Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Webster *** Signed on 4 year deal ***

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Interesting signing but must admit just dont understand. We have no creative midfielder and a slow 37 year old centre forward. What do we do go and spend 20mill on a centre half . The one department that didnt need strengthening

Is it not possible that the club are, I dunno (hear me out)...working on some other deals behind the scenes...AT THE SAME TIME ?

Its a crazy thought I know, but it just...might...work...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What I like about this transfer is that in 12 months we're going to have Duffy, Dunk, Webster and probably Burn all with Premier League experience - and then Ben White and Matt Clarke to come back to us with a year of Championship experience so if we choose to sell any of our first three choices, we've got quality players to come in without the need for big fees.

Also, if we do go tumbling out of the Premier League and have a fire sale of the big earners, we will still have a strong, competitive squad without having to invest crazy sums of money. The planning is remarkable, fair play to the folks at the club and also remarkable we're able to invest throughout the team when we feel it is going to be a benefit for the club.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
What I like about this transfer is that in 12 months we're going to have Duffy, Dunk, Webster and probably Burn all with Premier League experience - and then Ben White and Matt Clarke to come back to us with a year of Championship experience so if we choose to sell any of our first three choices, we've got quality players to come in without the need for big fees.

Also, if we do go tumbling out of the Premier League and have a fire sale of the big earners, we will still have a strong, competitive squad without having to invest crazy sums of money. The planning is remarkable, fair play to the folks at the club and also remarkable we're able to invest throughout the team when we feel it is going to be a benefit for the club.

It'll be fascinating to see how Clarke and White get on- the top of the Championship is a serious business. If they both play the majority of the season, and excel, we're going to have an embarrassment of riches next year.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Interesting signing but must admit just dont understand. We have no creative midfielder and a slow 37 year old centre forward. What do we do go and spend 20mill on a centre half . The one department that didnt need strengthening
Which surely makes you think we're also trying to bring in other players, doesn't it?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It'll be fascinating to see how Clarke and White get on- the top of the Championship is a serious business. If they both play the majority of the season, and excel, we're going to have an embarrassment of riches next year.

We haven't really generated much cash in sales so far though - at some point, we will need to start making some sales to offset all the purchasing. The Knockaert cash will be available next summer (on the assumption we haven't got a clause to cancel the sale if we get relegated) and if we did go down, we'd easily generate the better part of £200million if we wanted to cash in, without then having to reinvest in multiple players. :thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Oh no pressure on a bloke who's played two seasons in the Championship, then.

This was the first article that popped up when I googled his name: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adam-webster-struggles-fill-aden-1914149

£22M.

Also found this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36462833

Coincidental.

The Albion look set to spend £22m having already spent £18m(?) on Trossard and you are still the world's most negative, miserable bar steward.

What will it take for The Albion to lift your miserable spirit? Before you say it-Hughton is not coming back

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Is it not possible that the club are, I dunno (hear me out)...working on some other deals behind the scenes...AT THE SAME TIME ?

Its a crazy thought I know, but it just...might...work...

Let's hope so because our weakest area from last season has yet to be strengthened

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

Our recruitment department is more than capable of tracking more than one player at a time ffs

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

And how has Murray suddenly aged 2 years in a summer break?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The team is close to having another 11 player squad out on loan.
From memory I think (unsurprisingly) the club is short a loanee right back and Stephens understudy, but obviously that gap is filled if Tudor goes on loan.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Have to say the youtube clip of his for 2018/2019 season it pretty bloody awesome... I know I know

But hes spraying it about with 50 yard passes with both feet and constantly driving out of defence with the ball.

Worth a watch for a few mins

I cant work out if he's a lefty or a right...

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Maguire signs for United.

Bugger.

I hope we keep Dunk as he’s perfect for our three at the back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
All the pieces are in place for Dunk to leave. The weekend will probably decide this one way or the other. Without any inside info whatsoever it looks to me like we are trying to spend our windfall. Hopefully that's wrong...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All the pieces are in place for Dunk to leave. The weekend will probably decide this one way or the other. Without any inside info whatsoever it looks to me like we are trying to spend our windfall. Hopefully that's wrong...

Reckon we’ll know at 6pm tonight. If he’s going, he won’t start. I don’t think he’s going, personally- this is our first choice back 3 complete, with Burn and Balogun (if he stays) as back up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here