Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jihadi john dead?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Well, while people argue about whether Nazis had nicknames...the revenge attacks for this Isis heroes death has started in Paris. London before the weekends out I bet. Tin helmets on everybody, here we go again...

I couldn't give a **** if it is revenge (which incidentally I'm with [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] on this, I can't believe they could mobilise something like that so quickly). Jahdi John or whatever the **** his name was was at war and was killed fighting in that war. The folks in Paris were out enjoying a night out something I'm sure we all do on a regular basis. We all go to football and I'm sure fair few of us enjoy going to pop concerts. What happened last night could have happened to anyone of us. Not one of those people left their houses last night thinking they wouldn't be coming home. Sadly 120+ of them won't be doing that.

I don't know what the answer is or what we should do about it. But something has to be done. You can't live your life being scared. You can't not get on a plane/train/tube because you are scared some ****er is going to blow it up. You can't not go to a game of football/rugby/gig/bar because you're scared a group of cowardly ***** are going to rock up with kalashnikovs and bombs strapped to their bellys. Life has to go on.

You're right about one thing though we will be hit again which is ****ing scary as I expect it will be London. I like many on here I work in the city and have done for many years. 7/7 I worked a pitch and putt away from Russell Square so was very close to both a tube being blown up and the bus at Tavistock Square. We were evacuated from our office by armed police. It wasn't a good day. Again the 52 people who died and the hundreds that were injured that day like the folks in Paris were just going about their lives. I really hoped and still hope that I'd never have to experience anything like that again. Sadly I think I will.

Sad and worrying times.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Agreed Arthur. And on that note I'm off to London today with my 2 children for some grub at Borough Market and then some culture.

Life goes on. Take care matey.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Agreed Arthur. And on that note I'm off to London today with my 2 children for some grub at Borough Market and then some culture.

Life goes on. Take care matey.

Be safe buddy. Lord Mayors parade today so will be busy in the city. St Paul's is doing a great impression of Withdean at the moment.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The more we celebrate the death of an ISIS member the more we become like them.

Looks what's just happened last night. Maybe we should stop seeing killings as trophies?

Anyone who rejoiced in Jihadi Johns killings should feel stupid, especially after last night.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The more we celebrate the death of an ISIS member the more we become like them.

Looks what's just happened last night. Maybe we should stop seeing killings as trophies?

Anyone who rejoiced in Jihadi Johns killings should feel stupid, especially after last night.

Do you actually believe that? Seriously? Man...you're an edgy dude.

Being a believer in the notion of free speech I must accept your view as yours and yours alone but fuck me.

Is there no distiction in your mind between a homiciadal, embittered man who executes human being by cutting off their heads with an oversized Bowie knife WHILST BEING FILMED then flipping the bird at the victims grieving families and lecturing about Western morality gets toasted by a hellfire missile and that s in some way comparable to civilians in their own capital going out for a few cold drinks and a bit of Jazz and getting blown to smithereens by a suicide bomber or killed or horribly maimed by military grade ammunition?

Wow, just wow.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Do you actually believe that? Seriously? Man...you're an edgy dude.

Being a believer in the notion of free speech I must accept your view as yours and yours alone but fuck me.

Is there no distiction in your mind between a homiciadal, embittered man who executes human being by cutting off their heads with an oversized Bowie knife WHILST BEING FILMED then flipping the bird at the victims grieving families and lecturing about Western morality gets toasted by a hellfire missile and that s in some way comparable to civilians in their own capital going out for a few cold drinks and a bit of Jazz and getting blown to smithereens by a suicide bomber or killed or horribly maimed by military grade ammunition?

Wow, just wow.

ISIS have an attitude where if one of them is killed, something like 10 of us will die.

If a member of ISIS is killed by a missile, this can only mean us (civilians) are now in more danger. Why celebrate being even more endangered?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
ISIS have an attitude where if one of them is killed, something like 10 of us will die.

If a member of ISIS is killed by a missile, this can only mean us (civilians) are now in more danger. Why celebrate being even more endangered?

They may or may not have such attitude, but are you really saying that we should not target them, as they will kill civilians. Surely they will do that anyway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'll be rejoicing my face off to every single death of an ISIS scum bag thank you very much.

That's fine, given you're a nobody. But [MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION] has a point, there is a certain celebratory edge to these US announcements. Same with the "we got 'im" when Saddam was killed. And it's something I'm uncomfortable with.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No, I said we shouldn't rejoice in killing them. There's always a backlash.
Perhaps we should have just said 'okay' to that nice Mr Hitler? Our disastrous policies under the last labor government led to this appalling mess, but let's get one thing clear, IS only have one thing in mind, domination. Unless they are all wiped out, we will never be safe. You cannot appease someone hellbent on evil as Jihadi John was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here