Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Former Army man to be prosecuted!

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
which part do you consider "made up" ?

Oh no I'm being drawn into debate with Alf Misanthrope. I consider that you are making-up about him shouting abuse, and that he was a "dicker" for the PIRA (no account suggests this, and I saw a photo of his coffin with only a football shirt on it) and thirdly you made-up that I read an IRA newspaper. Oh and I note that you still haven't mentioned the PSNI report which in summary says that the soldier lied.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
yes , yes , yes nobody is arguing that , but can i ask when the bloke who tried to kill me in crossmaglen in 1983 is.going to be investigated and prosecuted for attempted murder ? , youre far from stupid mate so i can only conclude youre deliberately missing the point / reason ex squaddies are unhappy

I don't think I'm missing the point - I understand why you and your former comrades feel as you do.

Personally, if I'd like for anyone who is known, and evidenced, to be guilty of such crimes to be brought to account (on all sides) but understand why this can't happen (for the greater good and all that). The unfortunate fact that your assailant can't be brought to book for whatever reason, doesn't in my opinion mean that folk in different uniforms should necessarily be granted immunity from absolutely everything.

If we were talking about a case of something that happened during some form of violent engagement, then I'd be more inclined to agree with you - such things should be judged in a military context, by people with relevant experience. I don't (personally) believe that a person being shot in the back from 300m away, walking away from a check-point on the way to a GAA match, comes under that description, however mouthy he was.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Oh no I'm being drawn into debate with Alf Misanthrope. I consider that you are making-up about him shouting abuse, and that he was a "dicker" for the PIRA (no account suggests this, and I saw a photo of his coffin with only a football shirt on it) and thirdly you made-up that I read an IRA newspaper. Oh and I note that you still haven't mentioned the PSNI report which in summary says that the soldier lied.
the psni report says the soldiers account is "unlikely" not that he lied , the coffin with a football shirt on it , says it all , he was a sinn fein activist as has already been established so why no tricolour ? wouldnt be because its a golden propaganda opportunity to present the brits as murderous oppressers to gullible americans (and people with usernames that hint at irish heritage )and im making up tbat he shouted abuse , for a start i didnt say he shouted it , it would have been spoken , along the lines of who is shagging your wife while your out here , see we got o e of yours yesterday , theres a 1000 pound landmine with your name on it , those sort of pleasantries , now i speak from experience here , im told he did these things by people who were there , where do you gather your viewpoint from , your conviction that he didnt do these things and im making it up ?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
the psni report says the soldiers account is "unlikely" not that he lied , the coffin with a football shirt on it , says it all , he was a sinn fein activist as has already been established so why no tricolour ? wouldnt be because its a golden propaganda opportunity to present the brits as murderous oppressers to gullible americans (and people with usernames that hint at irish heritage )and im making up tbat he shouted abuse , for a start i didnt say he shouted it , it would have been spoken , along the lines of who is shagging your wife while your out here , see we got o e of yours yesterday , theres a 1000 pound landmine with your name on it , those sort of pleasantries , now i speak from experience here , im told he did these things by people who were there , where do you gather your viewpoint from , your conviction that he didnt do these things and im making it up ?

Oh OK Alf, I'm sure the court will be calling you to give evidence. He obviously deserved to be shot in the back.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Oh OK Alf, I'm sure the court will be calling you to give evidence. He obviously deserved to be shot in the back.

Ah the desperate attempt at an answer from somebody who knows he hasnt got a real one to put forward :dunce:

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Ah the desperate attempt at an answer from somebody who knows he hasnt got a real one to put forward :dunce:

That's very weak. No Alf, it's weary response of a man who realises that he really should have known better than to engage with NSC's resident guff artist.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
That's very weak. No Alf, it's weary response of a man who realises that he really should have known better than to engage with NSC's resident guff artist.

guff ? other posters have alteady commented that he was a sinn fein activist , im so sorry i havent deferred to your experience gained from reading left leaning publications, i havent posted "guff" at all , simply things that dont fit your agenda and you find unpalatable , thats the real reason for your crap replies.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I don't think I'm missing the point - I understand why you and your former comrades feel as you do.

Personally, if I'd like for anyone who is known, and evidenced, to be guilty of such crimes to be brought to account (on all sides) but understand why this can't happen (for the greater good and all that). The unfortunate fact that your assailant can't be brought to book for whatever reason, doesn't in my opinion mean that folk in different uniforms should necessarily be granted immunity from absolutely everything.

If we were talking about a case of something that happened during some form of violent engagement, then I'd be more inclined to agree with you - such things should be judged in a military context, by people with relevant experience. I don't (personally) believe that a person being shot in the back from 300m away, walking away from a check-point on the way to a GAA match, comes under that description, however mouthy he was.

Whereas a pira sticking around in a squady is?
Neither are acceptable but only punishing one side is equally unacceptable. My view is that of an earlier post where the view is that he was sighting the individual forgetting that the weapon was cocked or the safety was off.

FWIW, I have never agreed with Alf especially concerning his political views which I find abhorrent however in this case I have a great deal of sympathy with his views.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

youre missing the point by a long way and im starting to wonder if its deliberate , youve already admitted there cannot be a peace process without amnesties , is it or is it not acceptable that the amnesty only works one way ? its not difficult.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Whereas a pira sticking around in a squady is?
Neither are acceptable but only punishing one side is equally unacceptable. My view is that of an earlier post where the view is that he was sighting the individual forgetting that the weapon was cocked or the safety was off.

FWIW, I have never agreed with Alf especially concerning his political views which I find abhorrent however in this case I have a great deal of sympathy with his views.
which particular.part of.my political views do you find abhorrent ?
thanks for the support on this topic btw

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It was the first I had heard about it when Alf said it.

yet you saw fit to rubbish my post with thinly veiled intimations it was untrue , there have been plenty of instances of this before only now youve been shown up , you couldbt even bring yourself to reply to me , you had to do it to thrk ...........momentum ? ive shit em :lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You come across as a racist end of.

im not racist just someone who grew up seeing the sharp end of immigration rather than the pink fluffy, mid sussex , the bloke who runs the cuckfield tandoori is really nice so immigration must be good , type of experience , perhaps you might feel the same had you done so

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Isn't the point that whilst everyone pretty much appreciates the job servicemen do, there is a standard that we expect of them. We don't want to see them lower their standards to that of the common denominator. If fighting Isis for example, we don't expect our troops to behead any prisoners, rape female captives etc etc. Those standards would include not shooting civilians whether we like what they are saying or not.

In this case surely the question mark is over the way the army dealt with it at the time. Someone died and the result was just a discharge and a fine.

The question of immunity is, unfortunately, irrelevant as the immunity to terrorist organisations on both sides and the 'comfort letters' were part of the price for peace. Should it have applied to the armed forces and Police, almost certainly yes but it wasn't so we have to deal with the consequences of that.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
im not racist just someone who grew up seeing the sharp end of immigration rather than the pink fluffy, mid sussex , the bloke who runs the cuckfield tandoori is really nice so immigration must be good , type of experience , perhaps you might feel the same had you done so

Deportivo has served in the Navy, so your patronising rubbish doesn't wash. The Navy also had bases & Marines in NI, so not so naive as you like to make out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here