaughtered us for offing Hughton eat solid crow for a while.
I honestly wouldn't mind their criticism of Bloom for sacking Hughton if it wasn't for the fact that the hypocritical living thieves (those who steal a living) were in the middle of lambasting Chris when he was sacked.

The lack of knowledge by so many pundits is really starting to grate.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We reminded me a lot of Huddersfield those first 10/12 games in the Premier League
I seem to remember they won their first game, but that was against the shittest team in the division. What were the other 10 like, I've forgotten - did they win quite a few?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I seem to remember they won their first game, but that was against the shittest team in the division. What were the other 10 like, I've forgotten - did they win quite a few?

Saturday 31st August, Man City away. That might rein in some expectations.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Palace and Newcastle beat Citeh last season. It's not an impossibility that we can do the same. Doubtful, but not impossible.

Indeed, and because of that I think Guadiola will be far more ruthless this season.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The new dawn has started with a beautiful sunny day but you know how quickly that can change with storm clouds quickly appearing. I’m sun bathing whilst it lasts and hopefully the clouds will hold off for a while :smile:

After watching that yesterday, its factor 50 for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here