Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Getting an albion joke into a grooms speech

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
You could ask her in the speech if she would like you to take her up the Albion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Some sort of Gully strip-o-gram. Strippers always go down well at weddings.
Obviously get them to take the bodysuit off first. Could be quite the sight, a naked Doris with a huge seagull head.

Just me then?

:-0

Last edited:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
We’re not just good together..... we’re ****ing brilliant.

Cue song if enough Brighton fans in attendance

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
"For the last 2 weeks, I made the point of turning away from all technology and media, and really focusing on thinking about our exciting future together. I decided to think about amazing examples of people working together to achieve something amazing. I am inspired by so many strong partnerships but there is one which I really feel can act as an amazing example of sticking together through thick and thin. A unity which I want to replicate with you, my wife.

That bond between Chris Hughton and my beloved Brighton and Ho......."

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
When I got married nearly 40 years ago, my best man painted a horrible but perhaps realistic picture of my demeanour when the Albion weren't doing well and went on to say that my wife had better realise that she was marrying me for better, for worse, and even if the Albion lose. ( And on that day we actually went down 4-1 at Liverpool...)

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Hi Nsc,

Im due to get married in a few weeks and sat currently writing my speech. The wife to be has banned the Albion from all parts of the wedding, wouldnt even let me have a blue and white striped cake !

So i intend to do what most married men do and start as i intend to go on and ignore her. I want to try and get at least 1 witty albion reference in there somewhere so am turning to you for help as im not much good with these things....

Anyone done this before or got any good ones?

Cheers all

Congrats, and maybe post the video of your speech later in the year? If you manage to Albion-reference the heck out of it?!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Keep your powder dry until the first dance - DJ plays GOSBTS

If she doesn’t see the funny side, you’ll know you’ve made the wrong choice :thumbsup:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
there must be something you can do about being caught offside or going down too easily

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Im due to get married in a few weeks and sat currently writing my speech. The wife to be has banned the Albion from all parts of the wedding, wouldnt even let me have a blue and white striped cake !
Call the wedding off.

So i intend to do what most married men do and start as i intend to go on and ignore her.
Ah ok, fair enough.
I want to try and get at least 1 witty albion reference in there somewhere so am turning to you for help as im not much good with these things....
Sorry, is that it? Please tell me that's not it.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Maybe instead of saying "I do", surprise and delight all the Albion fans attending the service by screaming "Stoooooorrreeeeeerrrr". It's sure to raise a smile on your fiancée's face.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
She's forbidden anything to do with the Albion? Are you sure you want to marry her?

Only within the wedding day !

She has already accepted my love for the albion and nothing will change that. Im still working on the albion wallpaper i have seen for my new office .......

Thanks for all best wishes

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I edited my groom's speech and opted not to say:

"It's fantastic having my favourite people in the world gathered here in Kent today... although they're currently one-nil down to Gillingham with above 15 minutes to play, which is pretty disappointing."

Oh well.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
A bit of self-deprecation goes down well - I’ve started best man’s speeches with excuse me if I’m a little nervous as I’m a Brighton fan and don’t usually see such big crowds... (I did them when this was probably true)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
When the Vicar says repeat after me and gets to 'For richer, for poorer' say 'For Richer, Zamora'. Trust me, she will find it well funny and give you a blowie on wedding night.

We had Sussex by the sea playing as we left the church, tables named after albion players (stick all the relatives you don't like on Jurgen Locadia) and a reference to Phil Prosser in the best man's speach. Plenty of opportunities.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hi Nsc,

So i intend to do what most married men do and start as i intend to go on and ignore her. I want to try and get at least 1 witty albion reference in there somewhere so am turning to you for help as im not much good with these things....

Anyone done this before or got any good ones?

Cheers all

Could always enter a plea of mitigation, 65 mins into your speech and come clean about your love affair.............................

Of the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here