Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ryan

Montoya Duffy Dunk Burn March

Stephens Propper

Maupay Andone Trossard

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wouldn't start Mooy just yet, I'd like to see what Stephens and Propper could do with real pace in front of them.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ryan
Bernardo Duffy Dunk Burn
Stephens Pröpper March
Groß Trossard
Locadia​

subs: Button, Montoya, Webster, Kayal, Andone, Murray, Jahanbakhsh

Two changes: Mooy for Kayal, Maupay for Jahanbakhsh.

Not the best team, just the one vs Watford

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Watford team have neither Deulofeu nor Pereyra fully match fit with neither likely to play 90 mins. Good news considering what the latter did to us last year and what the former is capable of (eh...Wolves?). New sicknote signing Danny Wellbeck unlikely to be fit before the clocks change.

They have signed Craig Dawson from West Brom who will form a solid CB pairing with Cathcart. Doucoure is very good in CM and Watford resisted their old manager's attempts to lure him to Everton. He missed the game at the Amex last season and we battered them 0-0, thanks to their other star...Ben Foster.

Will Hughes always plays well against us.

Hornets fans appear a bit..meh about the new season, some still with a hangover from the Cup Final. They fear they have an ageing team and are in that mid-table PL space of complacency and adjusted expectations of a team who are, relative to their size and history, seriously overperforming. The only way is down. I'll travel more in hope than expectation. 2-1 Watford sounds about right but will be yelling hard for summat' better.

PG

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Difficult not putting Dunk in ,but if Maguire goes then so does Lewis i'm afraid .

Ryan
Montoya
Duffy
Burn
Bernardo
Trossard
Stephens
Gross
Izquierdo
Propper
Locadia

Subs Button Richards Murray Bong (Webster) Andone March

Maguire went. I assume Dunk shuffled out yesterday with nobody noticing. The club buried bad news by announcing the Amex deal

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
According to fans on the Terriers website, Mooy isn't match sharp at all. Looked disinterested and not wanting to play for them in Championship. Probably significant part of reason for loan plus getting high wages of the books to get Chalobah.

Or perhaps Mooy was doing a Duffy

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Maguire went. I assume Dunk shuffled out yesterday with nobody noticing. The club buried bad news by announcing the Amex deal

Here we go the first of the all seeing aftertimers :wozza:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Massively confused by people suggesting Andone starts..... I like Andone but I don’t see what he has done in pre-season to justify starting ahead of Murray who has settled into the new system with Locadia and Trossard quite effectively.

Ryan

Duffy
Dunk
Burn

Montoya
Propper
Stephens
March

Locadia
Murray
Trossard

Button, Webster, Bernardo, Mooy, AJ, Maupay, Andone

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Think it'll be :

Ryan

Burn
Dunk
Duffy

Montoya
Stephens
Propper
March

Trossard
Murray
Locadia

Thinking - too early to chuck Maupay, Mooy and Webster in.......and not sure about Bernardo as didn't figure in pre-season much ?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Massively confused by people suggesting Andone starts..... I like Andone but I don’t see what he has done in pre-season to justify starting ahead of Murray who has settled into the new system with Locadia and Trossard quite effectively.

Ryan

Duffy
Dunk
Burn

Montoya
Propper
Stephens
March

Locadia
Murray
Trossard

That would be my starting line up too. No place for Groß?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Ryan

Duffy
Dunk
Burn

Montoya
Propper
Stephens
March

Locadia
Murray
Trossard

For me it’s more hope that Andone starts. He didn’t get a fair crack last season and I was really hoping he would this season as I really rate him.

I agree with you that is the side that is likely to start tomorrow based on pre season.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I think it'll be this:

Ryan

Duffy
Dunk
Burn

Montoya
Propper
Stephens
March

Trossard
Maupay
Locadia

Subs: Button, Bernardo, Webster, Mooy, Gross, Andone, Murray

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For me it’s more hope that Andone starts. He didn’t get a fair crack last season and I was really hoping he would this season as I really rate him.

I agree with you that is the side that is likely to start tomorrow based on pre season.

Andone and Maupay are in direct competition for the main striker position I reckon. Murray will probably get a few games before one of them is given a start and becomes first choice - likely to be Maupay IMO.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ryan
Montoya Duffy Dunk Bernardo
March Stephens Propper Trossard
Gross
Murray​

I know it will upset people, but I think we'll set up to be very solid and getting back behind Watford tomorrow. I don't think Potter-ball will materialise just yet. Experiments during pre-season yes, but this is points on the line. I think we might be more adventurous, but expecting a lot of defending and a lot of time without the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here